Is there a way to see past versions of cards?

+
Is there a way to see past versions of cards?

I started Gwent in open beta and by the looks of it there has been loads of changes to existing cards and some cards have been removed completely (like NR Promote that is in the front page video). So I was wondering if there is like a database or something that would show previous versions of cards.

You can't "see" previous versions of cards unless somebody saved screenshots of them before each patch. However, you can "reverse engineer" a card's text by looking at the previous patch notes. There are links to all of the changelogs* in the New Players Tips thread (also linked in my Sig)

Example: King Bran

Current 0.9.6: Spawn: King Bran - STR 3
Deploy: Discard 3 cards from your Deck (including Golds) and Strengthen Units among them by 1.

Positioning Patch 0.8.72: King Bran no longer buffs the units he discards.
Nilfgaard Patch 0.8.60: "Discard 2 cards from your deck and add 2 base strength to them."
0.8.37: No Change (Bug fixes only)
0.8.33: No Change
0.8.25: King Bran now gives +2 base strength to any units he discards.
0.8.16: King Bran changed from Legendary to Epic (all leaders so changed)
Closed Beta: "Discard two cards then draw two cards"

*No changelog for 0.8.37 that I can find, as it was a bug fix, not a balance patch.

Treamayne;n8863390 said:
You can't "see" previous versions of cards unless somebody saved screenshots of them before each patch. However, you can "reverse engineer" a card's text by looking at the previous patch notes. There are links to all of the changelogs* in the New Players Tips thread (also linked in my Sig)

Thank you, I am indeed more interested in the previous abilities of cards. I found the patch notes but since 0.8.16 is a changelog, is it possible to find the original ability, or the "closed beta" in you example, before any changes?

In0va;n8864030 said:
Thank you, I am indeed more interested in the previous abilities of cards. I found the patch notes but since 0.8.16 is a changelog, is it possible to find the original ability, or the "closed beta" in you example, before any changes?

It would depend on the card,some can be inferred just from the patch notes (such as Reavers - who IIRC only ever had changes to STR # and timers during all 5 patches) but others you would need to check videos and such (possibly the way-back machine would have a slice of Gwent DB between 20 Oct and 15 Nov (Patch 0.8.16)) In the example, I just remembered Bran's original ability.

i have all the original card images from day one..up to the release of the new cards in closed beta.

Just out of interest, how many card artworks have been dropped from the game? Obviously the old Nekker one (which looked much cooler) and PFI has been removed completely, is there anything else from Closed Beta or even from before?

Like you said .the old nekkers trio ..and pfI a few others..but not much has changed art wise..mostly number value

Top Bottom