Is this true?

+
No you don't get what I said. 50% of 1% is 0.5%.
Nope, 50% still 50%. Sound weird to take % of a % (why do that).
On 100 players, 50% less crashes is 50.
On 1000 players, 50% less crashes is 500.
So yes, the results are different.
But the game remains twice as stable regardless of the starting number (number of players) whatever if there are 1 billion of players or only ten, the number of crashes are divided by two between December and May :)

In short, whatever the number on the Y axis, the graphics will still the exact same.

Little example for illustrate that (sorry, it's my own creation)
Graph1.png
Graph2.png

Imagine it's my cigarette consumption per month (I know, it's bad...)
So whatever if you have the Y axis value, my consumption have divided by two between January and Jully. If it was 0-100 or 0-1000, it don't change the fact that I smoke half less.

Last edited:
But the game remains twice as stable regardless of the starting number (number of players) whatever if there are 1 billion of players or only ten, the number of crashes are divided by two between December and May :)

In short, whatever the number on the Y axis, the graphics will still the exact same.

Little example for illustrate that (sorry, it's my own creation)
View attachment 11242300 View attachment 11242303
Imagine it's my cigarette consumption per month (I know, it's bad...)
So whatever if you have the Y axis value, my consumption have divided by two between January and Jully. If it was 0-100 or 0-1000, it don't change the fact that I smoke half less.
XD loved the cigarette graph

While that is true and great, 50% less crashes isent really great. The thing i get hungup on is the lack of any info in that graph, they could have just said we have halved the crashes and we will keep working on it. A graph without any info really on it is what i would call it. Im guessing they dident wanna show any numbers at all since it wasent that good news really. just like the pro dodge question that happends a bit later when one investor asks about sales and profit.

From reddit:

Whether or not some PR guy says it's true or not do *you* believe it to be true?
How could this be in doubt? The CEO himself said they saw "no problems", even though we know that's not true and they refused to give out review keys for last gen... and they denied review footage capture before release of even the PC version, which has been continually downgraded since release... and they flew out youtubers for getaways and early access, then they made statements on performance patches and free DLC and the next gen update - that is all. It is done. This is the game we got. Try to find enjoyment in what we got or move on. We're not getting the game we were "sold".

From reddit:

Whether or not some PR guy says it's true or not do *you* believe it to be true?

No, I don't believe it. As people in game industry know, games are never truly finished.

The only one who would make such a claim would be investors, financial people, people who consider the game an investment rather than a game. A developer would not say such a thing.

Oh yes, 50% of 1% is not really 50% o_O
You can try it in any way you want, Cyberpunk is twice as stable in May as it is in December and whatever the Y Axis ;)
WOW, such a good result! Kudos!

Post automatically merged:

No, I don't believe it. As people in game industry know, games are never truly finished.

The only one who would make such a claim would be investors, financial people, people who consider the game an investment rather than a game. A developer would not say such a thing.
A game nowadays is finished when Devs stop releasing patches.

But patches not necessarily mean anything more than small adjustments. It may happen, but more often than not, they're just minimum things compared to a the day one version. Not talking about GAAS, ofc.

Last edited:

You are basing what you are saying on the assumption that the Y axis shows number of players. If that is the case, then yes, you would be correct.

But since we do not know what the Y axis actually shows, then you may also be incorrect. For all we know, the Y axis could be inverted (unlikely).

Example based upon you numbers;
If the Y axis does not start at 0 and actually starts at 50 and ranges to 100, then a 50% decrease in crashes is not 50 (players), its 25.

The very fact that we have no scale on what the Y axis actually shows means that we do not know if that actually is a 50% improvement in stability.

We don't know if the Y axis depicts;
  • rate of crashes per hour
  • rate of crashes per play session
  • rate of crashes per player
  • rate of player count depletion linked to crashes
  • crashes on specific platforms (Steam, or GoG, or PS4 ect)
  • crashes on all platforms
  • time between crashes
  • rate of crashes that were manually reported
  • rate of crashes that the data was automatically collected
  • ect ect
There is little reason to not show the Y axis information, so it is strange that it was hidden/not revealed.

You are basing what you are saying on the assumption that the Y axis shows number of players. If that is the case, then yes, you would be correct.

But since we do not know what the Y axis actually shows, then you may also be incorrect. For all we know, the Y axis could be inverted (unlikely).

Example based upon you numbers;
If the Y axis does not start at 0 and actually starts at 50 and ranges to 100, then a 50% decrease in crashes is not 50 (players), its 25.

The very fact that we have no scale on what the Y axis actually shows means that we do not know if that actually is a 50% improvement in stability.

We don't know if the Y axis depicts;
  • rate of crashes per hour
  • rate of crashes per play session
  • rate of crashes per player
  • rate of player count depletion linked to crashes
  • crashes on specific platforms (Steam, or GoG, or PS4 ect)
  • crashes on all platforms
  • time between crashes
  • rate of crashes that were manually reported
  • rate of crashes that the data was automatically collected
  • ect ect
There is little reason to not show the Y axis information, so it is strange that it was hidden/not revealed.
The big difference is :
- You assume that CDPR has a good reason for not showing the Y axis value, and wants to hide something.
- I assume that it is unnecessary because the graph just shows the number of crashes.

