is there ANYTHING that helps with driving?

+
im trying to finish the quests with claire and i am just suffering through it. im on pc using a controller, and the sharp turns are just absolutely KILLING me. ive tried mods but they just dont help. and using different cars dont help either, im just swerving everywhere and hitting the sides and getting rammed/passed and its stressing me out. i love claire and i want to finish her quests! this is ruining the gameplay for me, no matter how many times i try it just doesnt get any easier

Practice driving whatever vehicle you plan on using if not claire's. Brake coming into turns, turn hard and accelerate out of the turn. I found I could do this at around 80 with a Herrara.

i dont think i have that one.... and im going WAY too fast lmao, thanks!

There are mods that tweak driving, making it somewhat similar to GTA style driving (although not the same)
Personally it feels too slow for me
This ^ There are other presets however afaik.

motorcycles are incredibly easy to use. if there's a sharp turn or you need to avoid an obstacle, press s (down). otherwise press shift (gas), a(left), d(right). i have a controller but i don't even bother to use it when i'm driving a motorcyle.

i completely give up, im on the third race and ive tried like 20 times. im tempted to send someone my save just because im so tired of trying. i hit a corner and BAM, im completely stopped and in last place

Motorcycles are generally easier to drive. The biggest problem I see with cars is that it seems like their turning radius is based on the exact center of the car. It's almost like someone has stuck a pin in it.

What we need, especially for the KBM drivers, is a way for us to fine tune vehicle handling. Most of those mods address things like acceleration, but nothing seems to be able to handle the abysmal turning and aggressive overcorrecting we encounter when trying to recover from the turns. The faster you're going, the more pronounced the issue becomes.

It really sucks, because we have several good 'performance' type vehicles, but can't get anywhere near their potential in the game.

Last edited:
Maybe stop using a crappy controller and get used to KB driving.

I won them all on 1st try. When a corner is coming up, slow down WITHOUT turning, then turn without pressing up or down. It's just like GTA 5 on M+KB.

im trying to finish the quests with claire and i am just suffering through it. im on pc using a controller, and the sharp turns are just absolutely KILLING me. ive tried mods but they just dont help. and using different cars dont help either, im just swerving everywhere and hitting the sides and getting rammed/passed and its stressing me out. i love claire and i want to finish her quests! this is ruining the gameplay for me, no matter how many times i try it just doesnt get any easier

Practice, I guess? Honestly, I just used Claire’s truck and got 1st place every race first try. Not sure why everyone complaining about vehicles in the game when it’s the drivers.
Post automatically merged:

Right!? :LOL:
BlazinBender out
:cool:

Motorcycles are generally easier to drive. The biggest problem I see with cars is that it seems like their turning radius is based on the exact center of the car. It's almost like someone has stuck a pin in it.

What we need, especially for the KBM drivers, is a way for us to fine tune vehicle handling. Most of those mods address things like acceleration, but nothing seems to be able to handle the abysmal turning and aggressive overcorrecting we encounter when trying to recover from the turns. The fast you're going, the more pronounced the issue becomes.

It really sucks, because we have several good 'performance' type vehicles, but can't get anywhere near their potential in the game.

thats the exact issue with cars, i couldnt put my finger on it but yeah thats EXACTLY it. its so weird and infuriating

i use controllers bc ive never been a keyboard and mouse person, its too much for me to think about at once

Double tap your hand break and don't let off the gas for the sharp corners to drift. Once you learn your favorite car, you'll be able to get it. The rear wheel cars drift much more aggressively than the AWD cars, which can be advantageous if you use it for what it is. If the back end is slipping, don't give it more gas (unless you are countering to bring it back in) or break, just turn. Watch some how-to drift videos. They tried to make the driving semi-realistic which is why the car gets floaty when you go fast and you have no aftermarket available to correct this.

Get mods, Nexus has a few that improves handling of vehicles. Although, that is for PC only... console players will have to suffer the poor handling of most vehicles. Tip, get a Javelina or Coyote... those have good handling without mods.
Post automatically merged:

i completely give up, im on the third race and ive tried like 20 times. im tempted to send someone my save just because im so tired of trying. i hit a corner and BAM, im completely stopped and in last place
Also completed every race first place, aside from the last one, for story reasons. Not that hard. Just slow down abit before sharp turns then drift if needed. Or, you could get the Javelina with the best handling in the game... that car turns on a dime without sliding around like its on ice.

Last edited:
In the races it's done fair for your enemies and for you (to some degree), you're able to stick to them when you make mistakes as they are able to stick to you (like in so much racing games really).

Otherwise yeah, tryy to slow down before turning and then accelerating again.
I mean, as dumb as it sounds, you can't just go with lots of speed into a perfect turn and go ahead in real life either xD
Sure the handling/cars should be improved from their current state (especially when you accelerate and want to turn around).

Otherwise driving would be more fun if there would be better "traffic management" and the flow of it.

I never understood why some open world games make driving a pain in the ass. Has anyone EVER complained about a videogame having cars that are too easy to drive? I don't care if it's unrealistic how effortlessly I'm speeding around corners. It's a videogame - there's a hell of a lot of things my character is unrealistically good at. Why stop at driving???

The only thing that would fix it for me personally is if CDPR would fix it.

Top Bottom