Is Witcher like DragonAge?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well seeing some of the latest trailers speaks volumes for the game, i purchased it already for preorder and look forward to my first Witcher game.

I'd recommend playing the older games, reading the books, watching a let's play of them or at least (if you do not care about pre-TheWitcher3-spoilers) read a summary of what happened in the first 2 games. CD Project Red promised they would inform new players about what happened before but there are a lot of things that happened, minor and major ones.

I would strongly recommend exposing yourself to the previous titles somehow, because despite the combat mechanics of TW1 being not my favoritesand the graphic engine of TW1 also being not all that great it still tells a good story and has nice other mechanics (especially alchemy is good in TW1), the Witcher 2 is graphically better, mechanically in combat superior (IMO), better in terms of storytelling, but a little bit shorter and the inventory/alchemy is not quite as good as TW1's.

Both games are available on Steam and they almost ALWAYS have them on Sale if there is a big sale. So if you wait for Christmas Sale, normally you get the The Witcher 1 for around 2 bucks and The Witcher 2 for around 3 - 4 bucks, really not a big price for 2 very good games (IMO). Just think about it.

The books are also pretty cheap on Amazon. The first one is called "The Last Wish" as far as I know.

If you don't want however it is not a problem, you can play the game without any foreknowledge, at least CD Project Red claims that (and I believe them, they probably have a nice method of showing you what happened previously).

I hope you have fun and I personally hope TW3 will be as awesome as I imagine it to be. :D

Geralt ain't going to ride a bull, he will however ride a few sorceresses.

Post of the week, thumbs up :hai:

Last edited:
Both games are available on Steam and they almost ALWAYS have them on Sale if there is a big sale. So if you wait for Christmas Sale, normally you get the The Witcher 1 for around 2 bucks and The Witcher 2 for around 3 - 4 bucks, really not a big price for 2 very good games (IMO). Just think about it.

Get the Games yes... but not over STEAM ^^ choose them over GoG.com :D
Then at last you re allowed to still OWN them ;)

OT:

TW is not like Dragon Age an it don t have to... in my opinion TW is the best RPG i played so far.
Of course you can t "create" your own char but for TW this does not matter. Story and atmosphere
whise TW1 is the best fucking game out there... and it comes with actual choices they have a
consequense in the game itself and it matters.

Only DEUS EX (org) did the same if i recall right...
I strongly recommend you play TW1 and TW2
and if you wan t read the books ;)

I really, really love DA:I.
Maybe the main story was a bit short, but a great game overall.
I will never forget the moment i first ran through the hissing wastes and realized how big that area is.

If The Witcher 3 is as good as DA:I, it will be a great game(of course I hope its even better ;) )

Story-driven fantasy RPG, that's what they share alike, though DA:I leans more towards relationships and is softer, when Witcher has always been a lot more into the plot and more serious.

No, Witcher is not like Dragon Age. Here are the differences

`1) Dragon Age is about you being the Chosen One or the Hero or The One or The Savior saving the day. Witcher is about Geralt of Rivia who slays monster for a living and unwillingly gets pulled into the thick of things because of his skills.

Geralt is simply Geralt just like I am simply me and you are simply you. He is not a hero and he is not an anti-hero, he is just Geralt. By contrast, The Warden is the Hero of Ferelden, The Hawke is Champion of Kirkwall and The Inquisitor is Herald of Andraste. They are all heroes of some form.

2)Dragon Age is a party based game where you are in control of 4 characters. Witcher is a single third person game.

Geralt in many ways, is like Batman from the Arkham games. Both of them fight multiple hordes of enemies and use gadgets. The difference is Geralt uses swords, signs, alchemy and grenades whereas Batman uses fists, his Batmobile and a ton of gadgets. Oh and Geralt has no combo meter.

Dragon Age is a mashup between an real time strategy game and an action RPG game.

Get the Games yes... but not over STEAM ^^ choose them over GoG.com :D
Then at last you re allowed to still OWN them ;)

OT:

TW is not like Dragon Age an it don t have to... in my opinion TW is the best RPG i played so far.
Of course you can t "create" your own char but for TW this does not matter. Story and atmosphere
whise TW1 is the best fucking game out there... and it comes with actual choices they have a
consequense in the game itself and it matters.

