Is there anyone who is NOT playing NG in seasonal?

+
FFS, we all know that NG works very well in this seasonal, but what's the fun to play it all the time?? :mad:

Can anyone tell a good reason?

Seasonal has no rewards, so it's supposed to be for fun. Come on, people!

Why would there be? There's nothing quite like being guaranteed a free Tibor and Vilgefortz as long as you draw the cards.

Sarcasm aside: NG is strong in various seasonals, so of course many people are going to be playing it. That's been clear for a very, very long time now.

Besides, "fun" is 100% subjective. I ran into some Force of Nature player in seasonal, who kept pointslamming as much as they could, and THAT was extremely boring to me. :sleep:

PS. Seasonal DOES have rewards; the seasonal rewards trees require one to play and probably also win in seasonal mode.

Last edited:
I happened to stumble upon *this deck*:=> Arachas Swarm and it works fine against NG (in Banished-mode).
And yes, it was fun for me, because my relationship with NG-decks is quite cumbersome..

Come out and play in Seasonal! :coolstory: It is so much fun!... IF you enjoy playing against the same NG deck every match. :mad:

I can tell you right now what to expect in Seasonal this week: The usual NG control tools, Sunset Wanderers, Roach & Knickers to tempo R1, and just in case the player fails to execute, there are at least 3 Geralts to destroy whatever large creatures you managed to have.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I did try the seasonal mode yesterday (Power Shift), and i was happy to find different factions, not just NG.

I thought the seasonal modes changed on thursdays, right? so this mode should still have plenty of time left, but the counter said '3 days left'! I was planning on posting a seasonal deck for this mode, but i wont do it if the mode is about to be changed.

Enjoying the "plus one" mode although it is very hard not to win with ST and the castle+Idarran.+gezras of leyda.

Rather frustrated, literally switched to Lambert + Reckless Flurry to be able to kill all Idarran's the turn they come down. They drop it, I wipe them all. They renew Idarran... respawn everything.

The only reasonable strategy at this point seems to be forfeit the second you see Guerilla Tactics and don't hit that good game button.

EDIT: Loaded into 7x Guerilla Tactics players before I got a game into something else...

Last edited:
I'm not here for faction hate, I even enjoy playing as NG occasionally, but I feel like the whole point of seasonal mode is to freshen up the game. Instead it's just turned into NG mode for me. I really prefer seasonal modes in general, but this is making it pretty stale. Are devs doing anything to address it? Also curious to see if other people have crunched the numbers and know what percentage of their opponents are using NG.

Well, if you ask about the "Banished mode", my guess will be 90-95% of all games. I'm not exaggerating, it's the same deck all the time - either Imposter or Double Cross. Nilfgaard is particularly well suited for this mode and there is no surprise it is popular (Tibor, Vilgefortz, Shilard, Rico, Enrietta) but come on, it is getting so tedious after a while.

I just checked. It's up to 75% in banished mode

Yesterday evening and today morning I played 18 games in Banished mode using Guerrilla Tactics as my main ability. Out of 18 games, 14 were against Nilfgaard, so that's about 77/78% of the games which is quite similar to what you wrote. The last 9 games were all against Nilfgaard

1638086223193.png

Plus one is always ST though so same thing really. I guess another faction has asvantages in the other seasonal modes.
Swings and roundabouts

Yesterday evening and today morning I played 18 games in Banished mode using Guerrilla Tactics as my main ability. Out of 18 games, 14 were against Nilfgaard, so that's about 77/78% of the games which is quite similar to what you wrote. The last 9 games were all against Nilfgaard

View attachment 11265601
It's so annoying, I had to make a Scoia'tael deck specifically for NG because NG is the only deck that people play with. It goes back to the being able to ban a faction thread, everyone uses the same copy paste NG deck and all you end up doing is playing against the same 15 NG cards. There's no creativity in playing with the copy paste deck, but I assume people either know it's a cheap win and do it because it's fast, easy and takes minimal thinking, or, they don't know how to make a decent deck themselves. But when a game has 6 factions and you're playing against the same faction over and over again it takes away from the game. It takes away the fun, it takes away the challenge of out smarting one's opponent, and it's turning this game incredibly boring and stale. Whenever a NG deck comes up its so predictable that one can usually call out what card the NG player is going to play before they even play it. This game is played worldwide, which makes me believe the developers algorithms are so jack up, or they just don't care, because I find it hard to believe that for the amount of people playing, not everyone can be using this cheap copy paste NG deck, and for those of us using different factions and looking forward to playing more than just one faction apparently up to 77% of time is very telling. Being able to ban one deck would be amazing as it would finally allow players to play against the other 5 factions. And those that want to keep playing against NG decks can, but I predict that for a while NG players will end up just playing against their duplicate decks and realize how boring it gets. For those that want to say yeah but winning is fun or using a high win percentage for only playing NG as a reason, feels like a lazy excuse. I've used this analogy before but I'll do it again. As an adult winning a bowling match against a bunch of kids while you are also using the bumpers is easy but does it make it fun? or is it a cheap win? I started playing this game when it first came out and only had four or five factions and a whole lot less cards. That version of the game was much more fun, it seemed as if all the factions were evenly made and it took skill to play. Now it's more about uneven match ups, continuously playing the same exact deck, and how many cards the developers can create in hopes that people pay extra to unlock them faster, (which people do) and leaves the many players that want to see and play variety having to play against the same NG deck 27 times in order to finally play a different faction once and then back to a ridiculous run against the NG deck again. There's no fun in not being able to play the full game, and by that, I mean being able to have a more even spread of opponents from other factions, otherwise the developers mine as well just get rid of every factions and just force everyone to play the NG deck, because that's what this game has turned out to be. This game has become so incredibly boring, for me at least. I posted on the ban a deck page maybe two or three days ago, I believe I said something like I played this game 23 times and played against the same NG deck 21 of those games.... soooo fun.....

can someone explain to me why and how in Double Down mode any NG card with a disloyal option is allowed to pull cards from your deck? It's just another example of how stupid this game play is and that faction has become. How do you figure that Joachim De Wett can be played and then pull a high card from my deck and play it has their own? This makes no sense. The rule of that event is - Whenever you play a unit from your hand, play a unit with the same Provision Cost from YOUR deck. These rules are broken the game play is sh_t. An emissary can boost one of their players 7 points but also steal a 4-provision card from my deck. No. If playing any disloyal card should pull from the other persons deck then that card should be given to that player, as you're putting that card on the same side of the board. This game is so stupid.

Top Bottom