is this statement still true?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was that recent interview where they said it isn't fair to compare a trailer to gameplay, so the implication is the game probably can't replicate the quality of the Sword of Destiny stuff. Not entirely surprising, since the 35 minute demo didn't look as good as Sword of Destiny, and the game looks worse than that now.

Well,the demo was pretty close to the SoD quality IMO.Back then that was the 'high setting' and the game should've looked much better at the release.And here we are now.I would defend them but I really don't know how.Every criticism is justified.

If this is a legit thread then we'll monitor it closely but for the most part, these threads are turning into flamewars and hence why we're deleting them. As for the question - Going by what I'm seeing, I think they(SoD specifically) absolutely can be replicated with exceptions of certain artistical changes(colours mostly).

Please don't take this wrong, but it's blatantly obvious there's a lot of detail missing between older footage and the new videos, e.g. on the buildings in Novigrad.

Probably not at this point, unless the day one patch change something huge. I am not really worried about this, it is normal in games with console version. I am playing for the story and combat, so....

Last edited:
My take on it, I think CDPR may have overestimated their capabilities in replicating their in-engine footage, I think it is a good lesson to learn, to be careful when presenting an early build, because people (some) will be angry in the end if the product is different, especially these days. Note that I think the game still looks gorgeous and I am more than happy with the current result.

My take on it, I think CDPR may have overestimated their capabilities in replicating their in-engine footage, I think it is a good lesson to learn, to be careful when presenting an early build, because people (some) will be angry in the end if the product is different, especially these days. Note that I think the game still looks gorgeous and I am more than happy with the current result.

I'd agree with you if that wouldn't have been in late January. I'm pretty sure they knew what as possible and what wasn't back then.

If this is a legit thread then we'll monitor it closely but for the most part, these threads are turning into flamewars and hence why we're deleting them. As for the question - Going by what I'm seeing, I think they(SoD specifically) absolutely can be replicated with exceptions of certain artistical changes(colours mostly).

I completely adore you.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game runs at 60fps stable on a GTX 980. It is an extremely powerful GPU, that is being pushed to its very maximum. It is illogical to believe that your visuals will be 'downgraded', as CDPR is evidently packing as much as possible visually into the game. There may be changes, that you personally find less appealing, but it is still illogical to believe the PC is being limited to PS4 potential, when a GTX 980 is being utilized to it's max.

The game runs at 60fps stable on a GTX 980. It is an extremely powerful GPU, that is being pushed to its very maximum. It is illogical to believe that your visuals will be 'downgraded', as CDPR is evidently packing as much as possible visually into the game. There may be changes, that you personally find less appealing, but it is still illogical to believe the PC is being limited to PS4 potential, when a GTX 980 is being utilized to it's max.

What about those with 3 way Titan X SLI?

There are diminishing benefits to providing an experience an increasingly smaller number of people can achieve. Providing the visual experience that is workable from medium-low end GPUs all the way to enthusiast makes a lot of sense. Remember they can always improve it for in the future, DirectX 12, newer GPU potential, etc.

There are diminishing benefits to providing an experience an increasingly smaller number of people can achieve. Providing the visual experience that is workable from medium-low end GPUs all the way to enthusiast makes a lot of sense. Remember they can always improve it for in the future, DirectX 12, newer GPU potential, etc.

You didn't answer my question. What about even those with 1 TitanX? or a pretty standard 970 SLI setup? A single 970 can max this game out, apart from HairWorks, which is buggy atm. Those setups will sit there with gpus just chilling not doing much.

You didn't answer my question. What about even those with 1 TitanX? or a pretty standard 970 SLI setup? A single 970 can max this game out, apart from HairWorks, which is buggy atm. Those setups will sit there with gpus just chilling not doing much.

Like he said, if the build remains the same... you are right. they sit. They aren't used, and what we thought would happen - didn't.

(I'm running 2 way titan x - so I'm right there with you and just as nervous this game is just a 1:1 port)

If you are worried -

Cancel Your Preorder.

Then, wait for reviews and footage and...download it off GoG. SO easy. So simple.

In case anyone has forgotten - here are some RULES REGARDING VISUALS ( and really any high-temper issue):

1. Be Polite! Don't use words like Lies, Backstab, or Hypocrites. No, no matter how excited you are.

2. Contribute Something New. Don't repeat yourself or anyone else nine times to prove your point.

3.Try To Make Things Better. Add information, correct politely misinformation, supply images THAT NO ONE ELSE HAS, encourage civility and courtesy at all times.

70% or better chance we lock this, delete multiple posts and some of you get banned, going from previous threads.

Keep

It

In

Mind.

Also, hugs.

According to Marcin the PC footage that has surfaced does not represent the final version, that the PC version will indeed for example have superior draw distance compared to the consoles when it releases and that the 35 minute demo is a more accurate representation. You can find his posts below.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...x-comparison?p=1660944&viewfull=1#post1660944

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...x-comparison?p=1661041&viewfull=1#post1661041

If both of these things turn out to be true then there hasn't really been any "downgrade" worth speaking of and SOD quality will definitely be within reach. Don't expect the game to look like the VGX trailer though since the art design has changed substantially since then plus we were never shown a true gameplay demonstration from those times.

So I suggest we reserve final judgement until release, then it will become quite obvious if the statement linked in the OP is true or not.

*Crossing fingers*

According to Marcin the PC footage that has surfaced does not represent the final version, that the PC version will indeed for example have superior draw distance compared to the consoles when it releases and that the 35 minute demo is a more accurate representation. You can find his posts below.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...x-comparison?p=1660944&viewfull=1#post1660944

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...x-comparison?p=1661041&viewfull=1#post1661041

If both of these things turn out to be true then there hasn't really been any "downgrade" worth speaking of and SOD quality will definitely be within reach. Don't expect the game to look like the VGX trailer though since the art design has changed substantially since then plus we were never shown a true gameplay demonstration from those times.

So I suggest we reserve final judgement until release, then it will become quite obvious if the statement linked in the OP is true or not.

*Crossing fingers*

Ok, I watched both IGN streams and the Gamespot stream, all of them were about 2 hours long, they played the game on ultra settings (only no HairWorks and SSAO instead of HBAO) and I can tell you the PC version looked pretty much the same as the console version. Sure, there might be a longer view distance (didn't really pay attention to that) but other than that, it was pretty much identical. Not sure again about texture resolution, but seeing as Marcin didn't talk about texture resolution being higher on the PC version, I'll assume it's the same as on the consoles.

Not sure again about texture resolution, but seeing as Marcin didn't talk about texture resolution being higher on the PC version, I'll assume it's the same as on the consoles.

Have we ever seen any screenshots or videos during the development of this tile showcasing textures that are noticeably higher resolution than those we are being shown to us now? I personally cannot recall that we have.

This is the first time I've seen a few of those images and some are downright gorgeous. I can only speak for myself obviously, but I don't look at those and immediately think "gameplay screenshot" regardless of when they were revealed or when I would have seen them.

Last edited:
I think its kind of unfair to compare PS4+Xbox One footage of the game to the PC version since nobody has yet the PC version and no reviews or footage of the PC version is released(talking about the footage for when the game is released not when the game was in development)

Not sure again about texture resolution, but seeing as Marcin didn't talk about texture resolution being higher on the PC version, I'll assume it's the same as on the consoles.

that's a bold assumption to make, seeing as he did address resolution...

There will be visible differences between console and PC (we always said so), stuff like:
- draw distance
- framerate
- resolution
-exclusive features such as hairworks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom