Is this normal, and ** SOLVED ICON** >> what is this icon?

+
Hello all,
New to the forums.
Loved The Witcher 3 and now loving Cyberpunk.

Two things: 1) I'm running a 5950x + Kraken X73 cooler + RX 6700 XT + 32GB @3600 CL16
I'm seeing a few things. My cpu runs @ 75c-80c @ ~30% usage - GPU is always between 80% - 95% - Ram is ~ 50% usage @15GB used.
I play on ultra settings perfectly. Never had a problem so far being around 80hrs in so far. No other game I've played comes close to these numbers so far; so, they do seem a bit high to me. Question is, is this normal? Are others seeing same results with similiar gear?

2) What is this icon? I have looked everywhere and can't find anything on it.
I know the singular yellow magnifying glass is to scan, however this one will not let me scan. If I had to guess by the clock, I would assume it means "not time for that yet". If that's what it means, why would I be able to start a quest I can't finish and how do I know what needs to be done next?
Note: * I've already looked at all my shards and such.
Magnifying glass with clock.png

Hello all,
New to the forums.
Loved The Witcher 3 and now loving Cyberpunk.

Two things: 1) I'm running a 5950x + Kraken X73 cooler + RX 6700 XT + 32GB @3600 CL16
I'm seeing a few things. My cpu runs @ 75c-80c @ ~30% usage - GPU is always between 80% - 95% - Ram is ~ 50% usage @15GB used.
I play on ultra settings perfectly. Never had a problem so far being around 80hrs in so far. No other game I've played comes close to these numbers so far; so, they do seem a bit high to me. Question is, is this normal? Are others seeing same results with similiar gear?

2) What is this icon? I have looked everywhere and can't find anything on it.
I know the singular yellow magnifying glass is to scan, however this one will not let me scan. If I had to guess by the clock, I would assume it means "not time for that yet". If that's what it means, why would I be able to start a quest I can't finish and how do I know what needs to be done next?
Note: * I've already looked at all my shards and such.
View attachment 11268640
For point 1, I don't know (even if Cyberpunk is quite "resource-hungry")
About point 2, where/when is it ? During "The Hunt", "Little Help From My Friend" ?

For point 1, I don't know (even if Cyberpunk is quite "resource-hungry")
About point 2, where/when is it ? During "The Hunt", "Little Help From My Friend" ?
The Hunt is the quest. Trying to find the right file cabinet in the arcade room. If I do have to leave to complete something else, does the quest just remain as is; and does River stay where he is and I'll meet up with him later as though nothing happened or will it reset?

So it seems if I leave that quest and start another one, as I'm driving down the street (away from said quest building for the hunt) I fail and lose the mission. If I just load to the hunt in the building the same problem persists - I can't open the file cabinet. Unsure if I will get a call from River to start it over - so far nothing though.

Last edited:
The Hunt is the quest. Trying to find the right file cabinet in the arcade room. If I do have to leave to complete something else, does the quest just remain as is; and does River stay where he is and I'll meet up with him later as though nothing happened or will it reset?

So it seems if I leave that quest and start another one, as I'm driving down the street (away from said quest building for the hunt) I fail and lose the mission. If I just load to the hunt in the building the same problem persists - I can't open the file cabinet. Unsure if I will get a call from River to start it over - so far nothing though.
No, you don't have to scan everything ;)
You can't miss the "important" things in this quest (those cabinets are only there for let search you).
Either you scan them and they do not longer appear as "scannable items" (nor on the minimap).
Either you can "launch" a little V's dialogue line (without scan). In this case, the icon on the item and on the minimap can still appear, but nothing "important" to do with them.
The important cabinet is in a room at the very end, the door at the right to the door who is locked (red) in the room where River "search" (if we can say he's searching...)
In the "important room" you can find kid toys, BD shard, BD tech, BD chair and the cabinet who appear the dialogue "I think I find it River" when you are close to it (So impossible to miss it)
By anyway, finish the quest completely before doing anything else (just my advice).

Last edited:
No, you don't have to scan everything ;)
You can't miss the "important" things in this quest (those cabinets are only there for let search you).
Either you scan them and they do not longer appear as "scannable items" (nor on the minimap).
Either you can "launch" a little V's dialogue line (without scan). In this case, the icon on the item and on the minimap can still appear, but nothing "important" to do with them.
The important cabinet is in a room at the very end, the door at the right to the door who is locked (red) in the room where River "search" (if we can say he's searching...)
In the "important room" you can find kid toys, BD shard, BD tech, BD chair and the cabinet who appear the dialogue "I think I find it River" when you are close to it (So impossible to miss it)
By anyway, finish the quest completely before doing anything else (just my advice).
That''s the cabinet that won't let me scan. THat magnifying icon with clock shows up. When I scan nothing happens . I'm a bit confused - I don't know what to do. I want to finish the River storyline.
the right cabinet .png

