Is This The META of Exaggeration?

+
Is This The META of Exaggeration?

Considering what we see, what ppl. discuss/post/complain or give feedback and suggestions upon, is this the meta of exaggeration?

Because we see in a constant rate huge str units now. From Bronzes that reach 15 to 30 str, silvers too like Morkvarg, Golds like Tibor and so on. I think we have to think carefully what should be nerfed and what not. The more i realize that, only an exaggeration can beat another one. If one nerfs Tibor, how can you then counter the "ridiculousness" of other cards? If you nerf everything does that bring balance? I can't place it for sure but i do know more refining is needed. I still believe this meta is far more interesting and exciting than the previous one.

There's a thin line between nerfing and balancing, quite obscured and we have to kind of, tread lightly. I mean, i don't know the exact impact of what we, as players, have on the game when we complain about one thing over another. CDPR is checking the overall feedback in Forums/Reddit etc. and then, they also have data analytics and stats. When i come across something i can't beat or counter efficiently, i wonder if it was me or the game. Sometimes i think we are too egocentric to notice the fact that losing hurts our ego mostly, it's a subconscious mechanism that blurs our objectivity.

And objectivity is crucial for the overall gameplay experience of everyone, not just our own precious deck or Faction. I am having fun when there's interactivity by both sides on the board, when one answers to the other one, when matches are close and every time i loose i find myself learning so much more and that's the most valuable thing for me...losing for the shake of getting better. And there are these times were i find myself auto-forfeit. Rarely but, this meta brought some deck and cards that have no interaction on the board, pure "no-fun" decks but the rewards are to high to not play them i guess. I can't do it but i understand why it is done by some.

I mean, from my perspective, were i love NG, i don't think NG must be nerfed but all the other Factions should catch up to them. Perhaps i am wrong, as i said i don't know what the data analytics are showing but they also need more time for the data to be more precise and then they can move and basically nail it in the next patch.

Having said that, i urge people to keep on giving feedback and not just post, "Stop playing this or that". I hate Scoia Spell with just 3 units in the deck and i hate netdecking but you know what? Everything gives them data, so do everything and anything you think is good for you.

HF

Morkvarg rarely reach 20 unless your opponent don't know WTF he's doing. When I get him at 13 on round 2 whith my deck it's already quite lucky. Granted I don't have the Wild Boar of the Sea... But then we're talking of a setting of one gold + one silver to compete with one OP gold card (and even then it takes several turn to take effect while Tibor is an instant +25).

Now I saw 2 monsters decks running Kayran (twice in a row from two different players with the exact same deck... FUN)... I was glad to have Dimeritium shackles and Mardroem in my hand (I won twice, but it wasn't much fun beside seeing the second player not knowing what to do after I reseted his Kayran from 25 to a meager 7).

The probem with NG is that they have EVERYTHING. Even in a reveal deck, you can lock tons of enemy cards (because NG has the biggest lock capacity) and break his game with medics (that's why I have a bear in my Morkvarg deck... But still, it's just ONE bear) while being able to rotate your deck and see what the opponent has in his hand (and there is NO counter against reveal... Sure you can lock some of the siege weapons but that ain't the main feature of a reveal deck).

I would be fine with NG being jack of all trades if they were masters of none... But at the moment they are jacks of all trades and masters of all (beside weather and res, but these aren't difficult to counter).

Last edited:
Jotun35;n8748740 said:
Morkvarg rarely reach 20 unless your opponent don't know WTF he's doing. When I get him at 13 on round 2 whith my deck it's already quite lucky. Granted I don't have the Wild Boar of the Sea... But then we're talking of a setting of one gold + one silver to compete with one OP gold card (and even then it takes several turn to take effect while Tibor is an instant +25).

Now I saw 2 monsters decks running Kayran (twice in a row from two different players with the exact same deck... FUN)... I was glad to have Dimeritium shackles and Mardroem in my hand (I won twice, but it wasn't much fun beside seeing the second player not knowing what to do after I reseted his Kayran from 25 to a meager 7).

I am not trying to start a discussion about a specific card or Faction. I only share my thoughts and give my suggestions based on what i see on the Forums. My overall point is, perhaps we exaggerate on our "demands" about nerfing one over something else without seeing the repercussions it may have. More or less anything has a counter in the current meta, suffice to say this doesn't mean we have reached a 100% lvl of balance or that further refining is not needed. Quite the opposite.

If you ask me, now, i would say that eventually i actually came to the conclusion that playable Leaders are bad. Removed Faction passives good yes, but Leaders being playable now hinders unpredictability by...a lot! Some decks get boring by being that predictable, at the same time though they are amazingly efficiently because of that. Efficiency over unpredictability, hm, i would never trade those. The whole point for me is getting excited while playing, while the last moments come, while we are getting closer to the end neck to neck and there's almost no knowing what's to happen.

If there's something that should be nerfed or balanced or removed is the predictability factor 100% of the time for me, not just here and in CCG's but in gaming in general.

Leaders are just fine... as long as you don't play NG and can trigger your leader ability TWICE even if you've already used it by actually playing your leader (which is ridiculuous... when your leader is played and gone, he's gone, you should not be able to reactivate his power after that).

Actually most NR leaders aren't that good beside Henselt + Reavers. And yes Crach allows you to play Morkvarg reliably for example because it's the bread and butter of this type of deck (which can also be dependent on luck... I've lost a couple of times to weather decks because I couldn't get a Hunter on round 1 or 2, even by using Ermion).

The only faction that almost totally negates luck and can play their decks almost 100% reliabily is NG. So yeah... nerf NG hard on that part.

Jotun35;n8749270 said:
Leaders are just fine... as long as you don't play NG and can trigger your leader ability TWICE even if you've already used it by actually playing your leader (which is ridiculuous... when your leader is played and gone, he's gone, you should not be able to reactivate his power after that).

Actually most NR leaders aren't that good beside Henselt + Reavers. And yes Crach allows you to play Morkvarg reliably for example because it's the bread and butter of this type of deck (which can also be dependent on luck... I've lost a couple of times to weather decks because I couldn't get a Hunter on round 1 or 2, even by using Ermion).

The only faction that almost totally negates luck and can play their decks almost 100% reliabily is NG. So yeah... nerf NG hard on that part.

You're obviously on a crusade against NG, even though you play maybe the strongest faction atm, but to refute your points:

simply you are 100% wrong.

discard SK can easily play all their cards, hell, they can reliably call Dash 3 times. Spell SC can also play all their cards as well.

As for your previous point about Tibor: he is a 17 point play on average. Lugos is a 18 point play on average that ALSO thins that ALSO has 5 of those points as removal. Coral is reliably much higher than 17 points as well.

Perhaps i didn't make myself clear. I don't know how many actually read and understood what i wrote.. My point is not that one card or one Faction or one Leader may be stronger than the other one. I am seeing the trends on Forums and wereabouts about what people are concerned, on what they give feedback and what they post in general.

The main theme i see is people (including me) complaining about the one card or Faction and so on and i am wondering if i have spend enought time, enough matches in the game to have a more clear and precise and objective view of things before i eventually post feedback on something that bothers me.

Cause usually the trend of posting is about things one is bothered with. I notice in this meta most units can reach tremendous amounts of base str. Is it bad? It is just a question that can bring a discussion, nothing more.

I notice some archetypes being predictable because of how Leaders function and predictability kills excitment and longeivity, isn't it?

Do we care about our deck and Faction or do we care about the overall experience the game can give us. That's my question.

As i said, if one would ask me (and it's not that am anything more than the avg. intelligence out there) i would say the meta is better than the previous one. This exaggeration, if there is one, is counterable and makes the game overall somewhat more exciting than the previous meta. As long as everything has a counter. Consider we have 25 limit decks here, meaning extremely good consistency.

So i think it comes to that. Consistency. Every faction should have the tools to utilize this consistency. Ultimately this exaggeration is ok, at least.

25 decks means that predictability will occur more often too. Thought different archetypes can mitigate that, at the same time Leaders functionality also restrict it at a point imo. So i kind of conclude that even with Faction passives removed (which was a good thing), Leaders now are adding to the predictability.

