is there any way to edit or recompile bif files?

+
is there any way to edit or recompile bif files?

after extensive forum and google search i found nothing working with the witcher. i need a tool or other method to recompile luc files into bifsi know about override folder, i dont want it. it supposed to work but it doesnt for some strange reason. i want to force the game to read the changes.

Hmmm... yes have the same question. With the program Bif_rip you can unpack (for example the main.key). Is there a program, i can pack my changed files again?

I wrote a program (TWArchive) to extract files from a KEY/BIF archive because I needed the capability for my save game editor. I can look into adding the capability to create a new KEY/BIF archive if this function is still needed.

not needed now but there is no such program anywhere i looked (everywhere a mortal can) so creating it will definitely be a huge step forward. it will come in handy in future for many modders.

Meanwhile I'll be standing by the opinion that no BIF recompiling should ever be necessary, if the game works as it should. :p

The updated TWArchive utility is available on my work page. I used it to built a new localized.key and localized00.bif and they appear to be working properly in game.One advantage of building KEY/BIF files for custom mods is it collects all of the files required for a mod into a single place. This makes it easy to delete a mod when you no longer want it on your system.

thank you very much! it's first program which allow to do this and is accessible to normal users.

Top Bottom