That''s the cabinet that won't let me scan. THat magnifying icon with clock shows up. When I scan nothing happens . I'm a bit confused - I don't know what to do. I want to finish the River storyline.
And when you go close to it, you don't have a dialogue line ? Normally, you should have one :(
Like : "Hey River, I think I found it"
(this is the one who contain the "infos" about Harris)
The_hunt.png

Last edited:
And when you go close to it, you don't have a dialogue line ? Normally, you should have one :(
Like : "Hey River, I think I found it"
(this is the one who contain the "infos" about Harris)
Nothing at all. It shows up on the mini mape w/o the clock but on the cabinet it has the clock and i'm "locked out" for some reason. I've tried scaning it from every angle as well. Maybe I needed to do something else first, however if I leave the quest now to do other things I lose the quest for good. Not looking good either way. :(

Nothing at all. It shows up on the mini mape w/o the clock but on the cabinet it has the clock and i'm "locked out" for some reason. I've tried scaning it from every angle as well. Maybe I needed to do something else first, however if I leave the quest now to do other things I lose the quest for good. Not looking good either way. :(
If not, try to scan other thing like the arcade on the left (maybe also launch "distract enemies" on it) then "re-scan" the cabinet.
I hope you have a save before start the quest, at least before enterring in the building. If yes, try to restart (you lost few minutes) then scan everything in order (even the "useless" cabinets).

Simple question, River is here when you want to scan the cabinet (in the room next) ?

If not, try to scan other thing like the arcade on the left (maybe also launch "distract enemies" on it) then "re-scan" the cabinet.
I hope you have a save before start the quest, at least before enterring in the building. If yes, try to restart (you lost few minutes) then scan everything in order (even the "useless" cabinets).
Ya I have it saved. I'll try the quest over and see what happens. Most everything (computers, cabinets and chairs) have the "locked out" symbal.

I will reload from start and see. Hopfully just a glitch.

Ya I have it saved. I'll try the quest over and see what happens. Most everything (computers, cabinets and chairs) have the "locked out" symbal.

I will reload from start and see. Hopfully just a glitch.
Yep it's the better thing to do.
Normally, you should be able to scan everything who is indicated on the minimap (there is a lot in this building).

PS : If a a nice moderator pass here, it could be "good" to move all this discussion in a new thread :)

Yep it's the better thing to do.
Normally, you should be able to scan everything who is indicated on the minimap (there is a lot in this building).

PS : If a a nice moderator pass here, it could be "good" to move all this discussion in a new thread :)
Started the quest over twice starting from waiting for River, (so resest the quest) and still locked out. Only things I can think of is either I had to do something else first, however I don't think it's that because if I leave to do other quests I fail and lose The Hunt, never to be seen again.
Second option is - maybe I've already done something too soon that affects this story line and it locks me out and I can't complete the The Hunt.
Final option is - it's a bug? Although it seems many have completed it, so it would have to be a recent/new bug.
I don't know what to do. I want to finish River' sttoryline, however I want to continue with the game. :(

Ok so you restarted from before River arrives with his car ? (when you have to wait on the bench or the sofa; don't remember).
If yes, honestly, nothing could "block" the quest. You just have to talk to River in the car, follow River to the entrance, talk to him, enter in the building by the access that you want (that you are able to) and scan. Nothing really complicated.

So possibly a bug :(
(You can follow this steps and if nothing work, you can send a ticket to CDPR Support for help).

And you can keep this quest on side (nothing can block it), so you can keep continue to play with a save before meet River in his car (don't continue to play on a save where the problem is).
Post automatically merged:

For example, The Hunt (100%)
(it's on PS5, but nothing change between platforms)

Last edited:
Ok so you restarted from before River arrives with his car ? (when you have to wait on the bench or the sofa; don't remember).
If yes, honestly, nothing could "block" the quest. You just have to talk to River in the car, follow River to the entrance, talk to him, enter in the building by the access that you want (that you are able to) and scan. Nothing really complicated.

So possibly a bug :(
(You can follow this steps and if nothing work, you can send a ticket to CDPR Support for help).

And you can keep this quest on side (nothing can block it), so you can keep continue to play with a save before meet River in his car (don't continue to play on a save where the problem is).

For example, The Hunt (100%)
(it's on PS5, but nothing change between platforms)
I ended up having to put a ticket in. And now I wait.
Thanks for all your help @LeKill3rFou :)

** SOLVED **
If you see this icon it means you haven't done something yet. Most likely a certain side job needs to get done first.
In this case you have to make sure the side job "Killing in the Name" is completed first before you can do the side job
"The Hunt"
**Credit to REDSupport** I did not solve this myself

Last edited:
Top Bottom