Is this true?

+
If I recall correctly all Mike radio is non-canon from tabletop that was decided to put as conspiracy theories for flavour. There are direct references to "cybergenerations" that branched from cp2020 line and is considered a separate universe.
its cannon rumors. Many have elements of truth, or represent a certain groups take on events. Like the trauma team stuff is more editorial than conspiracy, for example
Post automatically merged:

The game has actually the idea that cyberpsychosis doesn't exist. Which pretty much shoots this in the foot. Mind you, for decades, the tabletop RPG has gotten shit from veteran players who think its abelist that people who are partially machine are "less human." Mike Pondsmith agreed and changed it for RED.
Post automatically merged:

For all of C2077's flaws, it utterly blows away Mankind Divided that is even WORSE at having no closure and a climax that feels like it is 2/3rds of the game.
they still contend that willingly upgrading large amounts of your body to inhuman levels is linked to dissociation

8 months is a long time to release nothing but 3 relatively minor patches. Seriously, wth is going on with this game?

8 months is a long time to release nothing but 3 relatively minor patches. Seriously, wth is going on with this game?

they have now reached the point the wanted to be 3 months after release.

this is basically what one can expect when delays happen. everything gets pushed back.

personally, I think cdprojekt needs to work on being faster,,more agile, an adaptable. Especially if they want to add online elements to games. Their current project style is not conducive to running live services.

It needed another two years of development, now the game is out, they will never put the effort in to make major improvments, only bug fixes probably, or dlc with more clothes and guns etc

Probably the most obvious - they have no news to share. They're working on things, but have nothing to show or say at the moment.

From reddit:

Whether or not some PR guy says it's true or not do *you* believe it to be true?
I don't think so, first of all because it would be an extremely waste of an IP. Sure CP has massive issues, but still doesn't change that the concept and the world and opportunities here are insane.

Surely the hype have died down a bit and I think people are much more careful about what to expect in the future. Given the state of the game most of the stuff they have released are bug fixes and minor adjustments and to me that is not going to cut it. Most people, I think are not going to be overly excited getting back into the game, if new content consist of you being able to change the color of your car or adding a few extra customizations to you apartment.

But if they manage to release something that really overhaul or boost the game experience, I think most people would revisit the game. But if what this guy is saying is true, then I think the current CP is close to being done for, at least for a lot of people. And its probably better to wait for an expansion or CP 2, and hope that these lives up to expectations.

Also it would hurt CDPR creditability should they leave it like this, in my opinion.

I don't think so, first of all because it would be an extremely waste of an IP. Sure CP has massive issues, but still doesn't change that the concept and the world and opportunities here are insane.

Surely the hype have died down a bit and I think people are much more careful about what to expect in the future. Given the state of the game most of the stuff they have released are bug fixes and minor adjustments and to me that is not going to cut it. Most people, I think are not going to be overly excited getting back into the game, if new content consist of you being able to change the color of your car or adding a few extra customizations to you apartment.

But if they manage to release something that really overhaul or boost the game experience, I think most people would revisit the game. But if what this guy is saying is true, then I think the current CP is close to being done for, at least for a lot of people. And its probably better to wait for an expansion or CP 2, and hope that these lives up to expectations.

Also it would hurt CDPR creditability should they leave it like this, in my opinion.
It will be interesting to see if they release another breakdown of how their staff are deployed at the next investor briefing, this should give some indication of how hard they are still working on improving cp2077 or whether the focus has shifted to expansion or new projects.

I agree that "finishing" cp2077 would work wonders for their credibility, especially as their stated aim is to develop both witcher and cyberpunk as their two brands. They've got to do something to remove the taint from cyberpunk if they are to succeed IMHO

Edit-typos

It will be interesting to see if they release another breakdown of how their staff are deployed at the next investor briefing, this should give some indication of how hard they are still working on improving cp2077 or whether the focus has shifted to expansion or new projects.

I agree that "finishing" cp2077 would work wonders for their credibility, especially as their stated aim is to develop both witcher and cyberpunk as their two brands. They've got to do something to remove the taint from cyberpunk if they are to succeed IMHO

Edit-typos
Honestly I don't think they can ever remove it, its "burned" into their name as of now, just like Fallout 76 is with Bethesda or Fifa with EA. But obviously that doesn't mean that they still can't make very good games and people will like and buy them. But I do think that a lot of people will be very skeptical about anything they claim/promise in the future as a result of this.

I simply think that if they don't deliver on CP, it will just be much worse than it has to be, but also if we are to trust anything they have to say, they still aim towards being one of the best studios out there. And hopefully they truly mean that and will eventually live up to it, at least I hope so, I think this release were extremely dodgy and probably among the worse in gaming history.

But I still wish them the best of luck and hope they figure things out, so they can make some more good games. :)

To address the OP.

"Yes, of course the game is complete."

I don't expect them to add that many new adventures, equipment, rules or more. I expected them to massively improve the performance and things like driving or the police (which they have) but not treat the game like a live service game. I have way too much respect for CDPR that they would essentially release the game incomplete.

No, sadly, they released it BROKEN but not INCOMPLETE.

Top Bottom