Is there any console I can play offline

+
Is there any console I can play offline

I work on the road and almost always have no internet.
I downloaded witcher 3 for xbox one but just realized I cant play offline.
is there anyway or any console that will allow me to play offline?
please/thank you

The fact that you downloaded it probably did it for you. Should have bought a physical disc, that would have been offline.

Your best bet would be getting a gaming laptop if you are always on the move. You can play offline on PC at least :D.

So if I go buy the physical disk I will be OK?
How sure are you? lol
Hate to fork out another 70 just for nothing!
thx!

---------- Post merged on 04-06-2015 at 12:55 AM ----------

So if I was offline i wouldnt be getting the error message that everyone is getting now?

If you didn't want annoying online requirements, you should have avoided the Xbox One after the massive controversy around their initial plans to be always-online. I'm 99% sure that you having a digital copy doesn't make any difference. All a disc copy is is a digital copy that comes on a disc rather than off the internet.

I've got a digital copy on the PS4 and am having no problems with it, no error message.

luc0s

Forum veteran
Yeah all systems except for the Xbox One can play TW3 offline.

Just buy the game for PC or PS4 and you should be good.

Please, don't invent a problem where there is none. Xbox One can perfectly play TW3 off-line, as well as any other SP game. Does not matter physical disk, or download.

"Always on-line" requirement was dropped like a year ago.

Please, don't invent a problem where there is none. Xbox One can perfectly play TW3 off-line, as well as any other SP game. Does not matter physical disk, or download.

"Always on-line" requirement was dropped like a year ago.
I cant play witcher 3 offline on my digital copy on xbox one. Thats why I started this thread.

Personally I can play it right now (digital copy), and I always could play it off-line. There is a problem for me right now - I can't download and install two new DLC packs.
It is quite possible that people can't download and install the game right now, because of some transient technical issues.
Title of the article "The Witcher 3 Isn't Working on Xbox One Right Now", and not about not being able to play TW3 off-line at all. This can happen with any console, and even with Steam from time to time, so I don't see any reason to recommend shelling out money on any other version because of this.

I can't get real broadband where I live and only go online with my PS4 to do game updates. I have absolutely no issue playing The Witcher or any other game offline with my console. Forced online connections are why I had to give up on PC gaming though.

I had trouble installing the patch when i got the game on tuesday (as in the game wouldnt start at all, just kept saying it needs my attention). So i uninstalled it for the 3rd time and installed it whilst offline. Played perfectly offline.

Since reading this thread i was curious so i went and turned my router off and it still works fine. So yes the xbox can play games offline.

Looking through google, the odd person here and there has had trouble with other games (digital copy not working offline), but this seems to be a bug as the general opinion is that it should work perfectly, and does for the majority

Another thing about the xbox1 that I find completely shady is that when you buy one, you can't even play games until you hook it up to the internet first to install its update. MS has money to burn and paid a good sum for their public relations as it shows. Even with this stunt, bricking an offline game, they are acting like its no big issue but it completely contradicts everything they promised back when people were throwing fits about DRM and always on. They were not supposed to be allowed to do this. If you buy a game, you should be able to play it whether or not you have internet, same goes for buying a brand new console. PCs, PS4, Vita, Wii, 3DS, you name it, don't have these issues. If I was a xb1 user, id be pretty upset.

I think everyone's aware of the technical problem from earlier, which affected Xbox. Regarding offline playing, I think that the situation is the same as with Steam. If you stay offline all of the time, there's no problem. But if you're online and it gets information that there's an update, you may have problems playing offline until you've GOT the update (or, as the previous poster did, use some other way of cancelling the update).

I had trouble installing the patch when i got the game on tuesday (as in the game wouldnt start at all, just kept saying it needs my attention). So i uninstalled it for the 3rd time and installed it whilst offline. Played perfectly offline.

Since reading this thread i was curious so i went and turned my router off and it still works fine. So yes the xbox can play games offline.

Looking through google, the odd person here and there has had trouble with other games (digital copy not working offline), but this seems to be a bug as the general opinion is that it should work perfectly, and does for the majority

That was for early release consoles. Bought my partner one last month and its never been hooked up to the net. She has 0 issue gaming on it

Top Bottom