Is there still a chance to see the subway implemented in Night City? 🚇

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they said already some time ago they are not planning to introduce a working/interactive public transportation system. What we have only serves a decorative purpose.

A bunch of unfinished models that just stop in mid-air don't really serve any purpose, least of all decorative.

A reference to ToEE! Wow, that's a long time ago now. (I rather enjoyed that game, buggy though it was!)
Post automatically merged:

Immersion is a funny thing. Although you don't need to sleep, I try to make sure V gets her 6 hours of sleep every 24 hours (even if it's occasionally rather 'early' in the morning for her). I really enjoy driving around the city - car or motorbike - and setting my quest to "Cyberpsychos" or something so I have no path to follow - and I try to get home without any help.

Yes, I've spent an hour of real time trying to work out how to get home! (I tried once during a storm with little visibility. That was fun, though difficult!)

And so while I enjoy these things, I'm sure other people are all about "get me to the quest" or would spend a lot of time at a shooting range if such were available.

I understand entirely that having a working public transport system would take significant work and probably not be used by 90%+ of people - but for some people, it'd be great. Though I suspect that implementing it would ALSO be linked to upgrading the way car "AI" works.

Immersion means different things to different people. You know what I'd like? I'd like to be able to go to sleep in Judy's apartment once our romance was active, and have her curl up next to me. (Or Panam, or... you get the idea). Not a sex scene, just a short animation displaying that we care about each other.

I look forward to seeing what happens to the game in the future, though.

Cheers,
Merric
Wouldn't immersion meaning different things for different people be the exact reason why adding more options of transportation would allow for more of us to experience said immersion?

Or is it the same reoccurring pattern of you can't make everybody happy, but I'm happy so don't you dare changing it?

A bunch of unfinished models that just stop in mid-air don't really serve any purpose, least of all decorative.
No? You look up and you see the train moving and its stations, and you get the impression of something going on up there. It's an illusion, but it serves that purpose. Those models were maybe originally thought to be working, but there are priorities and sometimes you got to give up on something in order to work on more important mechanics.

They will add public transport, I think. it's one of the core concepts of cyberpunk metropolis. It's in their trailers.
it seems counter productive for them to add it, it would involve a lot of map rebuild, a least on the surface and another question is whether they have even built any of the underground that was meant to be present in this game... i dont see this happening unless they base or majorly involve next expansion on subway and underground or just one or another.

i dont expect anything significant to change at all.

Sadly, I think CDPR has bigger problems than what is or isn't in this game. They have a major class action lawsuit involving 4 different groups, and we can guess what might happen if they lose. I don't think development will be dead until that happens, but I'd be surprised to see any new or altered content until after the trial. Most likely everything is focusing in on stability, which could possibly generate more revenue as people come back when their perception of the game is that it's more playable.

That being said, I wouldn't rule anything out at this point. People are under the impression that CDPR screwed up in big ways, there might be huge changes in the future, direction and design, who knows.

Sadly, I think CDPR has bigger problems than what is or isn't in this game. They have a major class action lawsuit involving 4 different groups, and we can guess what might happen if they lose. I don't think development will be dead until that happens, but I'd be surprised to see any new or altered content until after the trial. Most likely everything is focusing in on stability, which could possibly generate more revenue as people come back when their perception of the game is that it's more playable.

That being said, I wouldn't rule anything out at this point. People are under the impression that CDPR screwed up in big ways, there might be huge changes in the future, direction and design, who knows.
Yup. "People" are sure under some "impressions".

Notice the reality? Last we heard anything new about the lawsuits was May of 2021. Notice how we never learned anything concrete about any rulings...either way? Notice how CDPR is still here? Notice how, not only, did they not "fold, crumble, or undergo massive, sweeping changes," but that they also bought a new studio and continue working as they always have?

Fascinating, I know.

Notice the reality? Last we heard anything new about the lawsuits was May of 2021. Notice how we never learned anything concrete about any rulings...either way? Notice how CDPR is still here? Notice how, not only, did they not "fold, crumble, or undergo massive, sweeping changes," but that they also bought a new studio and continue working as they always have?

Fascinating, I know.
Could have done without the sarcasm. That seems rather hostile.