Only DEUS EX (org) did the same if i recall right...
I strongly recommend you play TW1 and TW2
and if you wan t read the books ;)

Sorry but this guy play DA:I, that requires Origin. And Steam is not worse than Origin just sayin.
Of course it's better over GoG. I don't know thought how cheap it can get on GoG since I do only know the Steam Sale prices.
Of course I support every anti-DMC-shops and pages. Go GoG!!

As for The Witcher:

The Witcher is a mature RPG experience where you play as Geralt of Rivia, a Witcher who lost his memory and was found by the fellow Witchers of his Witcher school (the Wolf School).

Witchers are humans who have been raised as monster slayers from their childhood on and put through countless mutations, caused by specific alchemical potions and procedures, which would have killed most other children. Surviving the mutation the Witcher has enhanced senses, can control magic signs and has superhuman reflexes. They often look pale or unhealthy, have cat eyes and Geralt himself (does not happen to all Witchers) lost all the Pigmentation of his hair. Witchers age very slowly and they are stronger than normal human beings, but of course still mortal. Witchers go around the country and eliminate monsters and other problems (sometimes bad humans, though actually they try to stay out of any political matters and stay neutral in those matters. Geralt is an... exception there) for coin. (Most Monsters came to the world summoned by mages from other dimensions).

The Witcher games lead you through a (in TW1 and TW2) mostly linear main storyline and are leading you from one world-hub to the next (with no way of going back) where you can follow the main storyline and also are able to do some side-activities. The main side-activities are monster hunting, where you search for people who need to get rid of a monster (most of the time there is a hangout) and kill this monster or those monsters for them getting paid for it.

But that is not the only thing you do. The Witcher, like most RPGs, is very dialogue heavy. You have a lot of choices throughout the game which are reflected in one or the other way. The difference between TW and other RPGs is here that the Witchers choices do not only have a lot of impact on the game world or your progress in it (in TW1 there is 1 chapter where based on how you decide you will play a small section in a different region supporting different people before the storyline leads to one and the same NEXT world-hub again (if you can follow me). In the Witcher 2 it is even one WHOLE chapter (of 3 chapters that the game has) which you will spend on a completely different place with different quests.

The Witcher (1) has 3 different endings based on the decisions you made but of course has a few more things that are noted in terms of the world state (which will carry over to TW2, but there is nothing big or significant). The endings and/or consequences of your choices are also summarized in a slideshow of still images with voiceover of Geralt at the end of each chapter.

The Witcher 2 has 16 different endings or rather world states. 16 different things that will (probably) carry over to TW3 based on which decision you made. Flashbacks start to tell you about your past as Geralt starts to remember and each chapter is also finished with a slideshow/cinematic/still image series with commentary of one of Geralts companions.

Another difference to other RPGs is the fact that in The Witcher decisions are often not decisions between good and bad, renegade or paragon, gain or loss, it is more about choosing the lesser evil, or about acting upon your OWN sense of justice or about choosing between personal gain or loss and the walfare of others. Geralt often has to make decisions that have consequences on the world state in general or people around him, but also on himself. He often has to think what he wants to happen not being sure of what exactly the consequences are. Those are though decisions. The main sentence that always came up in advertising and CDPRs comments was "There is no good or evil, only choices and consequences". One of the things that definitely makes TW stand out and makes it such a good game.

The world of TW is also not glorious or noble in any way (IMO). It is dark and gritty, often gruel and rude, barbaric and raw. It is in this world that you start to make your journey. A journey of searching for memories, chasing ghosts, following enemies that stole from your Witchers School (/family), and beyond that following your own path of trying to puzzle your live and memories back together.

TW1 and TW2 is mainly about Geralts journey to finding himself again. Of course there are major plot points and story elements I do not want to spoil. TW games play after the books of which some (most) should be available in English by now.

You have your usual RPG stuff like crafting, skill trees, (alchemy,) equipment and monster levels. You will be able to sell/buy stuff during the game, talk to people. You'll have companions once in a while but not as much as in DA or ME and not all the time, since this is not supposed to be a companion game, it's more of a "lone Wolf" journey. But you'll encounter many interesting characters along the way, some of them being the best I have ever seen in RPGs.
Storytelling is really top notch IMO.

Combat is rather clunky in TW1 for me, a lot of mouse-clicking, mid-combat pausing, combat-style changing and stuff. TW2 did that better IMO. Some didn't like the dodge, but that was due to the fact that you had to dodge way too much and that in bossfights there was often not much room to maneuver (IMO) (Should change with TW3). All in all though combat was more fluid, more action-RPG (which I like) and a real challenge even on "normal" difficulty.

What more can I say? You have to learn a lot about the world, but the books should help you. If not, there is still the bestiary which is an in-game database about characters and enemies and monsters you encountered or even some places, potions, etc. Then there is of course the Witcher wiki which is a very good page for any references, but beware the spoilers.

TW3 though - just to say that - wants to change a lot of the formula. TW3 will be multi-region open world, meaning you will be able to travel everywhere at almost any time, you will have fast travel, the world will be huge (bigger than all the world-hubs of TW1 and TW2 combines, bigger than Skyrim), the endings or "world states" will be more (36 I think), the Monsters will not have levels that means if you level is too low and you encounter a monster which is too strong you better run. Also, the time of day an weather will have an effect on the strength and activity of some of the monsters, Geralt will have a horse now (because the world is bigger), the combat is supposed to be more fluid. Furthermore the storyline is supposed to be adapted to the open world which means there will probably - from what I understood - be multiple main storylines which you can all do independently to "put the pieces together" and then, if you have done all of them you those storylines will probably lead to one and the same endgame combining the red lines of the different storylines you finished (if you can follow me).

Well, that is about all I can say.

All in all I like the games very much.
If you like DA and ME but always thought the world could be a little bit darker, the decisions a little bit harder and the protagonist having more character (a real history and a likable (badass) character) then I think you will enjoy the game(s).

Last edited:
Sorry but this guy play DA:I, that requires Origin. And Steam is not worse than Origin just sayin.
Of course it's better over GoG. I don't know thought how cheap it can get on GoG since I do only know the Steam Sale prices.
Of course I support every anti-DMC-shops and pages. Go GoG!!

As for The Witcher:

The Witcher is a mature RPG experience where you play as Geralt of Rivia, a Witcher who lost his memory and was found by the fellow Witchers of his Witcher school (the Wolf School).

Witchers are humans who have been raised as monster slayers from their childhood on and put through countless mutations, caused by specific alchemical potions and procedures, which would have killed most other children. Surviving the mutation the Witcher has enhanced senses, can control magic signs and has superhuman reflexes. They often look pale or unhealthy, have cat eyes and Geralt himself (does not happen to all Witchers) lost all the Pigmentation of his hair. Witchers age very slowly and they are stronger than normal human beings, but of course still mortal. Witchers go around the country and eliminate monsters and other problems (sometimes bad humans, though actually they try to stay out of any political matters and stay neutral in those matters. Geralt is an... exception there) for coin. (Most Monsters came to the world summoned by mages from other dimensions).

The Witcher games lead you through a (in TW1 and TW2) mostly linear main storyline and are leading you from one world-hub to the next (with no way of going back) where you can follow the main storyline and also are able to do some side-activities. The main side-activities are monster hunting, where you search for people who need to get rid of a monster (most of the time there is a hangout) and kill this monster or those monsters for them getting paid for it.

But that is not the only thing you do. The Witcher, like most RPGs, is very dialogue heavy. You have a lot of choices throughout the game which are reflected in one or the other way. The difference between TW and other RPGs is here that the Witchers choices do not only have a lot of impact on the game world or your progress in it (in TW1 there is 1 chapter where based on how you decide you will play a small section in a different region supporting different people before the storyline leads to one and the same NEXT world-hub again (if you can follow me). In the Witcher 2 it is even one WHOLE chapter (of 3 chapters that the game has) which you will spend on a completely different place with different quests.

The Witcher (1) has 3 different endings based on the decisions you made but of course has a few more things that are noted in terms of the world state (which will carry over to TW2, but there is nothing big or significant). The endings and/or consequences of your choices are also summarized in a slideshow of still images with voiceover of Geralt at the end of each chapter.

The Witcher 2 has 16 different endings or rather world states. 16 different things that will (probably) carry over to TW3 based on which decision you made. Flashbacks start to tell you about your past as Geralt starts to remember and each chapter is also finished with a slideshow/cinematic/still image series with commentary of one of Geralts companions.

Another difference to other RPGs is the fact that in The Witcher decisions are often not decisions between good and bad, renegade or paragon, gain or loss, it is more about choosing the lesser evil, or about acting upon your OWN sense of justice or about choosing between personal gain or loss and the walfare of others. Geralt often has to make decisions that have consequences on the world state in general or people around him, but also on himself. He often has to think what he wants to happen not being sure of what exactly the consequences are. Those are though decisions. The main sentence that always came up in advertising and CDPRs comments was "There is no good or evil, only choices and consequences". One of the things that definitely makes TW stand out and makes it such a good game.

