Cards Like Isbel Need a Truce Tag

+
the source of the bug(aside from the truce one) may have something to do with banished cards caused by Viper Witchers [...]
My opponent managed to exploit this bug further [...]

While I can understand that some players may find this mechanic unfair, the card is working as intended. It's neither a bug nor an exploit. However, that doesn't mean the card shouldn't be changed. PS. the VIper Witchers are irrelevant here because Isbel works regardless.

While I can understand that some players may find this mechanic unfair, the card is working as intended. It's neither a bug nor an exploit. However, that doesn't mean the card shouldn't be changed. PS. the VIper Witchers are irrelevant here because Isbel works regardless.

She does glitch sometimes actually. I used Isbel once and for some reason, it only drew me a card. I have no idea why it happened but my opponent forfeited right after because he noticed as well. I don't know if it's cause of Viper Witchers or whatever, but yeah.

rrc

Forum veteran
She does glitch sometimes actually. I used Isbel once and for some reason, it only drew me a card. I have no idea why it happened but my opponent forfeited right after because he noticed as well. I don't know if it's cause of Viper Witchers or whatever, but yeah.
I myself had faced this issue once. I faxed a Voorhis who played Isbel as the first card. I did not have counter and the next round, he pulled a card for himself and I didn't get any. Of course, I forfeited immediately. It was a long time ago, I think even before the Artifacts hotfix.

Isbel of Hagge: Let her ability only work when the opponent has not yet passed.

An Craite Marauder: 4 not so random damage when played second, 6 points for 4 provisions. Pure RNG and just bad. Please change his ability.

Predatory Dive: 5 provisions for unlimited damage when played second. Another form of bad and cheap binariness. Similar to An Craite Marauder, but then the unlimited version. Instead of "Each player destroys their lowest unit", let the card say/do: "Destroy your lowest unit, then destroy the opponent's lowest unit." (similar to Rainfarn of Attre only boosting himself when he has boosted an enemy first).

Anybody wants to add/comment?

I doubled my winrate by 100% by adding Gerwin, Unicorns and the do 4 damage Golemthing. How about changing those cards?

For Isbel it might be a consideration but right now she's not posing a problem, even when played as last card, with Petri's Philter, after the opponent has passed it doesn't prove to be as a viable tactic.
Also there are other cards that allow you to draw after opponent has passed, like Ciri: Dash or Stregobor.

For marauder i'd increase provisions AND/OR make him deal 1 damage to up to 4 other units.

Predatory Dive is the same as epidemic in the situation you described there.

For Isbel it might be a consideration but right now she's not posing a problem, even when played as last card, with Petri's Philter, after the opponent has passed it doesn't prove to be as a viable tactic.
Also there are other cards that allow you to draw after opponent has passed, like Ciri: Dash or Stregobor.
It's about drawing a card for the opponent when he/she has already passed. Ciri: Dash is therefore not a problem, but Stregobor is, just like Isbel.
Predatory Dive is the same as epidemic in the situation you described there.
I knew someone would bring up Epidemic. Epidemic is fine, it's a 9 provision card, unlike Predatory Dive which is just 5.

Isbel of Hagge: Let her ability only work when the opponent has not yet passed.

Yes please. This card is not very common. Getting a free card out of it by playing it near the end of the game when the opponent doesn't know it's coming is less common. It's still a problem when it does happen. A free card is absolutely huge, regardless of situation. It should not be able to do this after an opponent has passed.

An Craite Marauder: 4 not so random damage when played second, 6 points for 4 provisions. Pure RNG and just bad. Please change his ability.

Not sure what to say here. I'm not fond of this card either. Particularly due to synergy with spears. I'm not sure how it should be changed though. You can play around it to some extent but it can be a bit oppressive for a 4p bronze.

Predatory Dive: 5 provisions for unlimited damage when played second. Another form of bad and cheap binariness. Similar to An Craite Marauder, but then the unlimited version. Instead of "Each player destroys their lowest unit", let the card say/do: "Destroy your lowest unit, then destroy the opponent's lowest unit." (similar to Rainfarn of Attre only boosting himself when he has boosted an enemy first).

Agreed here too. I think PD might be fine if it only works if it destroys an opponent card. So instead of being able to be used on a board with one opponent unit it would require an allied unit to activate. Granted, I'm not fond of, "kill unit, regardless of power", type abilities on cheap bronzes in general.

