Is there any weather system in Toussaint?

+
Is there any weather system in Toussaint?

I have played Blood and Wine for a while, and realised there is no rain in Toussaint. Why is that? Did CDPR do it on purpose or just simply forget to add weather system to the new DLC?

I live in a very warm country and most of the year the weather is very nice, i am talking about 2-3 weeks of rain in a year. It is mostly warm and sunny.
I can relate to Toussaint and i am very happy it is so different then the base game.

Jaw-dropping, gotta admit. And I haven't played it yet :) However, only 1080p for me :(
I havent finished Hearts of Stone.... Only one 220 hours long playthrough of main game, (1.08 patch was last when I finished game)..
I never replay games, but with all improvements, new UI, new expansions just started new playthrough, this one will probably be 300 hours long...

One more shot and I will leave Toussian region until my new Geralt put his steps there...
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7199/27103535260_d2fb20c802_o.png

I havent finished Hearts of Stone.... Only one 220 hours long playthrough of main game, (1.08 patch was last when I finished game)..
I never replay games, but with all improvements, new UI, new expansions just started new playthrough, this one will probably be 300 hours long...

One more shot and I will leave Toussian region until my new Geralt put his steps there...

I was amazed with how much time I've spent in Skyrim (307h) and that is including both DLC's a lot of exploration and a lot of mods testing.
In Witcher 3 I've got 301h 40m and that's only main game + HoS and I haven't visited all the places yet (loads of ? left on the map) and I'm yet to start B&W!
I won't be surprised if I'll get to 400!

I'm exactly the same, I never replay games either, I think its because I'm very ocd and do everything there is to do so the thought of doing it all again is a chore and it doesn't feel the same as first time but for reasons you mentioned I've restarted, also havnt touched any dlc

For me it is already TOO RAINY! I am 4 hours in and have already seen it rain 3 times! I prefer beautiful sunny days :)

I had a bug where the weather went to sunny to full thunderstorm in a blink of an eye

I'm exactly the same, I never replay games either, I think its because I'm very ocd and do everything there is to do so the thought of doing it all again is a chore and it doesn't feel the same as first time but for reasons you mentioned I've restarted, also havnt touched any dlc

While I understand the concept behind your decision, guys, I must say. After replaying it some 12 times, around 130 hrs each run, trying to fully explore everything on each run, I was still finding different and new stuff in the 12th playthrough. There are game which really are not meant to be replayed. Then there are masterpieces, games that will live forever. I'm not just talking about the hours spent in a game. I had over 1,000 hours in each of TES series starting with Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim but with only one character, perhaps two at the most.

Games like Dragon Age Origins and The Witcher, all of them, have something more. Each of its own special characteristics. I had 20 playthroughs with Origins, 20 different characters and I still plan to finish two runs I've started, on halted in middle game, focused in not using any armor/weapon other than the top tier normal Dragonbone made stuff (no rare, legendary, magic, whatever, except rings and amulets). And one with my Geralt created in it, (at least it looks like Geralt and, well, it is fun, but it is still level one).

TW1 and TW2 I had so many runs that I can't remember. TW3 tops them though. 1,560 hours so far. And it will be easily my longest played game ever. I still have so much to do and find in the current playthrough, which I made into a very special run. Done HoS before even starting the Battle of KM (different dialogue options with some background story for Vasemir which is not available otherwise) and now starting B&W with that same playthrough which has been halted for 7 months. In NG+ with a level 70 Geralt. I'll definitely have more runs both NG and NG+ from scratch with new Geralts in future). I am very demanding and there are only a few games that are really worthy playing for me. OCD yeah, but a chore, I don't feel it. After some 6-7 runs skipping all dialogues, I actually enjoy having them playing fully, specially because I never follow the same path on each run and there are still things to be discovered, like revisiting some areas at different stages of the game/hour of the day, for instance. There are always something new. One thing I cannot do is to keep playing after finishing the main story, I just can't. rolling credits marks the end of the journey for me. So I'm just glad that I can do both expansions before reaching it and in this run, quite away from reaching it.

OTOH, I'm just sad that I don't have all the free time I used to have, at least for a while, when I could really go into the game without any concerns and play it for such long sessions, or course, with breaks every each hour or two, for eating, stretching and well, playing with my pets and wife! =))

As for B&W itself. It is such a wonder, nothing less than I expected from CDPR. Thank you Reds for delivering another expansion which you say 10-20 hours and they always end up being 40-60 hours to me. I'll just upload a B&W first scenes video I made and then, back to RL business until I can find the time to get into it like I'm used to.

Guest 2364765

Video game development in a nutshell. :eek:kay:

Top Bottom