Is this cut content?

+
During the first view of Silverhand and his mission at hand you end up being smacked down by Adam Smasher.
Silverhand shot a couple of shots at him and *Blew* the fight is over and Silverhand is making his way to the roof again.
More cut content, like a nice little boss fight that didnt make it or what? Anyone who actually knows what happend here, why it just cuts sometimes, I see it happen maybe 20+ time during the game, is that for real all the cut ingame content? :I

It's just a Continuity problem. One possibility is that Johnny initially fights Smasher to get to the roof, but then either the interactive fight or even another cutscene may or may not have been consistent with the Boss fight down the road.

Adam Smasher's entire role in the story felt odd. He's treated as this big bad guy but you meet him 4 short times

Once during Evelyns BD
Once during the end of the heist
During Johnny's flashback
End of the game, Sun, Star, Devil, Temperance, Secret.

All 4 of them are really short and really don't give you any reason to hate the guy, apart from the Star and Sun endings, which feel contrived imo.

I wish they had done more with him, a "meant-to-lose" boss fight as Johnny at the end of act 1 would have been a good way to introduce him.

During the first view of Silverhand and his mission at hand you end up being smacked down by Adam Smasher.
Silverhand shot a couple of shots at him and *Blew* the fight is over and Silverhand is making his way to the roof again.
More cut content, like a nice little boss fight that didnt make it or what? Anyone who actually knows what happend here, why it just cuts sometimes, I see it happen maybe 20+ time during the game, is that for real all the cut ingame content? :I

lore (not game) spoiler:

during that op to blow up Arasaka tower, Johnny gets shot by Smasher and his conciousness is uploaded to soulkiller not by Arasaka but by Rogue. At least in the lore. In game it is quite different. So maybe they did not know how to reconcile this lore fact or they wanted to setup Johnny as an unreliable narrator who's memories are subjective or corrupted

lore (not game) spoiler:

during that op to blow up Arasaka tower, Johnny gets shot by Smasher and his conciousness is uploaded to soulkiller not by Arasaka but by Rogue. At least in the lore. In game it is quite different. So maybe they did not know how to reconcile this lore fact or they wanted to setup Johnny as an unreliable narrator who's memories are subjective or corrupted
I don't think it was limitation of writing, or how to reconcile it. I say, CDPR writers are one of the best in the industry they could've pulled it thru. But I certainly think that time was a limitation due to which they cut it or skipped over it.

Top Bottom