There was something in September that CDPR had requested the court drop the charges of fraud. If the additional information in that article about the 4 court cases being consolidated into one was from earlier this year, I didn't know or I forgot. I couldn't find any update on this, and I haven't been following the case all that much. At any rate, I'm not going to speculate as to what is actually happening in the case, because I don't know, but I do know that it's still around, and if the ruling is against them, it will be anything but good for CDPR, especially if they are denied this latest request.

But anyway, I'm just trying to be pragmatic and accept the fact that any new additions or alterations to the game are a long way off, just as the current road map has shown. I rather enjoyed the game, tbqh, but the places and forums I frequent, that opinion is very rare. Your experience may be different, but let's not kid ourselves; this game may have sold and/or sold well, but it certainly took a beating at the same time.

there might be huge changes in the future, direction and design, who knows.
By the way, this was meant to imply that CDPR might decide to go in a different direction than what was currently planned, and wasn't meant to be insulting or that it would be a negative. We don't even know what those plans are, so they are clearly subject to change. I never said fold, crumble or massive sweeping changes (that seemingly ruin everything). Considering the topic of the thread, I thought that point was clear.

Last edited:

Fascinating, I know.

City Creation - this technology was to enable the creation of "living" and playable worlds based on artificial intelligence technology. Within the scope of this project, the company was also to develop "innovative processes and tools supporting the creation of the highest quality open-world games". For this purpose, CD Projekt RED received almost $2.7 million. It was the most expensive project that received funding at the time;
The fact that we didn't hear anything thus far only proves that CDPR tried to grab two - or multiple - magpies by the tail and they'll owe as a company a lot of explanations for multiple companies, including government for the quality of the product or missing features.
They signed contracts with Google (stadia), Nvidia, Polish Government (for aforementioned tools), Microsoft and Sony. They simply cannot leave this product in current state it would be worst in every single scenario. Every single company that invested in this unpolished games want a return of that investment and they're still obglided to deliver tools based on "AI".

Regarding a metro system, dunno, it seems like a no brainer, especially when they already pledged to build an immersive open world.
Tons of MMO has a fully open, on-rails travel system (e.g. Aion and almost free roam flying and travelling by the "air" tubes), even scheduling trains and play-testing shouldn't be a problem since a small company managed to make an entire mini-game about it. Game assets are already there (monorails, substation entrance, floating AV and an entire mission with old train that glides over monorail...). They can skip maintenance shafts, electric substation etc, unless they're planing to make them interactive for, dunno, mission purposes.

Also:

CDPR Hired bunch of modders, that in short span of a time managed to fix annoying bugs, craft extra tools and implement their own system like appearance change console, object spawner, which helped creating gems like fully functioning nano drone that can be operated and used as recon/spy device with a battery mechanics (deplete/charge and cost of action e.g hacking cost 20% of the battery for the most time consuming quick-hacks ) which would be useful during few quest with Goro/Mitch.

Guest 3847602

The fact that we didn't hear anything thus far only proves that CDPR tried to grab two - or multiple - magpies by the tail and they'll owe as a company a lot of explanations for multiple companies, including government for the quality of the product or missing features.
They signed contracts with Google (stadia), Nvidia, Polish Government (for aforementioned tools), Microsoft and Sony. They simply cannot leave this product in current state it would be worst in every single scenario. Every single company that invested in this unpolished games want a return of that investment and they're still obglided to deliver tools based on "AI".
Lawsuits were about bugs and performance on last gen consoles, not missing features.
And for a good reason - the fact that metro, like every other so called "missing feature" will be absent from the game was publicly disclosed long before game's release, and there'd be no way for prosecution to squeeze one, single cent out of CDPR.

There already is a public transportation system.

There's a fast travel point in like every street corner. You can imagine you're taking a bus or the metro. Just like you can imagine it's an RPG.

I thought the fast travel stations worked as the public transportation. They are placed in spots that would be a bus stop or a train station. Up for player's interpretation.

There was something in September that CDPR had requested the court drop the charges of fraud. If the additional information in that article about the 4 court cases being consolidated into one was from earlier this year, I didn't know or I forgot. I couldn't find any update on this, and I haven't been following the case all that much. At any rate, I'm not going to speculate as to what is actually happening in the case, because I don't know, but I do know that it's still around, and if the ruling is against them, it will be anything but good for CDPR, especially if they are denied this latest request.

The original source is CDPR's own earnings brief, more specifically under litigation in which CDPR is defendant. They filed for dismissal on August 12th.

