Is there any cool armor?

+
I'm really pretty surprised by all the love for the bear armor. Not only does it look like Geralt is wearing a DRESS, it also looks like it would be very difficult to make agile moves in that dress. Can't wear it no matter the stats.

You know something that's really unfair?

Look at this familiar looking jacket that our main boy Eskel is rocking!

Lambert isn't far behind on stylish Witcher's clothing either! Seems like Geralt is the only one who doesn't quite fit the dress code anymore.

I agree, heck, TW2 armors were some of the best looking in any RPGs in my opinion, so styled yet not overdone, I especially liked the coat ones.

These TW2 armors are available for TW3?

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 588
  • original.jpg
    original.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 1,683
I agree, heck, TW2 armors were some of the best looking in any RPGs in my opinion, so styled yet not overdone, I especially liked the coat ones.

As someone who hates orange colored clothing in games, I can't help but love Seltkirk's armor, they just got something so right with that orange + gun metal gray color combination.

Selkirk's armor is indeed possibly the best armor design ever.

The cat armor isn't bad but the turtle neck really ruins it for me. Hopefully one day I'll figure out how to mod it out or find someone's mod that does it.

CD RED should of hired the guy or guys who made the immersive armor mod for Skyrim. The armor in this game for me was the biggest let down. I'm just confused how this got approved. I can't believe no one at CD RED gave feedback saying, "Hey guys these armor sets are pretty boring to look at...".

kaer morhen armor, bear school set (artwork looked way better tho) cidarian cavalry chest plate (doesnt make you as fat as nilfgaardian chest plates because its a medium armor if im not mistaken)
I agree with the bear school armor, design is far better than the mastercrafted one

kaer morhen armor, bear school set (artwork looked way better tho) cidarian cavalry chest plate (doesnt make you as fat as nilfgaardian chest plates because its a medium armor if im not mistaken)

Both this and the Redanian Halberdier armour would be absolutely perfect if it wasn't for the rondels. Not only do they look silly, but they would be very impractical for Geralt's (or any witcher's) fighting style as well. I wonder how hard it would be to remove them for an experienced modder.

Last edited:
I believe the ''dress'' part of it was to make it less predictable with your movements to the enemy, and it's not that hard to move around in. Don't quote me on it though. :)

@Eldanon ''I'm really pretty surprised by all the love for the bear armor. Not only does it look like Geralt is wearing a DRESS, it also looks like it would be very difficult to make agile moves in that dress. Can't wear it no matter the stats.''

I'm sure there will be new armour DLC for us console users, as we already saw. Hopefully the Devs will hear us and create more detail in the upcoming DLC. For PC users they have mods, so they can do anything they want.

Just give us back the hilarious Bear armor from the artwork :cry:

http://i.neoseeker.com/neo_image/87142/news/9/the_witcher_3_wild_huntbear_armour.jpg

btw the Oathbreaker armor is still in game. Source is the prima official guide. Though I haven't found it yet. At least something to look forward to.

I found the Oathbreaker Chest Armor, and i also have the Witch Hunter's. I can't remember where i picked it up though.

http://imgur.com/EDwI8a4&aTvpKFK#0

Here's an image of both.

Bear armor looks almost identical to the artwork, it's just missing the badass fur which was replaced by the scarf.......and the black pouch.

My favorite Witcher armor was in the first game, I always wished they'd bring that back. Any of Geralt's sets from the first game were awesome, and I used Raven's import in Witcher 2 most of the game because I thought it was way better than the new designs. So this complaint is nothing new for me!

Top Bottom