Is this how decoy is supposed to work?

+
Hey there, so I am playing a double lippy/ cerys deck that uses decoy to play lippy twice and hopefully get 5 sheildmaidens in round 3. The only way that I know of to do this is to use decoy and a bunch of consistency cards and pray that you draw a good hand. Deck is below:

For the record I am aware that this deck is pure cancer but the win rate is honestly not great and its more interesting to me than the normal lippy/ cerys deck people are playing right now.

Anyways I just played a game where everything was working fine, I Lippyed in round 2 and then finished with a decoy onto lippy only to have the card that was randomly pulled out of the deck to play....be lippy. I ended up swapping my entire deck to be left with like 4 cards in deck going into round 3.

My question is this: Is decoy intended to have the card that you shuffle into your deck using decoy as a target for being randomly played after playing the decoy? It seems like a pretty huge risk to have for a card that sees very little play (decoy) and is already a pretty risky card to play since pulling any random unit out of your deck can easily brick something down the line or play for super low tempo. I realize that this is an edge case but I feel like changing this wouldn't hurt the game and would let some of us that want to play meme decks pull off our combos a little more reliably :shrug:

Thanks for reading

I do play decoy, and have observed numerous times that it draws the very card I played it on. I assume the decoyed card is shuffled into the deck before a new card is drawn. I don’t know if this was well thought out, but it does not appear to be an error.
Post automatically merged:

By the way this is not always bad: e. g. double Phillipa.

I do play decoy, and have observed numerous times that it draws the very card I played it on. I assume the decoyed card is shuffled into the deck before a new card is drawn. I don’t know if this was well thought out, but it does not appear to be an error.

I noticed the same behaviour. I suspect that the "Decoy" shuffle mechanic is bugged. The chance of drawing the card you just shuffled seems higher than drawing something else. In the past, when using some tutoring card, the game was showing the remaining cards in the deck in the correct order and not randomly (not shuffling the cards before showing them to the player).
:shrug:

DRK3

Forum veteran
@plastiq33 First of all, there are easier ways to have more Shieldmaidens than a standard Lippy deck, you dont need to rely on double Lippy with decoy.
You can use Operator+Shieldmaiden, Dudu, Muzzle/Blue Dream to get 3 more (and yes, i know this takes value from the Cerys play in R1/2, but it makes Cerys play on R3 even bigger)

Then, regarding Decoy, yes it can backfire when you use it and pulls the card you wanted to re-use on a different round, same thing happened to me multiple times on a NR double Draug deck, and it does feel like it happens more times than it should. I guess its one of the multiple reasons why Decoy is barely played in HC, compared to how popular it was on beta and Witcher 3's Gwent.

Top Bottom