These lawsuits move very slowly and there won't be any ruling for a long time, that's the one and only reason we haven't heard more from medias since May. Chances are that by the time there is a ruling it won't even be front page material anymore.

I have no doubt CDPR has a large sum set aside in preparation for this. Or at least I hope so because in the event of a negative to this affirmation it would mean some seriously poor planning on management's part. Of course, it's entirely impossible for anyone on this forum to know whether this is enough resources to seriously affect development of both current and future game's development.

My guess would be no, they probably expect a ruling to be year(s) away. Until then it's pretty much business as usual. You can't exactly stop your business in case you -might- lose a lawsuit whose outcome might still be years away.

Last edited:
The original source is CDPR's own earnings brief, more specifically under litigation in which CDPR is defendant. They filed for dismissal on August 12th.

These lawsuits move very slowly and there won't be any ruling for a long time, that's the one and only reason we haven't heard more from medias since May. Chances are that by the time there is a ruling it won't even be front page material anymore.

I have no doubt CDPR has a large sum set aside in preparation for this. Or at least I hope so because in the event of a negative to this affirmation it would mean some seriously poor planning on management's part. Of course, it's entirely impossible for anyone on this forum to know whether this is enough resources to seriously affect development of both current and future game's development.

My guess would be no, they probably expect a ruling to be year(s) away. Until then it's pretty much business as usual. You can't exactly stop your business in case you -might- lose a lawsuit whose outcome might still be years away.
I'm not a lawyer or anything, so I can only speculate. I don't think they're hurting for money with things like GOG, only that these troubles could possibly affect development in some way. As always, we'll just see what happens.

Once again a thread is being derailed with complete off-topic...

I don't really see why this should remain open in the first place, considering the OP necroed another thread about the same topic, so any further off-topic here and a lock will come.

Once again a thread is being derailed with complete off-topic...

I don't really see why this should remain open in the first place, considering the OP necroed another thread about the same topic, so any further off-topic here and a lock will come.
Please listen to the moderator. I would not like this thread to be censored and therefore ignored by the development team. It would be great to be able to go on adventures with V on public transportation systems. The atmosphere and art of the game really deserve to be enjoyed this way.

My guess would be a no to OPs initial question but gotta say, in Mafia 2002, trolleys and trains were quite fun options for transportation. Traveling the city by elevated railway in CP2077 would be awesome since city looks great. Functioning explorable subway line on the other hand, would require way too much work for them I fear.

My guess would be a no to OPs initial question but gotta say, in Mafia 2002, trolleys and trains were quite fun options for transportation. Traveling the city by elevated railway in CP2077 would be awesome since city looks great. Functioning explorable subway line on the other hand, would require way too much work for them I fear.

Not to mention the most important thing.

It would add nothing but a novelty that gets old in 5 minutes. Imagine spending months developing a system that gets used once for novelty and then ignored.

How many people even know you can use the trains in GTA San Andreas? There's a reason the functionality was cut form GTA 5.

Please listen to the moderator. I would not like this thread to be censored and therefore ignored by the development team. It would be great to be able to go on adventures with V on public transportation systems. The atmosphere and art of the game really deserve to be enjoyed this way.

For what it's worth, you can rest assured that CDPR is very well aware that finishing the train system would please many. As @Draconifors pointed out, this is merely a repeat of another thread. Personally I'd say a more accurate statement would be that it's a repeat of many... many threads. It's been brought up and discussed at length since day one.

Simply put, if by now CDPR wants or doesn't want to finalize the system you can be certain that this thread will literally change nothing in this. Regardless of it's fate.

Furthermore, as some others have just pointed out, it's probably not very high on CDPR's list of "must-have" systems as it would probably require more resources than it's worth. I myself never use fast travel in games yet I wouldn't use it much, if at all, I'd rather drive and get to appreciate the gorgeous city.

Not to mention the most important thing.

It would add nothing but a novelty that gets old in 5 minutes. Imagine spending months developing a system that gets used once for novelty and then ignored.

How many people even know you can use the trains in GTA San Andreas? There's a reason the functionality was cut form GTA 5.
It would add to the one thing that is important for some players - immersion. How many times it would be used is irrelevant. The option is what matters and knowing that underneath and above the player is something that is working and can be used.

I agree that the cost-effectiveness ratio is not good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom