Isn't Kambi Kind of Broken?

+
And I don't think it's right to assume the 12 str card on your hand will be set to 1. There are lot of bad cards in all factions. They are bad, when we are their victims.

I have some problems with the comparison. Shilard at least doesn't take your card from you and sometimes you can reset it and not lose any value. It's a big difference when a card is completely taken from you and not only that you lose an entire turn. So you can possibly counter Shilard. You can't stop your last play from being stripped from you.

Last edited:
It's right. It's just a card like many others.

"It's just a card" doesn't say anything about it's balancing or if its well made for the game.

Gascon is just a card and its a horrible RNG card.

Sihil was just a card and it was overpowered before it was nerfed. Now its never used at all.

I have some problems with the comparison. Shilard at least doesn't take your card from you and sometimes you can reset it and not lose any value. It's a big difference when a card is completely taken from you and not only that you lose an entire turn. So you can possibly counter Shilard. You can't stop your last play from being stripped from you.
I know what you mean. But you leave out a few points:
1) To counter it, you have to assume beforehand, that it will be played. Just like Kambi.
2) When you counter it, you of course lose something. In my example, you might restore the 12 str, but you lose whatever card you used to restore it (most likely a card planned to be used as -I'm not sure about the correct term, I hope you understand it anyway- tall removal)

As I said before somewhere, I'm not a Kambi fanboy. I tested it, and saw that it's not worth it (which, btw, also is a factor to consider in this debate). I even had it in one of my decks and forgot about it, because it appears very rarely on hand. When I saw it, it was an immediate mulligan.

But besides my personal view of Kambi, I just can't follow the thought of Kambi as an almost almighty card, just because it has the potential to cut your round 1 turn short.

Is it a bad card in terms of balanced gameplay? Yes.
Is it worse than some other powerful cards? No.

So, in my view, either all cards that manipulate cards on the opponent's hand should be removed from the game (or nerfed), or none. Just picking one is too biased.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. But you leave out a few points:
1) To counter it, you have to assume beforehand, that it will be played. Just like Kambi

2) When you counter it, you of course lose something. In my example, you might restore the 12 str, but you lose whatever card you used to restore it (most likely a card planned to be used as -I'm not sure about the correct term, I hope you understand it anyway- tall removal)

As I said before somewhere, I'm not a Kambi fanboy. I tested it, and saw that it's not worth it (which, btw, also is a factor to consider in this debate). I even had it in one of my decks and forgot about it, because it appears very rarely on hand. When I saw it, it was an immediate mulligan.

But besides my personal view of Kambi, I just can't follow the thought of Kambi as an almost almighty card, just because it has the potential to cut your round 1 turn short.

Is it a bad card in terms of balanced gameplay? Yes.
Is it worse than some other powerful cards? No.

So, in my view, either all cards that manipulate cards on the opponent's hand should be removed from the game (or nerfed), or none. Just picking one is too biased.

1) This is true but all you have to do is save your reset card in case it does get played. Also Shilard will a lot of times hit Olaf when playing against SK. This is could be very beneficial to the SK player.

2) I wouldn't call that losing the card. You still get to play it as a big counter. That's a good thing.

I can't say exactly how good Kambi is on average. I just don't like the principal behind banishing cards from the hand or deck and Kambi is the only card that I know of that also banishes your entire turn. I don't think that kind of thing is good for the game.

Round 1? I was referring to Kambi taking your final turn of the game away. I am completely on board with changing all cards that banish from the hand or deck.

Seeing as this thread is moving beyond its original scope, it's time to merge it with the existing thread.

Ok so from now on I will use Kambi as an avatar. Just a fervent supporter of the card. Original, not op, not "deal/boost by x" like 90% of the cards......so I swear to use it in all my SK games this season. Even if it sucks when I could choose these big Svalblod beasts instead.

I do not like much to loose vs Hugeberts when I saw it coming from turn 1 round 1 and could do nothing about it. At least Kambi deals with this kind of situations... sometimes.

I should not tell it, but the power of Kambi is not even in the last round. Just push R1 and use it in R2 on dry pass to gain CA, this is the main power of Kambi, and there it is worth its 10 provs.

Top Bottom