The world of TW is also not glorious or noble in any way (IMO). It is dark and gritty, often gruel and rude, barbaric and raw. It is in this world that you start to make your journey. A journey of searching for memories, chasing ghosts, following enemies that stole from your Witchers School (/family), and beyond that following your own path of trying to puzzle your live and memories back together.

TW1 and TW2 is mainly about Geralts journey to finding himself again. Of course there are major plot points and story elements I do not want to spoil. TW games play after the books of which some (most) should be available in English by now.

You have your usual RPG stuff like crafting, skill trees, (alchemy,) equipment and monster levels. You will be able to sell/buy stuff during the game, talk to people. You'll have companions once in a while but not as much as in DA or ME and not all the time, since this is not supposed to be a companion game, it's more of a "lone Wolf" journey. But you'll encounter many interesting characters along the way, some of them being the best I have ever seen in RPGs.
Storytelling is really top notch IMO.

Combat is rather clunky in TW1 for me, a lot of mouse-clicking, mid-combat pausing, combat-style changing and stuff. TW2 did that better IMO. Some didn't like the dodge, but that was due to the fact that you had to dodge way too much and that in bossfights there was often not much room to maneuver (IMO) (Should change with TW3). All in all though combat was more fluid, more action-RPG (which I like) and a real challenge even on "normal" difficulty.

What more can I say? You have to learn a lot about the world, but the books should help you. If not, there is still the bestiary which is an in-game database about characters and enemies and monsters you encountered or even some places, potions, etc. Then there is of course the Witcher wiki which is a very good page for any references, but beware the spoilers.

TW3 though - just to say that - wants to change a lot of the formula. TW3 will be multi-region open world, meaning you will be able to travel everywhere at almost any time, you will have fast travel, the world will be huge (bigger than all the world-hubs of TW1 and TW2 combines, bigger than Skyrim), the endings or "world states" will be more (36 I think), the Monsters will not have levels that means if you level is too low and you encounter a monster which is too strong you better run. Also, the time of day an weather will have an effect on the strength and activity of some of the monsters, Geralt will have a horse now (because the world is bigger), the combat is supposed to be more fluid. Furthermore the storyline is supposed to be adapted to the open world which means there will probably - from what I understood - be multiple main storylines which you can all do independently to "put the pieces together" and then, if you have done all of them you those storylines will probably lead to one and the same endgame combining the red lines of the different storylines you finished (if you can follow me).

Well, that is about all I can say.

All in all I like the games very much.
If you like DA and ME but always thought the world could be a little bit darker, the decisions a little bit harder and the protagonist having more character (a real history and a likable (badass) character) then I think you will enjoy the game(s).

great post!

Well I'm not going to repeat what others have already said. (Open world wise, single predefined character instead of create you own char and party play.)
But I just want to say they are both tactical games, the witcher might seem more hack'n'slash but on harder difficulties you need to prepare yourself for the upcomming fights. By the use of various potions, bombs, oils and even the talent tree ofc. And for me after playing DA:I I would say Dragon Age is a more hack'n'slash(y) game, especially as a mêlee character.

That said, we still have to find out a lot of the info about the mechanics and world ourselves. So this is me speaking from the experience of the previous games. And you should really play the witcher 1 & 2 if you got the time.

Last edited:
I have been playing DragonAge on the PS4 and enjoying the game alot, when i look at this game it seems more hack and slash and less open and more of track based quest. It looks great though.

the witcher 3 will be more open and engaging than Dragon age in most areas. as for quests, they are open, and if they are the same or better than quests from the last two witcher games, you can expect non linear stories that have better choice and consequence than what is seen in most AAA RPG.

one reason for this might be that the devs of the witcher 3 have not made dark fantasy games so much as they have made realistic fantasy, and this gives the game an edge in its story telling, in the realization of its world environments, characters and choices.

