Is there any way to safely climb down ledges? (keyboard controls)

+
Is there any way to safely climb down ledges? (keyboard controls)

I've already searched the forums as well as looked through the controls and tutorials of the game, but I haven't been able to find any hint of how I might be able to get Geralt to safely climb down ledges... There are a lot of people talking about the climbing mechanics in the game, but so far I haven't seen anyone mentioning a way of how to climb down things (apart from ladders).
I would appreciate it if anyone knew the right controls for this.

If you press CONTROLL you can make Geralt walk slow in stead of run, i dunno if that might help. I feel the controls are a bit clunky and is hard to manage Geralt's movements at times...

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that's not what I'm looking for.
As you can see in the tutorial at the beginning (https://youtu.be/c5YSRclg37s?t=14m45s) Ciri has an animation for climbing down ledges. I wonder if there is a control to do the same with Geralt. That way it would be possible to descend from higher objects without taking a lot of damage or even dying instantly.
It would be great if somebody knew if this ability is integrated in the game or not.

Thanks for the advice, blizzunit. At least, that's one way of reducing the damage when falling down.
As mentioned here in one thread there doesn't seem to be an info/tutorial about the "rolling out of fall"-mechanic in the game:
Yes, the falling damage is quite ludicrous, I was having all kinds of problems with it as well. There are many places in the game where you have to drop down somewhere and almost die if you don't know the roll mechanic, and as far as I recall, the game doesn't make a good job of telling you about that mechanic (I don't remember seeing it anywhere in the game). So there should be at least a loading screen tip somewhere saying "Roll just before hitting ground to avoid falling damage".

I had the same problem throughout the game. Quite late into the story, I decided to look it up on the forums, but all I could find was the rolling mechanic, which I had no idea existed, so it was something at least. But yeah, it seems like an obvious oversight not to be able to safely drop down from ledges.

Thank you for asking this! I thought I was a fool because I didn't know how to "climb down" a ledge properly. Hmm, then I thought that I slept through that part of the tutorial. I even did the tutorial twice (on May 19th no less, holding back my excitement to hit the prologue) because I figured I should know how to climb down without jumping, rolling, sliding, etc. Guess what, there is no way that I know of either. Climbing up, no problem! Climbing down? Your guess is as good as mine.

This game is beautiful in some respects and simply poor in others, like this "climbing down ledges" problem. Oh, by the way, does your Geralt fall down the stairs from time to time when you are not trying to do so (for no reason)? Mine does. This is stupidly annoying after a while. It was funny the first time.

And before you ask, no, neither I (the player) or Geralt (in game) was drinking at the time.

Yeah, I was really confused by that at first, but it seems you have to jump/roll unless you can find a latter. I've had some ledges I climbed up to then had to hurt myself jumping down from.

Yeah, it's strange. The animation is there for other characters, so not sure why Geralt can't do it.

Have had Geralt get some stupid injuries trying to climb down ledges and forgetting rolling on landing. :D

Top Bottom