Is TW3 getting downgraded for the sake of consoles?

+

Is TW3 getting downgraded for the sake of consoles?

• Yes

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Don't really care. It's for the developer to decide.

Votes: 29 32.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drama queen. I guess you sit all day long in front of your monster PC wondering why you don't have any games to play... :ball:

Both Watch_Dogs and Witcher 3 are real multiplatform games. Watch_Dogs was totally ok on PC and Witcher 3 will be the same.

Looking at his rig I bet he has a blast playing whatever he choices.

It makes the game worse FOR ME. It's a downgrade FOR ME. If CDPR wants to make a game for controllers it's totally up to them. That doesn't mean I have to like it. That doesn't mean I have to support it. And making a game for controllers is always limiting its possibilities. That's just the nature of things.

It's not that hard to understand, really.

And please don't call other people "stubborn" just because they don't share your gaming tastes. I hate playing 3D games with a controller but not because I'm stubborn but because it's not fun to me.[/QUOTE

You are one contradicting individual................

Watch_Dogs was totally ok on PC and Witcher 3 will be the same.
Well I sure hope that TW3 will not be the same level of "ok" than WD was. You know, needing a mod to enable graphical features the devs weren't bothered to add to the port and making the game look and run better and at the same time finding out demeaning comments regarding PC gaming/gamers..

But CDPR is one of the very few devs that I can rest assured that they won't pull shit like that with their fans.

Well I sure hope that TW3 will not be the same level of "ok" than WD was..

I agree. Watch Dogs was okay on PC, absolutely. I hope Witcher 3 will be splendid and amazing - and I'm sure it will.

On a related note: this thread is a flame-magnet. People might want to remember a few things to avoid Gregski, Dragon, or god-forbid, Guy himself attending to you:

No personal attacks. Even if you're buddies with the person, (not seeing a lot of that here), in a thread like this it will be taken poorly.

No references to a person's habits, hairstyle or tastes, good or bad.

Staying to the thread TOPIC - it's a Witcher 3 forum so talk about Witcher 3, not PC gaming vs console gaming.

Avoid swearing. You might only want to emphasize your point, and I like me some swearing, but in a charged thread like this, it will probably worsen matters.

Keep in mind REDs are not fools - they don't actually need a point rammed into their faces ninety-eight times before they get it. They might choose to use a game feature anyway, but the community has made most of our points about PC pretty clear. Check RED interviews about development decisions before you decide you really need to help them make some more.

If you're emotionally engaged before or as you post whatever you are about to post - don't. Step back, take a breath, go watch Red vs Blue or something. Come back in ten minutes or an hour and post then.

Try to remember - it's really unlikely you are going to convince the person opposing you in the argument you just vehemently launched. And if you aren't going to convince them, who are you trying to convince? Invisible REDs? Invisible supporters? Yourself, some more? If you're at the point where you and someone else aren't budging in your position, stop shoving and move on.

If I don't do any of the above, or do do any of the above, it's not because I am a hypocrite, it's because I am so damn beautiful I feel I can defy reality. If, you, too, feel that you are that beautiful, simply tell us how beautiful you are. We'll believe you! And it will be more fun than reading the same argument again.

(My nose, for example, resembles the leaning tower of Pisa. Which is a classic, by any judgement.)

I agree. Watch Dogs was okay on PC, absolutely. I hope Witcher 3 will be splendid and amazing - and I'm sure it will.

On a related note: this thread is a flame-magnet. People might want to remember a few things to avoid Gregski, Dragon, or god-forbid, Guy himself attending to you:

No personal attacks. Even if you're buddies with the person, (not seeing a lot of that here), in a thread like this it will be taken poorly.

Staying to the thread TOPIC - it's a Witcher 3 forum so talk about Witcher 3, not PC gaming vs console gaming.

Avoid swearing. You might only want to emphasize your point, and I like me some swearing, but in a charged thread like this, it will probably worsen matters.

Keep in mind REDs are not fools - they don't actually need a point rammed into their faces ninety-eight times before they get it. They might choose to use a game feature anyway, but the community has made most of our points about PC pretty clear. Check RED interviews about development decisions before you decide you really need to help them make some more.

If you're emotionally engaged before or as you post whatever you are about to post - don't. Step back, take a breath, go watch Red vs Blue or something. Come back in ten minutes or an hour and post then.

Try to remember - it's really unlikely you are going to convince the person opposing you in the argument you just vehemently launched. And if you aren't going to convince them, who are you trying to convince? Invisible REDs? Invisible supporters? Yourself, some more? If you're at the point where you and someone else aren't budging in your position, stop shoving and move on.

If I don't do any of the above, or do do any of the above, it's not because I am a hypocrite, it's because I am so damn beautiful I feel I can defy reality. If, you, too, feel that you are that beautiful, simply tell us how beautiful you are. We'll believe you! And it will be more fun than reading the same argument again.

(My nose, for example, resembles the leaning tower of Pisa. Which is a classic, by any judgement.)

Yes... I AM Beautiful.;)

I feel like I'm repeating myself. What does this discussion or topic have to do with "better games?" Good games are not necessarily innovative, and innovative games may not necessarily be good.. They are completely distinct metrics..

It has everything to do with my initial posts in this thread. I was debating with somebody the pro's and con's of consoles, included exclusives as a pro and you butted in and side tracked the whole conversation and began talking about innovation and shit. Go back a few pages dude.

You're wrong, it's not a fact. Enjoyment of games is completely subjective first off so discussions about what is factual in that regard is nonsensical. I own a PS3 BTW, and the only game I ever bought for it was UC2 and I never even finished it because it was so boring, scripted and linear.. If console games being so much better than PC games is a FACT as you claim, then why is PC gaming so popular?

Cool story. The fact is Last of Us is the most critically acclaimed game period. That is a statistic, it is anything but an opinion. Another statistic is the passed few years console games have been dominating in terms of awards and game of the year. That is another fact, not a statistic. Reread my previous post, I said that due to the subjective nature of the matter I will refer to statistics to prove my point. I couldn't care less on how you felt about a game because regardless of what you think, your opinion is in the minority and the majority of gamers (that played it) loved the game. Henche why it is on it's 4th entry, hence why each of the games gets constant 10/10 ratings by media outlets and hence why the game has a huge fan base. So again, cool story you are entitled to your opinion, I respect it but I disagree with the whole "statistics aren't fact" attitude projected in your posts.

You're doing a really good job of contradicting yourself here..

It is only contradictory due to you picking and choosing what lines to quote me. I have stated time and time again that "Due to the subjective nature of games I will REFER TO STATISTICS SUCH AS CRITICAL, COMMERCIAL SUCCESS ASWELL AS GAME OF THE YEAR AWARDS AND OTHER AWARDS"

Hopefully now you get it. Not that I have any doubt that you don't already know what I mean considering you have already tried to twist and manipulate my posts to make me sound hypocritical and contradictory. Like I said before. Not cool dude.

It doesn't matter to you, but it matters to me and a lot of other gamers who are tired of the same crap being regurgitated over and over by developers..

Wow. Listen man you butted into my conversation, now you are making the topic revolve around you. The intial posts and comments I made were simply 'pros and con's of console gaming (as well as PC gaming), any sort of implications that derive from the pro's of console gaming do not concern me. Want a quick fix? Get a console, otherwise do not try to pass your beliefs onto me because frankly I do not care, due to it not being part of the initial discussion that I repeat. You butted into.

This is something you made up in your own mind. From the start, I said that a good game is a good game regardless of whether it's innovative or not..

Ok, so what are you trying to prove with your 'innovative' remark? If it is not the fact that 'innovative games' = 'better games' then what is it? That PC's have the power to make crazily innovative games? If that is your point then who the hell is arguing that dude? I'm not.

You're all over the place with your argument and you keep shifting goal posts.

*sigh*. Ok, dude whatever. Feel free to stop wasting your time replying to me then.

Well you harangued me for bringing up Star Citizen, a game which isn't out yet, but yet you brought up UC4 and No Man's Sky both of which aren't out yet either as examples of the PS4's offerings, so what am I to believe?

Jesus christ, I am not even going to waste my time again. Refer to my previous post on why I brought up UC4 and the comment I made (the underlined comment, the one you deliberately ignored trying to make me sound hypocritical). Once you have done that look up the definition 'baseless assumptions' and note that my assumption about UC4 has more of a base to it (THe reason it has more of a base was also explained in my previous posts, that frankly I will not repeat) than your assumptions about StarShip Citizen. I look forward to your "But your a hypocrite!!!11" reply.

Um, the game has a webpage that anyone is free to peruse if they want to learn about the game's technology and vision. So it's not me saying so, it's the developer making the game..

This is 'lol' worthy. How does a 'web page where a developer talks about how ownage their game is' not considered as hype and actually is classed as a factual statement on the quality of the final product? Don't you see how hilariously absurd that sounds? Of course you don't.

No Man's Sky is being made by four dudes, and is listed on IndieGames.com so it's hardly a baseless assumption.

I see you are hung up on me mentioning 'No Man's Sky'. Ok. Forget I mentioned it.

It's apparent that you don't know what an Indie game is... Also Star Citizen isn't even out yet, so how on Earth do you know the minimum system requirements?

No, I used your logic (I even bloody said "Going by your logic" man ffs). Again reread your original post then my reply to your post instead of twisting my words in a desperate attempts at discrediting me. Seriously dude, not cool.
Again stop manipulating my posts. I posted a link to where I derived my knowledge on the requirements from, which is a website I get all my knowledge on a games system requirements from, It was a simple google search (came up as the first link). I have no reason to believe they are not legit, any factual evidence to prove the website wrong?

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=9193&game=No Mans Sky

The developers themselves made that comment, not I, and since you're so willing to believe Naughty Dogs about UC4, I don't see what you're problem is..

The devs themselves know their own game and what it's about better than anyone..

1. Your missing the point, reread my post if you still don't get it (not sure how it is possible because I specifically state the implications that derive from Developers words and their actual products) then shit happens. Also refer the comment I have literally repeated a dozen times already in regards to why I brought UC4 up. I know for a fact you understood why I brought it up, you are just desperately ignoring my (underlined) comment and explanation of why I brought it up in an attempts at remaining Ignorant. Which Is why I refuse to repeat it again.

You use BETA footage to prove your point? Are you serious, or are you trolling me?

What beta footage? Ah 100% my bad, never bothered to read the 'description' due to me hurrying to reply to your massive post.

Hopefully this is better (The PC is still on MAX settings)

The statement still stands as you can see.

I feel like a broken recorder. Do me a favor and look up what the word innovation means. Being innovative has nothing to do with quality..

The PC is by far the most innovative platform because it's not as limited as the consoles. How difficult is it to understand this?

Jesus fuck. Listen here, Just because you butt into a conversation, throw a statement and expect me to immediately shift my discussion to better suit yours does not mean that is what is going to happen. I don't give a fuck about innovation for the last time, I care about good games, which is what my initial discussion (before I began speaking to you) was about. You don't want to debate me on my initial 3 pros for console gaming? Then go away and debate with somebody else. My point is innovation does not = good games. Period. I don't want to talk about this subject anymore, as it is not relevant to my initial points in any way. Get it.

Again, look up what the word innovative means.. I think we are having an English problem..

God fucking help me.

It fits the narrative of the discussion we are having about innovation.

No. For the last damn time, the discussion YOU are having. Not me.

And you fail to understand that exclusivity is mostly an artificial marketing concept that has nothing to do with a platform's capabilities. TLOU could have been on Xbox 360, another console just as easily as PS3 if it weren't for corporate politics..

Naughty Dog is owned by Sony. Sony are the reason ND are what they are. Period. I don't care for politics for god sake what has this got to do with my damn 3 initial pros regarding Console GAMING!? Fuck me. Take your philosophical, political and 'innovative' debates elsewhere as I couldn't care less haha!

You're welcome to your opinion, but from what I've seen of those screenshots, Naughty Dog is no different from many other developers..

Due to your bias. I offered to show you true side by side comparison of E3 and Release and you didn't even bother to ask for them to better form your opinion. Your opinion was dead set around one screenshot and around the fact you classed it as a " so boring, scripted and linear". Your opinion is clearly set so I'm not even going to bother wasting my time.

There are limits of course, but I didn't think I had to state the obvious..

Haha, you made a factual statement I just clowned you on it. No hard feelings broski.

I will PM you the videos but I doubt it will change your mind.

Thanks, Sard.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be happening. So closing.

Attempts to re-open a "PC vs Console War" debate will not be tolerated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom