Is there any cool armor?

+
If only CDPR released a cloac from Killing Monsters trailer, I would forget about any armour set.

P.S. "Default" armour is still the best looking it seems.

If only CDPR released a cloac from Killing Monsters trailer, I would forget about any armour set.

P.S. "Default" armour is still the best looking it seems.

Default armor is Wolf school. And Wolf diagrams and other items are coming in DLC (placeholders have been found in the game code, but trying to enable them via console just brings up blanks). I'm assuming it'll be part of the "16 DLC's" thing but I want it now since all the armors suck and make him look like a court jester

Bear school armor is the best.
Nilfgaardian armor is cool looking too

I believe the ''dress'' part of it was to make it less predictable with your movements to the enemy, and it's not that hard to move around in. Don't quote me on it though. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakama

That's why the hakama is traditionally worn in Japanese martial arts... It lets you keep shuffling your feet without telegraphing where you're going. The pleats are even intentionally asymmetrical to accommodate a stance with a front and back foot.

Attachments

• Sensei-hakama.jpg
    Sensei-hakama.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 141
bear 1 and 2 just looks so stylish

while 3 and 4 just go kinda silly. I mean really, two metal rings on the chestpiece, that's somehow supposed to count as ringmail now, and what's up with that puke colored scarf?

Where is the fur? Why did they remove fur and replace it with ugly scarf? Whyyyyyyyyyy!?

The cat armor is pretty cool, if it's design wasn't so cluttered and busy.

It's not only the designs themselves that are disappointing. Geralt sword aren't even properly attached like you can see above. In TW2 this was done excellently.

i really miss oathbreaker sets, ursine the only one great looking armor.

but i use cat sets for my spam build.

I rly wonder why nobody is raging about the god dammed style of the griffin school gear? Someone took a look at it?
I crafted every armor and the stats of the griffin would have been the best for my play style but for the love of god i cant wear this s***
Im rly sry CDPR. I rly want to believe u guys worked hard and u wanted to make us happy (i rly rly do!) but the design of armors in TW3 is incredible bad!
The only 4 armors I only wear through the WHOLE game was geralts default armor, the temerian one (which was rly great designed like armors in WT2), the ursine school gear and the feline school gear.

This is just a shame. In TW2 I couldnt rly decide which armor I should wear. I can remember when I wear on Dark Mode on act3 Rabes Armor. Jesus, this one still incredible looking. Oathbreakers Gear and Vran-Armor was incredible too. IT WAS AWESOME! But there were a lot of other armors which fit very well for me.
On TW3 there were only 4 armors I liked despite the amount of available armors you could found.

Where do I get Bear armour diagram? I like it's look a lot, at first I wanted to go with "light armour" because it 'fits' Witcher from lore perspective and I hoped it will look nice but so far they make Geralt look like a fat-ass with a beer belly... Unlike the Bear armour which actually looks great.

Both this and the Redanian Halberdier armour would be absolutely perfect if it wasn't for the rondels. Not only do they look silly, but they would be very impractical for Geralt's (or any witcher's) fighting style as well. I wonder how hard it would be to remove them for an experienced modder.

Cidarian chest plate is probably my favorite armor for Geralt. I agree about the rondels, even if they are historically accurate of medieval armors.

I currently wearing Bear armor chest with Cat armor: legs, boots, gloves. For this combination I chose yellow perk for light armor and whole set looks very good together and of course gave you decent armor with bear chest. I don't like only one thing on bear armor. For me first Bear chest looks awesome , second is fine and I don't like much third and fourth becouse that scarf hide a wolf medailon.

Bear 1 and 2 just looks so stylish

while 3 and 4 just go kinda silly. I mean really, two metal rings on the chestpiece, that's somehow supposed to count as ringmail now, and what's up with that puke colored scarf?

Im digging the bear school armor. Waiting for that upgrade to 4 so I can pretend to be Jon Snow :)

I've posted this in other threads, but my favorites are 1. The default armor 2. The Tremelian armor from the DLC 3. The bear armor. Everything else looks a little (or a lot) off. Hopefully new armor sets are introduced in future DLC's.

The cat armor is pretty cool, if it's design wasn't so cluttered and busy.

Someone shoudl really explain to me why a light armor has chainmail and a lot of protections.
It seems...heavy, to me. Based cat armor has a very good design with a lot of potential, but this?

---------- Updated at 01:57 PM ----------

I understand the Medieval theme of the series, especially showcased with Witcher 3. However, seeing as this is a fantasy world they could have at least offered more designs around Geralt to look like a badass Monster Slayer. Everyone else can have beer bellies and ugliness. I want Geralt to look awesomesauce.

Geralt doesn't need to be badass. He really needs only a black leather medieval doublet.

---------- Updated at 02:01 PM ----------

This is something that would fit Geralt.

---------- Updated at 02:02 PM ----------

Default armor is Wolf school. And Wolf diagrams and other items are coming in DLC (placeholders have been found in the game code, but trying to enable them via console just brings up blanks). I'm assuming it'll be part of the "16 DLC's" thing but I want it now since all the armors suck and make him look like a court jester

Sadly, the default armor isn't that good.

My biggest grip with Armors in the Witcher 3, is that almost none of them have any bags nor coin purses attached to them, and the swords are not even property attached neither.

The Witcher 2 did a way better job at that. Most amours there really fitted the Witcher theme, here there are simply way too many armor just for the sake of quantity in stead of quality....

Top Bottom