My other point is that people rush into conclusion, they post something without even formulating a question. And the other thing i would like people to consider is how biased we all are, more or less, in favor of one Faction over the other. The sole purpose of this OBT should be for everyone to give feedback based on the overall experience, not just, "I am having fun with 90% win rate, why should i care for anything else?". Well, because the game will flourish only if we try to give objective opinions and if every Faction and archetype will have some sort of similar tools to counter different occasions.

tibor is op af and literally every faking NF is playing him, hell i played dwarves and he got me 12 str bronze and he is still 13 golden after that (if we reduce the power of bronze to his own stats) (like geralt with brave), everyone is playing "order" units in every faction that has access to them, surely balanced right? cheesing your way with buffed units in your deck and hand, while you cant do anything with them unlike impera brigade and resilient dwarves that has to be on board and can be countered and wtf is wrong with quen sign??? why you cant even fu*** buff your units on board with it, who the hell makes balance in this game? and dont even start me on weather

Guitarstudent;n8750210 said:
tibor is op af and literally every faking NF is playing him, hell i played dwarves and he got me 12 str bronze and he is still 13 golden after that (if we reduce the power of bronze to his own stats) (like geralt with brave), everyone is playing "order" units in every faction that has access to them, surely balanced right? cheesing your way with buffed units in your deck and hand, while you cant do anything with them unlike impera brigade and resilient dwarves that has to be on board and can be countered and wtf is wrong with quen sign??? why you cant even fu*** buff your units on board with it, who the hell makes balance in this game? and dont even start me on weather

To be fair, SK also have the pirate captain that can be buffed when you discard a card... But it's not nearly as strong as spotters and reveal. How many units cards will you discard max? 3 with Bran, 2 with Ermion, 2 with pirates... Maybe one with Svaringe (I'm not even talking about Udalryk which is totally useless giving your opponent a wooping 12 boost and giving very little in return). And that's pretty much it... That's +8 on a 4 power card, bring it to 12 (14 if you got a shieldsmith in your hand). That's very far from OP. Is it good? Sure. But it's not nearly as good as spotter + reveal because when you discard cards... Well... you won't bring all of them back, out of the 8 cards you discard, you can bring back 5 top using all your Freya + Siegfrida + decoy (ok... 7 if you have 2 queensguards in there and one in your hand) which is a huge investment... And that's if you don't get BS with Ermion like "Oh! What should I discard? A pirate or a Freya?". Comparatively, Voohris + Cahir gives you 6 reveals which require 0 set up and 0 rare cards.

Same thing with Hjalmar vs Tibor. One demands much more effort to set up and it can backfire much more easily than getting an instant +25 (IMO Hjalmar is weaker than Ciri: dash).

discard SK can easily play all their cards, hell, they can reliably call Dash 3 times. Spell SC can also play all their cards as well.

No they can't. I have dash (which is neutral btw, and so is royal decree... so, enjoy, you can put that in your OP NG deck too), I have a discard deck, I'm happy when I can bring back dash every round. It requires having it in your hand round 1 (luck), then bringing back round 2 with royal decree... And then luck again by drawing cards (and SK does not have so many cards allowing you to draw and one is really bad giving your opponent +12). Can you bring back dash reliably two rounds? Yes. Three? No. Why? Because SK does not have OP leader + possibility to replay the leader ability.

Also... bronze card to reveal at 7 strength? Really? You put two down and you're already better than dash round 2! Get out of here.

Again, the problem is not one mechanics. Leaders are fine, rotating your deck is fine, resurrection is fine, discard too, reveal also, control as well... The problem is one faction can do all of that and several of these in the same deck (and reveal which is specific to NG can't be countered). Even tibor isn't that bad since MO has Kayran.

Last edited:
Jotun35;n8750450 said:
To be fair, SK also have the pirate captain that can be buffed when you discard a card... But it's not nearly as strong as spotters and reveal. How many units cards will you discard max? 3 with Bran, 2 with Ermion, 2 with pirates... Maybe one with Svaringe (I'm not even talking about Udalryk which is totally useless giving your opponent a wooping 12 boost and giving very little in return). And that's pretty much it... That's +8 on a 4 power card, bring it to 12 (14 if you got a shieldsmith in your hand). That's very far from OP. Is it good? Sure. But it's not nearly as good as spotter + reveal because when you discard cards... Well... you won't bring all of them back, out of the 8 cards you discard, you can bring back 5 top using all your Freya + Siegfrida + decoy (ok... 7 if you have 2 queensguards in there and one in your hand) which is a huge investment... And that's if you don't get BS with Ermion like "Oh! What should I discard? A pirate or a Freya?".

Same thing with Hjalmar vs Tibor. One demands much more effort to set up and it can backfire much more easily than getting an instant +25.

No they can't. I have dash, I have a discard deck, I'm happy when I can bring back dash every round. It requires having it in your hand round 1 (luck), then bringing back round 2 with royal decree... And then luck again by drawing cards (and SK does not have so many cards allowing you to draw and one is really bad giving your opponent +12). Can you bring back dash reliably two rounds? Yes. Three? No. Why? Because SK does not have OP leader + possibility to replay the leader ability.

Also... bronze card to reveal at 7 strength? Really? You put two down and you're already better than dash round 2! Get out of here.

that's not how you play either dash or lugos...

a)with lugos you discard a raider, bringing him to the table and doing 5 damage on round 2, while bringing another 5 on the board, and you thin your deck, making him a 15 point play round 1, a 17 point play round 2 and a 19 point play round 3
b)with dash discard you discard her 100% of the time with Bran. You use ships and pirates for tempo for round 1, finish up with a 19point Ciri at the end alongside one or two pirate captains

p.s. /lol on Udalryk being "uselss" you understand how spies work right (probably not, on your comment on his 12 power, hint: power of spies is mostly irrelevant)? you understand that's one of the BEST spies atm due to basically thinning by 2 instead of 1 like the rest of them

as for how many cards you "discard" on a Dash deck:
3 with Bran, 2 from pirates, 1 from Lugos, 1 from svanrige, 1 from johnny, 2 from ermion, 1 from udalryk, that's a total of 11 discards, and an additional draw from udalryk, alongside roach and decree and 3 draws from turns brings you up to 27 cards "drawn" which is exactly 3 times discarding Dash, so that you'll bring her up as 19 power

and you should have a 15 and a 16 point captain, staggered through bran, so as to avoid scorch/igni

Last edited:
shroudb;n8750560 said:
that's not how you play either dash or lugos...

a)with lugos you discard a raider, bringing him to the table and doing 5 damage on round 2, while bringing another 5 on the board, and you thin your deck, making him a 15 point play round 1, a 17 point play round 2 and a 19 point play round 3
b)with dash discard you discard her 100% of the time with Bran. You use ships and pirates for tempo for round 1, finish up with a 19point Ciri at the end alongside one or two pirate captains

as for how many cards you "discard" on a Dash deck:
3 with Bran, 2 from pirates, 1 from Lugos, 1 from svanrige, 1 from johnny, 2 from ermion, 1 from udalryk, that's a total of 11 discards, and an additional draw from udalryk, alongside roach and decree and 3 draws from turns brings you up to 27 cards "drawn" which is exactly 3 times discarding Dash, so that you'll bring her up as 19 power

and you should have a 15 and a 16 point captain, staggered through bran, so as to avoid scorch/igni

Yup... Because demote and lock is out of the picture, right? That's a huge set up (involving most of your golds) for something that can very easily be countered versus "LOL +25 Tibor" (which can also be countered easily with shackles + Mardroeme but requires 0 setting up) or "LOL Keyran +25 (at the very least)" which require almost no set up at all. Basically: few risks, not much effort, big gains.
Don't get me wrong, I love SK for their big power sweeps that require planing ahead. What I hate is braindead cards that require not much thinking and are still extremely powerful (and before you ask: no, I've never lost to a Keyran or Tibor because I've planned my deck to be able to counter these).

shroudb;n8750560 said:
p.s. /lol on Udalryk being "uselss" you understand how spies work right (probably not, on your comment on his 12 power, hint: power of spies is mostly irrelevant)? you understand that's one of the BEST spies atm due to basically thinning by 2 instead of 1 like the rest of them

It is not irrelevant, power is never irrelevant. Plus Cantarella can also thin your deck by 2 (for +10 on the otherside of the board instead of 12)... On a faction that can already thin their deck a lot and giving only a +10 advantage to the opponent (and synergizing with tons of your units for buff and such if you play a spy deck). Again, NG is plain better.

Last edited:
Jotun35;n8751320 said:
Yup... Because demote and lock is out of the picture, right? That's a huge set up (involving most of your golds) for something that can very easily be countered versus "LOL +25 Tibor" (which can also be countered easily with shackles + Mardroeme but requires 0 setting up) or "LOL Keyran +25 (at the very least)" which require almost no set up at all. Basically: few risks, not much effort, big gains.

It is not irrelevant, power is never irrelevant. Plus Cantarella can also thin your deck by 2... On a faction that can already thin their deck a lot and giving only a +10 advantage to the opponent (and synergizing with tons of your units for buff and such if you play a spy deck). Again, NG is plain better.

demotes and locks are 100% irrelevant for dash, you'll only play her in last round, if they want to lose their shackles just to turn her silver then /shrug, that's still a 19point silver. unless you mean shackles+scorch, which again, is 2 of their cards for 1 of yours, if they scorch her they cant scorch your 16point bronze

and:
cantarella thins by ONE (she puts the other card back into the deck, not discard)
and points are irrelevant: you'll either play a spy to lower your tempo when you're too far ahead either way, or you'll play a spy on a round you'll lose either way.

also: Dash is not "the win condition" of a discard de3ck. Dash is the security that you wont discard stuff of value, and she is the cherry on the top of ships and captains. I was playing dash discard with way worse cards in CB, trust me when i tell you that when piloted correctly it's a very strong deck with all the buffs it got.

shroudb;n8751530 said:
demotes and locks are 100% irrelevant for dash, you'll only play her in last round, if they want to lose their shackles just to turn her silver then /shrug, that's still a 19point silver. unless you mean shackles+scorch, which again, is 2 of their cards for 1 of yours, if they scorch her they cant scorch your 16point bronze

and:
cantarella thins by ONE (she puts the other card back into the deck, not discard)
and points are irrelevant: you'll either play a spy to lower your tempo when you're too far ahead either way, or you'll play a spy on a round you'll lose either way.

also: Dash is not "the win condition" of a discard de3ck. Dash is the security that you wont discard stuff of value, and she is the cherry on the top of ships and captains. I was playing dash discard with way worse cards in CB, trust me when i tell you that when piloted correctly it's a very strong deck with all the buffs it got.

I am not saying it isn't strong (hell, I could already win a first round just with war long ships raining hell upon the opponent on casual low level). But what you are doing is buffing units, doing some direct damages here and there and bringing some back for winning the last round.
Reveal does the same (minus resurrection, true) but on top of that you know exactly how your opponent will play because you know his hand and you're still dealing direct damage, and you can easily carry strong units from one round to another. I mean, WTF? How is that balanced? It's like as SK you've got 75% of the tools while NG has the extra 25% on top. I'm not hating the fact that reveal is specific to NG, that's ok (just like freya are specific to SK), what bothers me is that reveal deck can do too many things very well with little to no counters. And what about Serrit? As stated above: shackles + scorch + serrit: you've lost Ciri and one of your captain, which hurts like hell (I don't think you could come back from that actually). And that's not counting Auckes (that can basically lock your entire board with decoy) or Peter that are both Clever and Mardroeme on steroids respectively. And these are good in pretty much any NG deck while most SK silver are good for very specific compositions (except Gremist and Siegfrida that are always good).

Last edited:
I think what shifted the meta quite much is the fact that CA is not as relevant as it used to be anymore. It even goes to such an extent that people try to 2-0 rush in games most of the times even though they have like 2-3 cards less. And sometimes they even succeed with that...
This only results in a meta where decks are strong that play really fast in round 1 and try to win that round with as few cards as possible and punishes decks that need much setup :(
Also I think the change to weather is interesting but I dont think it really works if its only onesided. I wish they would have changed the interaction of weather only and left the weatherimmunity thing in there instead of changing both things at once.

Jotun35;n8752130 said:
I am not saying it isn't strong (hell, I could already win a first round just with war long ships raining hell upon the opponent on casual low level). But what you are doing is buffing units, doing some direct damages here and there and bringing some back for winning the last round.
Reveal does the same (minus resurrection, true) but on top of that you know exactly how your opponent will play because you know his hand and you're still dealing direct damage, and you can easily carry strong units from one round to another. I mean, WTF? How is that balanced? It's like as SK you've got 75% of the tools while NG has the extra 25% on top. I'm not hating the fact that reveal is specific to NG, that's ok (just like freya are specific to SK), what bothers me is that reveal deck can do too many things very well with little to no counters.

not really. While there are 3 similar archetypes: reveal/mulligan/discard, each has it's own unique strength:
reveal lets you know what opponent is playing, at the disadvantage of usually showing what you have on hand as well
mulligan let's you pick exact cards you need, but that's minor, and is the reason why mulligan is the worst out of the three
discard is the most consistent, thinning your deck enough to actually pull it off every time

the thing is, with reveal, as opposed to discard, it's thinning potential isn't as high as, say spy NG, in fact it's far worse due to almost none of the reveal cards having any inherent thinning apart from the foot soldiers, while most of discard list is based on thinning your deck.

you can easily thin the raiders and the captains and the pirates on round 1/2, leaving you only with a buffed Dash and some freyas for captains for round 3. Reveal can't do that easily

shroudb;n8752740 said:
not really. While there are 3 similar archetypes: reveal/mulligan/discard, each has it's own unique strength:
reveal lets you know what opponent is playing, at the disadvantage of usually showing what you have on hand as well

Which isn't nearly a big drawback because you actually want to reveal some of these cards for them to trigger their effect.

shroudb;n8752740 said:
discard is the most consistent, thinning your deck enough to actually pull it off every time

... At the cost of getting only some massive cards to get enough power to win, which are then very prone to reset (captain), scorch and so one (you can mitigate it, sure, just like you can mitigate the effect of scorch on Queensguards by having them with different power numbers).

shroudb;n8752740 said:
the thing is, with reveal, as opposed to discard, it's thinning potential isn't as high as, say spy NG, in fact it's far worse due to almost none of the reveal cards having any inherent thinning apart from the foot soldiers, while most of discard list is based on thinning your deck.

Yeah sure, how could you beat the Vicovacro novice chain of boredom (surprise surprise, another "broken combo" for NG)? Although spy decks aren't too much of a problem if you get rid of the emissaries rapidly. But between thinning and a bit of mulligan, plus having extremely solid units (7 power unit which reveals... 7... Put two on the board and you're almost on par with round 2 Queensguard), it's not like not rotating your entire reveal deck is that penalizing... And that is exactly my point! You really do not have to rotate your deck that much to get easy victories with reveal.

Last edited:
So we got a new cancer tactic in town, following this exaggeration meta theme?

Opp playing Eithné, spamming ONLY weather effects and a couple special cards in round 1 and 2 (at the start of round 3 i had NOT A SINGLE unit to ress from him graveyard) and then in last round go for 3x 20+ boosted DB Protectors? Very very nice.

Still managed to win though, with an amazing Fire elemental + Bekker's combo.

el_Bosco;n8755010 said:
So we got a new cancer tactic in town, following this exaggeration meta theme?

Opp playing Eithné, spamming ONLY weather effects and a couple special cards in round 1 and 2 (at the start of round 3 i had NOT A SINGLE unit to ress from him graveyard) and then in last round go for 3x 20+ boosted DB Protectors? Very very nice.

Still managed to win though, with an amazing Fire elemental + Bekker's combo.

Isn't that easily countered with hunters for SK and armored units for NR (not sure about NG right off the bat but I'm sure there is an easy way)?

No,

this is the metta of 90% of the times NG vs NG which go all in first round and whoever gets that probably wins the game.

"fun".

Jotun35;n8754880 said:
Which isn't nearly a big drawback because you actually want to reveal some of these cards for them to trigger their effect.

... At the cost of getting only some massive cards to get enough power to win, which are then very prone to reset (captain), scorch and so one (you can mitigate it, sure, just like you can mitigate the effect of scorch on Queensguards by having them with different power numbers).

Yeah sure, how could you beat the Vicovacro novice chain of boredom (surprise surprise, another "broken combo" for NG)? Although spy decks aren't too much of a problem if you get rid of the emissaries rapidly. But between thinning and a bit of mulligan, plus having extremely solid units (7 power unit which reveals... 7... Put two on the board and you're almost on par with round 2 Queensguard), it's not like not rotating your entire reveal deck is that penalizing... And that is exactly my point! You really do not have to rotate your deck that much to get easy victories with reveal.

You keep confusing reveal with spy NG.

news flash: in order to play the reveal bronzes you can't also play most of their thinning bronzes. Hell most reveal decks don't run a single medic and run 0 novices and emisseries as well.

that's like saying discard SK is strong because it has 25 power archers and 20 power morkvargs and etc.

you can't pit all the cards of a faction as you please just to make a point.

the simple truth is:
Non-qg discard and reveal rely on their buffed respective units like spotters and captains, which are both susceptible to the same removals.
Discard has WAY HIGHER consistency compared to reveal. Exactly because it's too easy to overdraw with discard is why you run Dash, it's an overdraw protection that acts as a finisher as well

QG discard plays a lot different than non QG discard. No reason to put dash there, but very easy to have 1 card bringing 40+ power on round 3

didn't used QG discard as a parallel to reveal because all the things that make discard similar to reveal (ships/mangonels, spotters/captains, etc) are simply not run in QG

Top Bottom