Is there any official information about modding directory structure

+
Is there any official information about modding directory structure

Instead of the the modifying of the original game files, having a location where mod bundle files could be placed. Perhaps having them applied and work similar to the way CDPR has setup the DLC.

There's no official information, although this has been found in the 1.07 user.settings file:

[ContentManager/Mods]
MaxNameLength=64
Enabled=true

But we don't know what it means (yet).

Yeah I've seen that, I've also seen that if you create 00_Mods directory and recreate the metadata.store it includes the folder contents but it also messes up the original content and patch directory load order without extensive renaming of directories which can cause issues with subsequent patches.
That's why I'm after something official from CDPR, so modders can start making better non-intrusive mods that don't require altering the original .bundle files. At least till the RedKit3 is released.

Last edited:
Interesting stuff! They have hinted on twitter that they are gonna end the free DLC "on a high note" next week, so this might have something to do with it. If that isn't it it's probably gonna be after the free DLC, because they are going with the whole 'all platforms equal' thing for now, meaning modding related changes aren't likely to be part of the patches, at least until all the free DLC is out.

Top Bottom