is this statement still true?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went and pre orderd the collectors edition long ago if i hadn't and all i had preorderd was the game i would have most likely canceled i hate console ports.
You could sell the CE edition if you truly feel this way about the game. You can make profit too. It's going for anywhere between 250 to 300 dollars on ebay.

You didn't answer my question. What about even those with 1 TitanX? or a pretty standard 970 SLI setup? A single 970 can max this game out, apart from HairWorks, which is buggy atm. Those setups will sit there with gpus just chilling not doing much.

I would guess possibly that there aren't enough of you to really focus on those components. grain of salt and all but the most popular individual GPU in the latest steam survey is the nvidia gtx 760. followed by 660 and then 970. excluding the intel integrated ones. it would make sense to focus on pushing those particular cards and then perhaps provide options or extras for the more niche ones later on or as a bonus?

---------- Updated at 07:07 AM ----------

Or they could have just stuck with PC made it great then dumbed it down for the consoles later like the Witcher 2.

to be honest, I played W2 a while after it came out but before it was announced for xbox. after about 5 minutes of playing straight away it definitely felt to me like a console port or was going to be a console version at some stage, from the way geralt moved and played and the UI at the time.

I honestly don't know what Marcin was thinking with that post :)
It seems fairly certain by now (though I might be proven wrong, we will see in 3 days) that the game looks different than those trailers. I do not even think it looks worse in many regards. Just different. Different colors, lightning, asset placement.
Saying "those trailers were made in extremely early version of the game and the final game looks different in some respects" should not be too controversial or difficult I think.
Anyway I appreciate the topic is still open.

Personally I find the game stunning even now, and absolutely cannot wait to delve into it. Even buying 970 instead of my 280X for it.

I would guess possibly that there aren't enough of you to really focus on those components. grain of salt and all but the most popular individual GPU in the latest steam survey is the nvidia gtx 760. followed by 660 and then 970. excluding the intel integrated ones. it would make sense to focus on pushing those particular cards and then perhaps provide options or extras for the more niche ones later on or as a bonus?

---------- Updated at 07:07 AM ----------

to be honest, I played W2 a while after it came out but before it was announced for xbox. after about 5 minutes of playing straight away it definitely felt to me like a console port or was going to be a console version at some stage, from the way geralt moved and played and the UI at the time.
To the first part whats the point of getting a nice card then if everyone goal is to make sure high settings are achieved with mediocre hardware ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you people really join these forums just to start sensless flamewars about the graphics? You guys must have a shitload of time in your hands.

Anyway, downgrade or not, this game looks stunningly beautiful (art design, atmosphere, living-breathing world and graphics included), and I'm going to enjoy it immensely. But if you people decide to go on complaining about the game's graphics and about your beloved principles, be my guests. I won't bother, since I will have a great time with the game instead of reading this load of ...

To the first part whats the point of getting a nice card then if everyone goal is to make sure high settings are achieved with mediocre hardware ?

A single GTX*980 for 1080p does not feel like mediocre hardware to me. If it does to you, feel free to get a Titan X and a 4K screen.

Until game is actually out I wouldn't make any assumptions....but honestly I am worried about the PC version.

A single GTX*980 for 1080p does not feel like mediocre hardware to me. If it does to you, feel free to get a Titan X and a 4K screen.
what i meant was consoles and anything less than a 770. I actually have a titan x but i have running 1080p 144hz g sync i prefer the higher frame rates over a little larger resolution. I bought the titan x for the witcher 3 but it appears it might be overkill for this game.

If this is not the case and the developers did decide to compromise between console and PC, I'm mildly disappointed, still very excited though.
It happens, cuts need to be made and sometimes the resources aren't there to do various versions of the game.
The real question I have is if CDProjektRed will use some of this funding from the Witcher 3 to make various graphical improvements for the PC in future updates.

I'm trying to hold off on all judgement and speculation until I actually get my hands on the game.
Do I feel any remorse for pre-ordering? Absolutely not, I know the Witcher 3 will be a fantastic game regardless of graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom