Is there any cool armor?

+
I rly wonder why nobody is raging about the god dammed style of the griffin school gear? Someone took a look at it?
I crafted every armor and the stats of the griffin would have been the best for my play style but for the love of god i cant wear this s***
Im rly sry CDPR. I rly want to believe u guys worked hard and u wanted to make us happy (i rly rly do!) but the design of armors in TW3 is incredible bad!
The only 4 armors I only wear through the WHOLE game was geralts default armor, the temerian one (which was rly great designed like armors in WT2), the ursine school gear and the feline school gear.

This is just a shame. In TW2 I couldnt rly decide which armor I should wear. I can remember when I wear on Dark Mode on act3 Rabes Armor. Jesus, this one still incredible looking. Oathbreakers Gear and Vran-Armor was incredible too. IT WAS AWESOME! But there were a lot of other armors which fit very well for me.
On TW3 there were only 4 armors I liked despite the amount of available armors you could found.

I know dude. I feel like you. Griffin set is too ugly, and feel bad because it's the set for my playstyle.

The Witcher 2 did a way better job at that. Most amours there really fitted the Witcher theme, here there are simply way too many armor just for the sake of quantity in stead of quality....

But they aren't even to many. The number of the armors you can find is really low, and none of them, except for the base feline armor and the Temerian armor, really fit what Geralt would wear.

Someone shoudl really explain to me why a light armor has chainmail and a lot of protections.
It seems...heavy, to me. Based cat armor has a very good design with a lot of potential, but this?

Chainmail is incredibly light and efficient. It's in fact lighter to wear a mail shirt than a full leather doublet with lining.

SOURCE: I've done some re-enactment with accurate period re-creations.

Chainmail elements fit perfectly for something a Witcher might want to do, they don't restrict movement at all and provide excellent defense, not to mention spread the brunt of an impact pretty well.

Something Geralt would legitimately wear is:

Not thin cotton shirt on the bottom.
Mail shirt, perhaps with no sleeves, many layers might impede folding of the arm.
A nice leather or quilted doublet.

There you go, a nice, durable, light yet protective set of armor that you can walk around town in without looking very dangerous and can even attend occasions without being mistaken for a guard.

Last edited:
Hoping they do infact bring wolf school armor upgrades in the dlc. I also really want a cloak. Could be an issue for people who have gotten rid of the Kaer Morhen armor long ago though with the dlc...

The cat armor is pretty cool, if it's design wasn't so cluttered and busy.

i think this is the coolest i have seen yet! dig this one.

Right now as a hybrid sword + igni build at lvl 24 I'm using the Tier 1 Ursine chest mixed with relic gloves, cat boots and cat pants, It looks good and all but I'm stuck with it as there's no way to get high enough to craft mastercraft without cheating.

You know you've done a bad job with armor design when everybody longs back for the starting armor, and everybody complains about not being able to upgrade that. simply because most of the other armors looks bad/ wierd in comparison. and the few right design choices done with the other armors i.e white arms with the ursine armor. Are quickly removed as you upgrade them. I mean, one of the reasons I like to play rpgs is the joy of getting the armor you see in the trailers, or finding an even nicer looking piece of gear throughout my exploration. No such thing in W3 however. you start with the coolest looking armor, and you're practically forced to abandon it by level 5 due to it's low stats.

EDIT: I mean. look for the bear armor concept art. I was drooling when I saw it. and couldn't wait to get the mastercrafted one...nah you get a bushy green lower part. with a puke-kahki something shitty for a scarf. What were they thinking?! fur lining and black looks SO much better

I'm absolutely in love with the Nilfgaardian Guardsman armor but I'm still missing the badass gauntlets.

The Redanian Halbediers armor's a good fit for Geralt too especially in combination with a full beard

The Mag Deira Cuirass looks also quite cool though I wish the "skirt" had physic effects

The default Ursine armor looks awesome from the back but the hair being stuffed inside the collar looks awful from the front.

I mostly switch from Nilfgaardian to Ursine when I wanna enjoy the physic effects during combat or while free-roaming on foot. For anything else like riding, walking in interiors, interacting with NPCs and so on, I'm going Nilfgaardian all the way

Attachments

• armor8.jpg
    armor8.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 1,045
  • nilf2.jpg
    nilf2.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 306
  • armor6.jpg
    armor6.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 1,608
  • urs1.jpg
    urs1.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Eskels armor reminds me of some armor in the witcher 2 i like it, still wish they make more witcher gear because the feline ursine and griffin looks nice, but it could be far better, i also hope the bring back the wolf armor in upgrades like the other witcher gear.

This somewhat reminds me of Bloodborne with the lack of Armour and Weapons from the Souls' series, especially Dark Souks 2.

FROM focused a lot more on Quality than Quantity this time around, and it pays off. Witcher 2 had nearly 3x as many items than the first Witcher, but they were mostly great designs. Some went a little overboard, but majority really fit the theme of the game, and to Geralt himself.

Witcher 3 there is lack of Quality and even more Quantity, and this really hurts the game in that aspect of Armour designs. The weapons, most of them are unique, but many seem to be copies with a different colour hilt.

Some of the armour designs are really awesome, but far too few, and the "junk" armour sets/designs you come across either break immersion, make Geralt look like a 300lb monster slayer, or the colours are just really terrible.

Now.. obviously Nilfgaard would have extravagant designs and illustrious armours, etc..

The Temerians would have, literally, buckets on their heads with hideous metal plates, but to them it don;t matter as long as it protects against attacks.

I just wish there were more Witcher sets that looked more akin to Witcher 2, and also carried over many designs from previous.

It's terrible, gives you big beer tummy.

Then you have no clue how a big bear tummy looks like.

This is how a beer tummy looks like. As you can see all the fat is where the belt is when Geralt wears the enhanced griffin armor. But I do agree that the chest aria looks a but hmm... Not in the cut seens though.

I think it would be the best if there was an option how to reinforce your current armor.. all you would need is armorer with appropriate level, who could "upgrade" your existing armor with additional "armor points" for certain amount of resources and money.. this way, player would be able to keep the Wolf armor entire game if he wants to...

HexerDa, I can say you have terrible taste, as heavy plate armor looks absolutely unnatural on the witcher, like a businessman in clown's outfit. The heavy armor itself has good design, it would great for any other game but TW3.

Both this and the Redanian Halberdier armour would be absolutely perfect if it wasn't for the rondels. Not only do they look silly, but they would be very impractical for Geralt's (or any witcher's) fighting style as well. I wonder how hard it would be to remove them for an experienced modder.

Are you sure about the rondels being impractical? Granted I am not the Witcher, but I have sparred with longswords before. I've seen people spar with longswords in armor that has rondels on it. It's not a big deal, honestly.

What do you guys think about Viper gear? I've just jumped to 69th level and finally I am able to wear it:

It looks pretty much the same as standard Kae Morhen armor, it has more black color I think. It is quite elegant, makes Geralt look like badass.

Attachments

• viper-gear.jpg
    viper-gear.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Top Bottom