Is Triss Merigold a viable option for Geralt? (Spoilers)

+

• I think Triss IS NOT a viable option for Geralt.

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • I think Triss IS a viable option for Geralt.

Votes: 39 57.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I've seen a lot of Triss vs Yen discussions which were only about player choice, though I'd like to know what do you think GERALT would choose. We know YOU can choose Triss as a romance for Geralt, but would HE do it too? Since this is Geralt at the end of his whole journey, by that I mean books AND games, please take in mind you HAVE to consider the events from the games too.

UPDATE1: This poll is NOT made to create another argument which of the two women would Geralt choose. It is only to create discussion if Triss is a real option for him. Thank you.

UPDATE2: And please take in mind that this decision is placed in the Witcher 3, that means you can not use what happened only in the books. You need to take in mind all the events from the games as well.

UPDATE3: I intended this as a special/interesting discussion-starting poll. Though many people ignore what I said up here and immediately began arguing about Triss vs Yennefer. All I wanted to say, this thread was NOT intended for that.

Last edited:
if he is the same Geralt from the books then he will pick Yennefer no question.

I'll still always pick Triss tho :p

*Edit* In the games his amnesia (CDPR) have changed him, he is clearly not as obsessed with Yennefer in the games as he was in the books, making it a valid choice in respects to the games. And I definitely like they removed some of Geralts annoying traits, including his obsession.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of Triss vs Yen discussions which were only about player choice, though I'd like to know what do you think GERALT would choose. We know YOU can choose Triss as a romance for Geralt, but would HE do it too?

According to the books, NO.

I think so. He did recover his memory fully but that doesn't mean he forgot the past 2 games and what happened between him and Triss. Naturally there is always gonna be something there with Yen too. But he could definitely be with Triss imo

Well..I don't think that what happened between him and Triss in the games could ever surpass Geralt's love for Yennefer. That sh*it was way too strong IMO. So..Geralt (books+games,with memories) would go with Yen.

But the Witcher 3 is not canon as well, how can you say you can ignore the first two games and then take the third one seriously?

Geralt's truest choice is dictated by what Sapkowski deems canon. The games are not canon. Thus Triss is not a viable choice.

While the games are nice, if we're to consider the true option, we need to realise that in the end they're just glorified fan fiction.

I think it is viable for Geralt as a character to choose Triss, considering what happened in the first two games.

Though if we're considering books as canon and not the games, I'm guessing not so viable though I've got no idea - I haven't read them (yet)

Last edited:
I think I have a problem with OP's question tbh :p Because...what do you mean with "Geralt"? Book Geralt? If yes then there's no need to ask because book Geralt would always choose Yen..and he did. You have an evidence in the text. But as soon you start playing Witcher games...there's no 'book' Geralt anymore, at least not 100%, no matter how hard you try to keep with the lore. It will always be partially player's Geralt. So to this Geralt, theoritically any option is viable.

I think I have a problem with OP's question tbh :p Because...what do you mean with "Geralt"? Book Geralt? If yes then there's no need to ask because book Geralt would always choose Yen..and he did. You have an evidence in the text. But as soon you start playing Witcher games...there's no 'book' Geralt anymore, at least not 100%, no matter how hard you try to keep with the lore. It will always be partially player's Geralt. So to this Geralt, theoritically any option is viable.

I just went with what is the absolute truth - book Geralt. It only makes sense, imo.

It's simple.

With Triss in Novigrad, Geralt saves mages.

With Yennefer Geralt tries to save Ciri

Help mages in Novigrad is a good thing but who is the most important for Geralt ?

Cirilla of course. So think carefully well about it.

Nothing to say more.

I updated it, you need to take in mind all events from the games. :p

It's simple.

With Triss in Novigrad, Geralt saves mages.

With Yennefer Geralt tries to save Ciri

Help mages in Novigrad is a good thing but who is the most important for Geralt ?

Cirilla of course. So think carefully well about it.

Nothing to say more.

I'm not sure I see what you mean, how does this affect how viable Triss is for a relationship with Geralt?

Triss is lovely, but I think she doesn't fit Geralt, she is not the woman he needs.
While of course games are games, books are books - the saga still serves as a canvas and a base for the games.

Him staying with Triss would be too big of a turn from his attitude to her in the books. The ending to that story would be Triss waking up alone one morning with a bouquet of flowers and letter nearby.

Ok so let's do it this way...when I imagine that the games ARE canon and were actually written by Sapkowski or he wrote another book with the same events that take place in the games. SO. When I think of it this way...no, I still don't think 'this' Geralt would choose Triss. The emotional connection between Triss&Geralt is not even comparable to the connection he has with Yennefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom