Isn't current Madoc package approach in draft mode quite dumb?

+
CDPR was saying, that they want the cards do better synergize with each other, hence they introduced packages of 3 cards.
Then they made a package of 3 Madocs, which led to the following scenarios:
1. you're offered a Madoc package and then you're not offered a single bomb, which literally gives you 3 cards, that make a +1 point of difference at best
2. you're offered a Madoc package and tons of bombs, which plays for +9 points on your side of the board and -8 points for as many rounds as your bomb supply allows
It mostly leads to the game being unplayable for you in the 1st case and for your opponent in the 2nd.
It's a long while since this has been going on, and I understand, that draft mode is something being on top of the negligence list, but would this be such a significant commitment to re-work the package to 1xMadoc+2xBombs or 2+1?

I never liked Arena mode but it was sure better then Draft mode. It took me like 10 full runs of Arena to conclude it's not my thing. Meanwhile it took me only 3 games of Draft mode to conclude it's pretty unfun, worse then Arena and for obvious reasons too, the main problem of Arena was the lack of balance but the positive side was great deck diversity and randomness, now in Draft they didn't fix the negatives, as balance is still even more insane, BUT since they took out the randomness factor they just executed the main positive factor of Arena - that being diversity of decks.
There is a small number of hyper-synergy decks that go around and ppl who just want to win play the exact same stuff.

Last edited:
I have the triple Madoc package in my current Draft deck -- with only two bombs (Northern Winds if I recall correctly).
Am currently 3-0 with it, but I also have loads of other removal, plus thinning and boosts. Very few "plain" units.

Would I say triple Madoc is strong? Yes, even with only two bombs (third card in the package was Bomb Heaver).
Would I say triple Madoc is too strong? With two bombs, no. With loads of bombs, hard to say. Would need to play such a deck.
Would I say triple Madoc is annoying to face? Yes, at least when the deck contains lots of bombs.

I will also say it's really fun to play, especially with the NR Location that sometimes allows me to buff one of the Madocs. :ROFLMAO:

Another couple of days spent in draft mode, and I'm thinking, that the topic title would address the issue more accurately if it read like this: "Madoc package is a pure [...] plague of the draft mode".
It's unbearable to the extent, that I no longer give GG to anyone using that.
Post automatically merged:

"Madoc package is a pure [...] plague of the draft mode".

The [...] was originally "cancer and a". Mr moderator states, that cancer is a disease, and not a descriptive term, and hence finds this to be a reason to remove this part and distort the sense of the whole line. Seriously? Cancer is the exact term I wanted to use, because just like cancer, the Madoc package is in my opinion a disease of the draft mode. It is intrusive and spreads like cancer. Just because you don't agree with that, or dislike my opinion, it is not a valid reason to re-word the post as per your liking. Moderation should not be mistaken with censorship.

Last edited:
Madoc package is the worst, it should be removed 100%, if not then go for a 1 Madoc : 2 Bombs (but no matter what, I cant think of anyway to repair my feelings on it. I will detest the card forever)

Top Bottom