Is Weather Too Powerful? (Open Beta Edition)

+
TH3WITCH3R;n8870290 said:
Proper solution imo is I think...

- Make Bronze weather works only for 2/3 turns as for bronze card removing 6/7 strength is enough I think. Gold weather is only removable by clear sky OR
- Remove strength from units in weather after 2 turns. Every turn damage is too high for bronze weather at least OR
- Limit the weather use par round OR
- Weather is only going to damage cards till 1 strength & Clear Sky will reset all cards to there base strength [ going to remove buff from all cards ] As we can remove 1/3 Strength cards pretty easily even before opp. going to use clear sky.
I can totally agree with the first point you are having, but the second one is nonsense (no offense). Also love the first half of the third one - let the units stay alive with 1 Strength and... hey, here are those Gold Weather Cards - they can kill the buggers! But after cleaning the row from weather to reset a unit to its starting Stats? This will make the Weather Card more or less useless, cause everybody will wait till the end of the round to Clear Skies and buff themselves up again, killing whatever momentum the other player managed to built - no good. But if all units stay at 1 Strength and you have that pesky Epidemic Card... FLUSHHHH. :)

waffle;n8892240 said:
... Clear Skies could also have a preventive effect, banishing new weather effects in the next turn so it can be used both pro- and retroactively...
I like this idea. Or perhaps it must clear the skies for the said weather effect it cleared for the rest of the round? Like, if it clears a Fog and the other player plays Fog again, it won't trigger. The whole idea of Clean Skies is to clean everything; that is why most faction have a card that cleans the weather from the said row.

Last edited:
About a weather card

Hi.
Sorry my poor English.

I write the simple impression that played New patch.
At first balance collapses.
It is become terrible than before.
A weather card is in particular strong.
Rank 10 or more are full of weather monsters and get tired.
The weather card has strength not to think of to be it with Common very much.
I think that the weather card should do it than silver card.
How does everybody think?

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Or.... They could just revert completely back to CB weather mechanics, remove agile from 50% of the units, slap weather immunity back on select units and possibly keep only the weather DoT mechanic. Personally, I would even omit the DoT mechanic and go back to reducing weathered units to one power. For the simple reason control shouldn't provide ridiculous tempo on your side of the board. You shouldn't be able to damage the opponent side of the board while gaining huge points on your own side, especially on units in hand.

The problem with cards like DBP is you can control your opponent, kill his/her units and gain huge point value on your own units, while keeping them in hand. A 2 point power nerf is at best a bandaid fix for that card.

Unfortunately, it appears this is the design philosophy they're shooting for, given what I've been seeing with SK axemen with weather/bear/maiden/damage abuse. Poor concept....

Oh, and an additional neutral card called Morkvarg Meat would be a great addition. Just a thought....

They nerfed those stupid golden cards so it's a lot better. If weather is getting you down play the new machine deck, scouts are OP as hell now. It got a little out of hand so the meta has shifted, its not too hard to play around it now.

It's not that it gets me down. Truth be told many of the weather decks can be countered with a few simple cards, utilizing the turn timer to plan the opponent plays out for them, and getting decent draws. I simply dislike the mechanics, how they influence gameplay and what you're forced to do to stop them. It just isn't very enjoyable. And it turns the game more into, "Let's see how we can break the game for this version/patch.". It is true this game has always been about exploiting the new hip OP "thing" of the week, even during CB. But this is getting out of hand, IMO.

Out of 10 CASUAL games today 8 packed at least 5 weather cards (capping at 8 for dagon decks) in 4 different classes (all barred NR). When this bs will end?

For me, the issue is the power that frost provides given how easy it is to get on the board. There are so many cards that allow players to spawn frost, and many of these cards are actually still pretty strong themselves. Meanwhile removing weather is almost always going to be a net loss, because weather removal cards tend to just be a lot weaker.

This may just be me being salty b/c I recently lost a match to a single frost card (the 5th time it had played on me in the match) doing 40 damage to me in the last round and losing by 1 point. Given the number of decks that basically require stacking units in specific rows, the frequency with which frost is doing 5+ damage per turn is just a little silly for a bronze ability that is often triggered by cards that themselves are also providing power.

Admittedly I'm still pretty new, but I feel like there needs to be a cap on the number of cards frost can hit (maybe 5?), or there need to be fewer cards that spawn frost rather than pulling it from the deck. Another alternative would be to give more options for removing weather, as currently many decks really only have first light to turn to, which is an objectively terrible card.

I think, at this point, Dev should change this game to Gwent - The Weather Game. Considering the fact that Dahon has 16 disposable weather cards in his hand while you only have 3 Clear Sky. Now you can tell me who has advantages. In the long run, you would have very very hard time with Dahon's deck that focus on weather control. Truthfully, I dont see much of variations nowadays compared with "closed beta". In closed beta, you would see many different decks as well as strategies. But now, well, Skellige always go with Morkvard, majority. Monster faction - Dahon weather. Scoia'tael - control with spells and weather. Nilfggard - I think Nilfggard is one of those few deck that can draw all 25 cards (assuming his deck has 25 cards) without losing or sacrifice anything.

Especially weather cards now can apply at any row. That's totally bollocks. Player dont need to think anymore because end of the day, it is WEATHER, it will hit highest or lowest card on that row in the long run. Here is the most common strat: bait out Clear Sky then drop those legendary weather cards. End game. Easy, gg.

Last edited:
Top Bottom