For me, it's exactly like "67% of the players have chose Panam". So which platform ? Which stats ? How many players in total ?
For me it's useless, it's still 67% of players (like 3% have finished KCD on XBox, I don't know on how many players, it's still 3%).

In any case, what is certain is that it does not concern the game on Serie X, because since 1.2 I have had no crashes at all. So the graph would be flat (at 0) since April. (I'd be surprised if it was different for other Serie X players, we all have the same console and the same game).

But if you find it weird, as you wish ;)

Last edited:
- I assume that it is unnecessary because the graph just shows the number of crashes.

But why should we need to assume anything? If there is no issue with the data, then it should be shown.

And as we all know;
"Never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS of U and ME." - Jerry Belson

The only take away from the that graph, the 4 facts we do know is;
  • The graphs name (Cyberpunk 2077 Stability Improvement)
  • The line represents "Crash rate"
  • The "crash rate" is shown over 5 months
  • The "crash rate" went down by an unknown quantity/amount
And since there is only half of a graph, the term "crash rate" doesn't mean much either since we can't track it against the Y axis. What is the rate of these crashes measured in anyway? Hours, days, players, time it take to reboot the game ect?

Half of a graph only shows half of the data and little information.

But why should we need to assume anything? If there is no issue with the data, then it should be shown.

And as we all know;
"Never ASSUME, because when you ASSUME, you make an ASS of U and ME." - Jerry Belson

The only take away from the that graph, the 4 facts we do know is;
  • The graphs name (Cyberpunk 2077 Stability Improvement)
  • The line represents "Crash rate"
  • The "crash rate" is shown over 5 months
  • The "crash rate" went down by an unknown quantity/amount
And since there is only half of a graph, the term "crash rate" doesn't mean much either since we can't track it against the Y axis. What is the rate of these crashes measured in anyway? Hours, days, players, time it take to reboot the game ect?

Half of a graph only shows half of the data and little information.

Which is a graph from the investment meeting we have the transcript for that is just there to reassure investors that the crash rate has dropped dramatically and progress has been made.

For myself if not close to what was promised by end of the year. This will be the last time I buy from CDPR..

Which is a graph from the investment meeting we have the transcript for that is just there to reassure investors that the crash rate has dropped dramatically and progress has been made.
Investors who certainly had a lot more details than this simple graph :)
Maybe because this graph was not intended for players... And if you want to assume other things than "the crashes are greatly reduced", as you wish.
You could always ask to CDPR for more details, but I don't know if they will answer you.

Maybe because this graph was not intended for players... And if you want to assume other things than "the crashes are greatly reduced", as you wish.
You could always ask to CDPR for more details, but I don't know if they will answer you.
Not really, i linked the transcript of the meeting earlier in this thread.

"On slide number 4 you can see how our efforts improved Cyberpunk stability. The crash rate is getting lower and lower with each update. Please bear in mind that it's somewhat natural for each new update to cause some extra short-term boost in statistics which is strictly related to the process of downloading and installing the update itself. That’s why the chart shows local peaks around the time of releases. But overall, we can definitely observe a downward trend here."

i kinda dont get how downloading a update can increase the crashrate for it too fall off again, but im not a software engeneer so..

As the person above has shown from the transcript, the investors have been told what we've been shown .. pretty much nothing extra.

All we know is that "it goes down", that's it. No-one can say that its gone down by X amount since we cannot measure it against the Y axis .. since the Y axis isn't shown, and that's the issue.

I'm not assuming anything at all, I'm only stating that the graph might show a massive improvement, or next to nothing, we just don't know based upon that graph.

One thing I will agree with you on is that CDPR most likely would not answer a call for more info since if they wont provide it to thier investors, I doubt they'd provide it to some random player :LOL:

i kinda dont get how downloading a update can increase the crashrate for it too fall off again, but im not a software engeneer so..
I admit that I don't really know either (I would tend to think, update> more players> more crashes) :(
In any case, the graph is just there to show "a trend" (a decrease) and not to provide exact numbers which in my opinion, are anyway rather difficult to obtain (the total of players decreases every weeks/months with peaks when updates are released and none have exactly the same material... High-end PC have certainly less crashes than those just powerfull enough for run the game)

High-end PC have certainly less crashes than those just powerfull enough for run the game)
Im not so sure about that tbh. Sometimes i feel i crash much more then everybody else and allways with weird crash messages about acces violation and so on. But then i reformanted my pc and reinstalled CP2077 and now it runs ok. could have been some shit with windows or corrupted save or something i guess but like i said. this games preformance is pretty shit if you wanna max settings -.-

Last edited:
Top Bottom