Is there a way to trick the installer and install the game twice?

+
Is there a way to trick the installer and install the game twice?

I'm in the middle of the game, again, and I'd like to play one or two of the new adventures in between.I play the game with FCR and I'd want to play adventures with Flash Mod first. So I thought it would be great to have one installation for adventures only for the occasional appetite for something new.But when I start setup, I am prompted if I want to uninstall the game.So, can there be something done about it, l like altering a registry key? Without disabling the first installation completely?

DelightfulMcCoy said:
I'm in the middle of the game, again, and I'd like to play one or two of the new adventures in between.I play the game with FCR and I'd want to play adventures with Flash Mod first. So I thought it would be great to have one installation for adventures only for the occasional appetite for something new.But when I start setup, I am prompted if I want to uninstall the game.So, can there be something done about it, l like altering a registry key? Without disabling the first installation completely?
tly to export those CDProjekt RED registry keys first ( so you can back them up ), then delete them, then retry

I have a same kind of situation, I'm visiting my friend and did bring my witcher dvd for him to try, and he seems to like it. But now he went off for some days and during that time I would like to try the game in hard mode (he's playing in medium like me earlier) Can I do so without overwriting his saves?

LicaonKter said:
tly to export those CDProjekt RED registry keys first ( so you can back them up ), then delete them, then retry
The idea was me asking if I could safely do that before doing trial and error myself. And find out which key(s) to delete. I should've been clearer in my question. @Cuthron:I might have a better solution for you. I take it, you both play the vanilla game? Then just install Flash Mod, play on "harder" or "hardest" and when your friend wants to play again, you can simply uninstall Flash Mod via the control panel. You don't need to overwrite any saves, every time you press F5, you create a new save. But maybe you'll want to use your own saves multiple times (Esc, save game, overwrite last save), because you'll quickly end up with gigabytes of savegames. You could also save away his saves: go to the path with your documents and find the "the witcher" folder in there, there's a "saves" folder. Create a new folder "saves.bak" or whatever and put the old saves in there, then they are absolutely safe.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
The idea was me asking if I could safely do that before doing trial and error myself. And find out which key(s) to delete. I should've been clearer in my question.
i just gave you the name of the keys ;)but, there is some info spread around the registry, the uninstall part, which will yell when you try to install, my idea: move the witcher folder somewhere elseuninstall the game ( keep the savegames )...it will try to delete de files, but you moved them so it can'treinstall the game

Copy the game somewhere else, then uninstall it as you normally would. The copied game folder will remain intact, but the original one will be deleted. Then just install the game normally and you'll have two installations on your computer, though only one will be in the registry.

Top Bottom