Adding Rot Tosser as suggested by Freddybabes and Gameking in their recent vid. Truce in the way that the Cow Carcass should not trigger when the opponent has already passed, making it more of a challenge to strategically play Rot Tosser and not just at the end when your opponent has passed and cannot counter.

Edit, added: Cow Carcass is by the way also a binary card. Why does it have to completely destroy a unit? Because of this, It is another card with a huge variance. Variance and RNG are currently too rampant in Gwent.

Last edited:
Adding Rot Tosser as suggested by Freddybabes and Gameking in their recent vid. Truce in the way that the Cow Carcass should not trigger when the opponent has already passed

That's just dumb. There are many cards with high variance that can destroy a unit but squeezing as many points you can from a card is part of the game. If all cards had a fixed value that would make the game very dull and predictable.

Bump. An old thread, but still current problem. When will these cards get Truce? Just lost a game due to Isbel abuse.

Bump. An old thread, but still current problem. When will these cards get Truce? Just lost a game due to Isbel abuse.

It's not an abuse. It is the only situation where isbel is viable, and still it is rarely played. It is a really cheap finisher compared to more common ones (Hubert, aglais, etc.)

You say it was retarded, I actually think it was a brilliant move. It's not an abuse, but rather thinking of new ways to use the strength of cards. If that would have happened to me, I wouldn't even be mad.

Yep, I follow you. When I see what happend I was "WOW, someone did something epic".
Post automatically merged:

Just played the most retarded game that I've ever experienced in the history of Gwent, even worse than the artifact and froth spam.

Went up against Emhyr. He passes 4 cards into round 1 so we go into round 2 with 9 cards each. 2 cards later, it's tied 10-10 in Round 2. I do the easiest pass of my life since I get a 1 card advantage going into round 3 right? Wrong. He drops Isbel. Passes. Next turn he uses Isbel, gives me a useless card, Lethos it so he gets another Isbel, Emhyr's his original Isbel back, passes, then plays it again. He drops what he doesn't need after using his Isbels and goes into Round 3 with 7 cards to my 10. My Seltkirk, Botchling, and another gold get burned and there's nothing I can do about it. Needless to say I end up losing Round 3.

Why the hell did CDProjektRed remove the Truce tag [for newbies, the truce tag signifies that a card's ability can only be used when both opponents have not passed]? It's glaringly obvious in hindsight that card drawing cards would be abused in a manner like this; how the eff did this even get past the PTR?
Wait!
I don't get it.
You got 3 useless cards in hands. But you got 5 mulligans, haven't you? Even with only 2 mulligans, you mulligan 2 of useless cards back into something good.

OK, I get it now, you lost long time ago, when you had fix number of mulligans. But enxt sentence still aply.
So, you lost to weak deck, went into obvious trap and instead of being ashame of it you post it on forum, but not as funny story but you ask for nerf?
?!?!?!

Last edited:
Wait!
I don't get it.
You got 3 useless cards in hands. But you got 5 mulligans, haven't you? Even with only 2 mulligans, you mulligan 2 of useless cards back into something good.

So, you lost to weak deck, went into obvious trap, had just one bad card unable to mulligan (or 0?) and instead of being ashame of it you post it on forum, but not as funny story but you ask for nerf?
?!?!?!

This message was posted 2 years ago. He didn't have 5 mulligans because that time it literally didn't work so. If you passed with 8 cards, you get 2 and 1 is banished (or just discard, I don't remember exactly). Now this problem doesn't exist, but Isbel still didn't get a fix.

This message was posted 2 years ago. He didn't have 5 mulligans because that time it literally didn't work so. If you passed with 8 cards, you get 2 and 1 is banished (or just discard, I don't remember exactly). Now this problem doesn't exist, but Isbel still didn't get a fix.
I get it now, but why would you "fix" something, that works ok?

I get it now, but why would you "fix" something, that works ok?

There is a problem when you go to 3d with equal cards and you have a first turn so it can be such a situation:
Opponent place Isbel, you have 1 card in hand and you can't remove Isbel. You use your card and automaticly pass, then opponent use Isbel and you both draw 1 card, opponent can use it, but you can't because you already passed. So it's basicly -1 card in hand if you lost first turn.

I personally tried to experiment with this combo on round 3, but either I didn't win round 1 or Isbel got answered (or I didn't draw her at all) so in my expirience it's not that easy to pull off.

Top Bottom