Is there a way to stop police from shooting me on sight?

+

Guest 3573786

Well just
tenor.gif

:ROFLMAO:

Hell, you can break the law by suiciding on the sidewalk. All I did was jump off a building. If you hit the street, they don't care. Hit the sidewalk, you criminal.
1609005430624.png

I don't think this is a bounty situation. If you cross police barriers, into active crime scenes or when they are using "enhanced interrogation" on a civilian. Basically if you see a cop on the street or any authority figure (corp guards etc.) don't mess with them if you interfere in what they are doing they will attack.

No I did not. I never hide my weapons unless I enter a Safe Area, where your weapons are automatically hiden until you leave the Safe Area. I walk/drive by cops all the time. Unprovoked, they shouldn't cause any issues.
Simply having your weapon drawn in public will get an arrest warrant out on you. The game even warns you of this. And by arrest, they mean "Shoot on sight" apparently.
And yeah. Standing near them apparently pisses them off quite a bit. And sometimes even helping them when in a firefight with baddies, they'll start shooting at ME instead of them.
HELL! In one "crime in progress" I was fighting some Animals. The cops saw me with my gun out in public and started shooting and chasing me down. Didn't care about the Animals at all, who also kept shooting at me. I had to flee on my bike. I mean, FFS!! The cops are the ones who put the "crime in progress" alert out and want help with it.

To be fair (and an attempt at levity, tho it's really not that funny) IRL cops will sometimes do this too, eh. ;) :(

yeah the police ai systems need a revamp. first and foremost, i propose that instead of those ncpd hustles and side gigs being isolated incidents, that the player be allowed to head down to ncpd headquarters and apply for a constractor license, this will allow police scanners to recognize you as friendly and not engage you when you're fighting crime on their behalf.

There is no bounty system in this game. Whenever gang members, guards or cops hang gout in any area, that area is considered "semi-restricted" or whatever, so when you come close, you slowly start filling their aggro meter just by standing there. There's no concept of arrest or anything, just shoot on sight.
Think you are right. Tested it with a new toon (so no criminal actions) and stood in the "radar" of a cop. Took like 20 secs and he started shooting.

And I do agree with what has been suggested in this thread: Some improvement has to be implemented. Helping the NCPD (crime in progress etc.) should provide some credits when it comes to any police encounter.

Cheers Euclid

Am I the only one that think that before improving the police system the game should give a valid reason to break the law which is not just being a terrorist that murder civilians or a road pirate?
Like for example stealing high value cars, killing corporate executives in the street as part of some assassination contract, smuggling cyberware etc...

Am I the only one that think that before improving the police system the game should give a valid reason to break the law which is not just being a terrorist that murder civilians or a road pirate?
Like for example stealing high value cars, killing corporate executives in the street as part of some assassination contract, smuggling cyberware etc...
Totally agree, seens like a waste of time using resources only to justify people that want to play a cyberpsicho simulator.

Many people compare how in GTA the police chase you, but its because being chased by the police is a base in many game quest

One of the things I loved in Saints Row 3 was just driving around or walking around the city and take in the view. Can't do that in Night City because someone from Trauma Team was standing on the other side of the road, four blocks away, and suddenly 15 Max Tac's, aka Road Runners, appear and are gunning me down as I walk on the sidewalk.
Or I try to get me some soda from a vending machine but apparently a cop 25 meters away didn't like the way I looked at that particular machine so they shoot me.

Everyone in Night City are so damn aggressive. I can't even drive around in a damn car because other cars in front of me suddenly stop, in the middle of the highway, for no reason. Zero flow to traffic in this city. Unless you're on a bike.

yeah the police ai systems need a revamp. first and foremost, i propose that instead of those ncpd hustles and side gigs being isolated incidents, that the player be allowed to head down to ncpd headquarters and apply for a constractor license, this will allow police scanners to recognize you as friendly and not engage you when you're fighting crime on their behalf.

This sounds like a valid way to add some depth to this. NCPD Dispatcher already refers to you as possible "subcon". Subcontractor, I guess?
I cannot imagine NCPD just broadcasting this to anyone who comes close. So this implies you must take some step to become one or be considered one. It sounds unlikely that even a Nomad (or street kid) would sign up for this in the 6 months montage or before, respectively (if NC resident by background). Also doubt the Corpo would've done it before and or then in the 6 months.

Model out the NCPD HQ at Glen (if not the case already) and make it so you can go there to sign up, while tweaking all these quests and how police approaches you. Let them become more friendly if you sign up, heck, if you become trusted, let them near-ignore you if you run around their "checkpoints" or crime scenes. If you become known, let them greet you or say something like "Ah, V, right? Another dead body here...".

(Hey, if you level street cred, you might as well get actual recognition)

In addition, Glen NCPD precinct could also be fleshed out and enterable any time or under more circumstances if they do truly expand on MAX-TAC or allow you to quasi join that particular unit for more side content and a small or moderate quest chain. And some perks. Like hunting and killing cyberpsychos or being able to 'arrest' any criminal gangoon you take down non-lethally for a small added monetary bonus or so.

There's many possibilities to add more depth to this area and part of the game, among other parts.

Simple:
DRIVE AWAY! THEY CAN'T OPERATE VEHICLES!

Who needs vehicles if you can TELEPORT!

Who needs vehicles if you can TELEPORT!
Well, I haven't experienced them teleporting in whereever I drive to. But even if they do for you or anyone else, the answer is still simple:
KEEP DRIVING! THEY'LL GIVE UP AT SOME POINT!

(I should mention that I'm not trying to be mean.)

If you are tanky enough, just ignore them and heal from time to time.

They will lose interest really fast.

One of my most hilarious experiences with NCPD was the time I "stopped" a robbery by blasting the goons head with the O'five...forget about the explosive tip part of the weapon and injured the civilian.

They instantly teleported to me...while I was intervening on their behalf on a robbery.

Hey, V. We don't have enough people to handle every criminal activity.
But if you bend one single hair of a civilian we instantly dispatch a cop with drone support. ASAP. like teleportations ASAP, :giveup:

Edit:

I found out, talking to a store will immediately end any chase/warrant.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Well, I haven't experienced them teleporting in whereever I drive to. But even if they do for you or anyone else, the answer is still simple:
KEEP DRIVING! THEY'LL GIVE UP AT SOME POINT!

(I should mention that I'm not trying to be mean.)

Exactly. just drive a bit and they forget all about your crime. I guess they are just very forgiving.

Exactly. just drive a bit and they forget all about your crime. I guess they are just very forgiving.
Well... Forgiving isn't the word I would use, since when just about anyone else in Night City commits a crime, they leave it to citizens (i.e. you) to stop them. But the instant you kill someone, they're on top of you like the Secret Service and the U.S. President. The ironic part is that whenever a poor person gets killed, the NCPD usually don't respond immediately (from the in-world perspective), whereas if a wealthy corpo gets killed, the NCPD will respond as soon as possible, but if you kill a poor person, you get the same response time as you killed a wealthy corpo (again, from the in-world perspective). Lore-wise, that doesn't make a lot of sense.

mbrto

Forum regular
i love that the game pauses when the police introduction message pops up
i usually load a save when this happens
my v doesnt kill civilians

All I know is that the cops by my apartment always want to gun me down, been this way since day 1.

" Come on out! Out you come! " Over and over and over for weeks.

The player have access to the Police dispatcher via his phone. Would be great to pay her to have a free pass when the situation goes into madness.

Top Bottom