Is there something wrong with Day/Night cycle?

+
Is there something wrong with Day/Night cycle?

Don't know if anyone noticed, if it is a bug or not, but in the game the sunrise happens at around 3AM, is that correct or it is a bug? Because in most parts of the real world the sunrises around 6AM (at least here in Brazil this is the time the sun rises) and in the game it rises at around 3AM with at least for me kills the immersion of the game.

Maybe i'm wrong and CDPR considered Poland Sunrise time to put in the game, or it is a witcher's world feature. But it seems really weird.

The Witcher takes place a lot further north than Brazil in our world, resulting in earlier sunrises in summertime. I'm from Finland, and I can confirm that it starts to get light in 3 AM, currently, if not earlier.

I'd set it closer to 5AM to be more reminiscent of summers in Central Europe than Scandinavia but it's honestly not a big deal.

Don't know if anyone noticed, if it is a bug or not, but in the game the sunrise happens at around 3AM, is that correct or it is a bug? Because in most parts of the real world the sunrises around 6AM (at least here in Brazil this is the time the sun rises) and in the game it rises at around 3AM with at least for me kills the immersion of the game.

Maybe i'm wrong and CDPR considered Poland Sunrise time to put in the game, or it is a witcher's world feature. But it seems really weird.

In addition to what some other people already posted, I asked about this when the game first came out. Someone said they thought some players didn't like adventuring at night, so the developers set up the nighttime so it was just generally shorter. I personally think it's just that we're playing much more north in game than the developers setting an artificial lesser nighttime scenario. :)

Well, the Witcher was created in Poland and CDPR is a Polish developer that's located in Poland. So they went with that.

I'm in New York, and honestly it didn't ruin it for me in any capacity. The Northern Kingdoms aren't in North America, and this isn't Earth if eve in our galaxy. I find it being a fantasy genre, anything goes with these things. They could have two suns, two moons, etc. Whatever, it's all fair game because it's not our home.

I was very disappointed that the day/night cycle stopped influencing the behavior of different creatures. In TW3 you can easily meet a ghost and a ghoul during the day and the number of drowners on the shore is the same at any time of the day. It seems that devs just lost the flair or did not take this into consideration.

I was very disappointed that the day/night cycle stopped influencing the behavior of different creatures. In TW3 you can easily meet a ghost and a ghoul during the day and the number of drowners on the shore is the same at any time of the day. It seems that devs just lost the flair or did not take this into consideration.

Actually, it seems to me that Drowners are more active at night, but not to the same extent as in TW1 (where a swamp at night was a nightmare).
Also Nightwraiths and Noonwraiths only spawn at night and daytime, respectively. I even found out that at least one Guarded Treasure whose "guardian" is a Noonwraith during daytime is guarded at night by a Nightwraith.

As for the early sunrises, I too can confirm that here in northern Europe the sun really does come up at 3 am in June, July and August.

Last edited:
The night looks like daytime with a little blueish tint, and it gets "dark" eh I mean blue at about 11pm and the sun rises at 3am.
No nights at all / or nights which are only about 4 minutes long (with a 20-minute-day following) and almost brighter than daytime when the moon rises, seems to be a "feature" of all games in the actual console gen era.
The graphics gets beyond perfect, but the nights are not dark anymore as they were all the years before in all the games to give an eerie ambience feeling and awesome survival horror mood.
The only game which has dark nights I have ever seen since the PS4 era begun, was "The Order 1884" with this crossbow hunting mission in that park.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t1In-6-UnM
(I know everybody hates this game, but I kinda liked it and it had this uniquè steampunk mood... :D )

Want the same awesome nighttime graphics with fully adjustable sunset and sunrise time sliders and darkness sliders?
Luckily there is a patch for realistic nighttime.
You can set dusk at 9pm, and sunset at 6am, just it is in real-life, for the most immersion and enjoy the perfect night mood.
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/994/?

It needs to be updated like most of the mods to version 1.30, but here it is.

Well...........talking about 188x, here is the second mod which is very important for atmospheric night and creepy nighttime mood, the realistic self-shadowing of flames, candles, torches, streetlights and other stuff in Novigrad and Velen at night:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1886/?

Have fun with your new and realistic and fully immersive creepy nights - exactly like immersive nights should be :)

Why isn't it possible for it to be like the witcher 1, where the NPCs go to bed every night but wake up as soon as Geralt wakes them up?

KlimV;n7013000 said:
Why isn't it possible for it to be like the witcher 1, where the NPCs go to bed every night but wake up as soon as Geralt wakes them up?

pay attention, at night time there are different npc's than during day time
not everyone gos to sleep

Top Bottom