the best way to make a point of this is by looking at the main protagonist because the journalists and trailers don't do him justice, and it can show why the games non linear quests with their choice and consequence are so much better I think. in most games, and in dragon age inquisition, you can see there is a trends in story telling, and one of these trends is that we play as protagonists that are "special" (in skyrim your dragonborn, and in dargon age inquisition, you are the inquisitor and you are also really important because you are the only person who can close the breach in the fade). so Geralt Of Rivia is a witcher, witchers you may have heard slay monsters for money and have been trained and subjected to mutations from a young age to have super human abilities strength and reactions. that is usually the basic introduction to Geralt through articles on the witcher 3 or from watching the trailers, he is a fit hero and stands out from everyone else, he is "special", but that is not Geralt. his super human abilities don't exactly make him super human next a character like the inquisitor in dragon age, being a witcher doesn't give him that much of an edge, in fact it is almost a disadvantage. Unlike most witchers, the training and mutations didn't remove Geralt's emotions, anger fear etc, and this has adversely effected his life. Geralt himself is a social out cast, despite fame, witchers are classified as freaks in a time where even non humans (elves etc) also experience racist persecution. Geralt has to deal with being cheated, he is paid less than knights and often has trouble making a living despite risking his life. his role of protecting human beings is constantly being challenged when facing extraordinary injustice, and he has trouble coming to terms with what he is doing with his life. Geralt also cant influence as much change as characters from more modern RPG. Decisions in the witcher games can result in big changes, but these changes are often more personal than big world changing decisions of mass effect or dragon age. Geralt is one person and realistically, he cannot be expected to change huge ingrained social problems or extraordinary political issues that you face as the inquisitor in dragon age. more often than not Geralt is forced into situations where all he can do is try to maintain his morality, and this has ramifications, large ones, that often result in the death of friends, of innocent people, and in development of characters.

the story is by far the strongest thing the witcher has to offer from the past two titles, you will have to wait till release to find out about game play though. if you liked dragon age, I think you will like the witcher. dragon age has some really nice mechanics you might regard as superior but the witcher 3 has its own. If you like RPG you will have a good time with it's excellent story and amazing visuals at the least.

This thread is an interesting read. I've read the novels but don't have the luxury of a decent PC or Xbox 360 to play prior W series games. granted I have 2-4 hours a week to play games I'm thinking of getting DA over Christmas for the XBONE to tide me over till May (or until I get a gaming PC/laptop which is TBD). Comments in these threads make me want to chance my laptop or PC purchase from a TBD to ASAP! Just to see previous games.

This thread is an interesting read. I've read the novels but don't have the luxury of a decent PC or Xbox 360 to play prior W series games. granted I have 2-4 hours a week to play games I'm thinking of getting DA over Christmas for the XBONE to tide me over till May (or until I get a gaming PC/laptop which is TBD). Comments in these threads make me want to chance my laptop or PC purchase from a TBD to ASAP! Just to see previous games.

Actually today a PC to play games like TW2 and TW1 are very cheap.

According to polish Eurogamer, Kiciński stated that system requirements are to be released in the "coming days" more or less figuratively.

Link to the article in Polish

And keep in mind that mobility graphics are a lot less powerful than their regular counterparts

Last edited:
According to polish Eurogamer, Kiciński stated that system requirements are to be released in the "coming days" more or less figuratively.

Link to the article in Polish

And keep in mind that mobility graphics are a lot less powerful than their regular counterparts
Not so more
The gtx 600 series to 600m the loss of performance was 40%
The 700 series to 700m a loss of about 30%
Butt he 900 to 900m the loss of performance is about 8%
So a 980m beats a 780 :p
Also if you wannt a notebook for gaming the top ones are MSi and Asus ROG line
MSi can even have pc better cards, but definitely the best gaming notebook by far is the ROG only to the fact that is the only notebook that keeps cool while playing for a long time
In real most notebooks can't afford 5 mins of coldness

The Witcher world always feels like it would continue even if Geralt didn’t intervene. The games focus on his individuality and how he tries to fit in. Choices are made that reflect his own moral code which is neither right or wrong and sometimes conflicting. I found a recurring theme of staying true to oneself no matter the cost. Choices are made. Consequences are faced. If the outcome feels comfortable, the decision was a right one.

Both game series have their own merits but I prefer the more human centred approach to The Witcher series.

Also, you wouldn’t find a back-flipping-fifty-feet-when-wielding-a-crossbow-the-size-of-oneself dwarf in The Witcher series. :p

Last edited:
Not so more
The gtx 600 series to 600m the loss of performance was 40%
The 700 series to 700m a loss of about 30%
Butt he 900 to 900m the loss of performance is about 8%
So a 980m beats a 780 :p
Also if you wannt a notebook for gaming the top ones are MSi and Asus ROG line
MSi can even have pc better cards, but definitely the best gaming notebook by far is the ROG only to the fact that is the only notebook that keeps cool while playing for a long time
In real most notebooks can't afford 5 mins of coldness

Hm I was not aware of that. I stand corrected. Although if you factor in the heating problems laptops face that you mentioned, the difference is more or less slightly bigger. But let's not digress further on that, the topic of this thread is not about mobility graphics.

---------- Zaktualizowano 19:46 ----------

Furthermore the storyline is supposed to be adapted to the open world which means there will probably - from what I understood - be multiple main storylines which you can all do independently to "put the pieces together" and then, if you have done all of them you those storylines will probably lead to one and the same endgame combining the red lines of the different storylines you finished (if you can follow me).

That sounds very interesting, sort of like Dragon Age Origins did it? Though honestly I doubt that will be the case. I think it will be similar to previous games, or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, just without loading screens and the ability to go to new areas seamlessly and without any sort of unlocking them. So main story points you to new hubs in a more linear fashion. Although time will tell if your vision is closer to finished game then mine.

---------- Zaktualizowano 20:23 ----------

Geralt also cant influence as much change as characters from more modern RPG. Decisions in the witcher games can result in big changes, but these changes are often more personal than big world changing decisions of mass effect or dragon age. Geralt is one person and realistically, he cannot be expected to change huge ingrained social problems or extraordinary political issues that you face as the inquisitor in dragon age. more often than not Geralt is forced into situations where all he can do is try to maintain his morality, and this has ramifications, large ones, that often result in the death of friends, of innocent people, and in development of characters.

That is not entirely true. In The Witcher 1 Geralts decisions lead to forming or not of particular important political alliances, and in Assassins of Kings he can influence a decision to kill or not a very important and powerful character, which changes political landscape quite drastically

I am referring obviously to siding with either Ziegfried, Yaevinn or sticking it up to everyone and going solo, and decision weather to kill/save Adda in TW1. In TW2 weather or not let Roche kill Henselt/kill him yourself or let him live

So there are some large scale decisions and consequences. The difference is that Witcher approach to ramifications is very different - Geralt has a say in such things mostly by accident or certain circumstances that are beyond his planning, and they can be very unpredictable.

Last edited:
The problem is that Im thinking of getting my first gaming laptop ever....laptop moreso than PC, and want something that can handle W3 at high or ultra :(

Well then you have to wait of course.
I don't know where you live but for my new PC (need everything except a hard drive) I probably need 700 €.

Want to get an Intel i5 (best is a 4k) with 3,5 - 3,7 Ghz, a Nvidia Geforce GTX 960, 8GB RAM, a Gigabyte Mainboard and a 500 W Power Supply.

That is not entirely true. In The Witcher 1 Geralts decisions lead to forming or not of particular important political alliances, and in Assassins of Kings he can influence a decision to kill or not a very important and powerful character, which changes political landscape quite drastically

that's why I said more often than not. more often Geralt's choices don't result in creating a large difference to the extent that is advertised in say dragon age. he can influence change yes but arguably this still is, in the larger sachem of things, smaller than you might expect in comparison to what you expect in other games.

larger consequences can happen but we don't necessarily see the larger circumstances and they also are overshadowed by the presence of more pressing threats that are kept constant. e.g. whatever you do in the witcher 1 the city will still go to hell by the end, and in the witcher two, the death of that important and powerful person you where talking about has a more drastic affect on the parties involved in that persons death than the political landscape you are witness to, and arguably has has not that much affect on the events in the final act of the game, like in the witcher 1.

still there is no denying that there are big decisions in the witcher games, but they more often have greater personal effects than far reaching ones even when those consequences are still far reaching. CDPR are really good at making those decisions still be meaningful to the story, changes in the plot can be quite drastic, and also not unmanageable.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ eunoia_evanescent I must've misunderstood you then. Apologies. I'm glad we agree though ;)

and in the witcher two, the death of that important and powerful person you where talking about has a more drastic affect on the parties involved in that persons death than the political landscape you are witness to, and arguably has has not that much affect on the events in the final act of the game, like in the witcher 1.

I thought it had quite large ramifications on the summit to the extent of differing visuals in Loc Muinne, but I might be wrong. I actually couldn't force myself to let the bastard live as of yet, and I'm on my 4th playthrough :p So I can't confirm that from my experience, but I could've sworn I've seen it on someone else's Let's Play. So I might be completely wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom