Issue with redundant/spare cards

+
Issue with redundant/spare cards

Hi!
To get this out of the way: I am not entirely sure if this is the right forum to post this, because I don't know if things are intentional or not. So sorry if this belongs somewhere else.

So I have noticed two instances where I couldn't "find" redundant/spare cards. I will try to explain what I mean by that but first things first:

Can we please have some counter telling you how many cards you can posess in your collection of each kind? For example, instead of only displaying the card number in the top right corner make it something like "2/3" or even "2/1" if you have redundant cards of that type and also add some color coding. It would also be nice if you had some kind of overview of the spare cards. In the same train of thought and even more fundamental: How do you determine the maximum amount of a type of card you can possess? I guess the limit for bronze cards is three and for silver and gold cards it's one. But it doesn't say it anywhere in the game (or at least I am not aware of it). So bottom line: Please make the whole thing about card limits and spare cards clearer. Also as a side note: What's the whole point of being able to mill spare cards? Like, if that's actually the very one thing you can do with them, why aren't they milled straight away? Why add a pop-up message that asks you if you really want to mill those cards? Whats the purpose of this? It makes me feel like there would be some other purpose of those cards that I am missing out on if I chose to mill them. But there is none. Or am I wrong? I mean as I've already said, I can't even SEE the spare cards. I don't even know what those spare cards are. So how on earth can I be asked to irreversibly transform those cards? Maybe I want to keep some of them but I would never know.

Now about the issues:

On more than one occasion I found a card in a keg that I already had the maximum amount of. The first couple of time when it happened, I thought some kind of mistake happend because I couldn't find them in my stack. Only THEN did I realize that there is actually a limit to the amount of cards. Only now do I get that it's intentional that you can find cards that you already own the maximum amout of. This is a bit frustrating but it's the standard I guess.

The far more important issue though was when for the first time I started to craft some cards.

At this point by the way it's worth mentioning that it would be nice if the tutorial would mention what those scraps are actually for! Personaly, after I played the first couple of matches I kept getting those scraps and nowhere it said what I could use them for. I actually had to google search it. Sure, if you're curious and went to the collection before you probably figured it out. But why not have the game tell you what you can use them for? I thought the card collection was simply a library of your cards - a COLLECTION. It never crossed my mind that there was some crafting and milling mechanism hidden in there. So maybe "collcetion" isn't the perfect choice of words. Maybe rename it to something that is more indicative of the fact that you can craft and mill cards there. Which is probably the main purpose players are using the collection for.

Now back to the issue: So I chose to craft another "scorch" card since by default you alredy have one of these from the beginning as you know. I thought it would be quite usefull to have to of those. So back I went to the deck builder only to find that there wasn't any second "scorch" card to be found. So I looked at my collection again to realize that I still only had one "scorch" card in my collection. Now I know, that I can only have a single copy of this card. But I didn't know that before. It's too late now though my scraps are already gone and I could only retrieve one forth of them. So too bad. I mean this was "scorch" which doesn't cost too much. But imagine I would have went and tried to make a copy of some 800 scraps gold card. That would have seriously hurt. So here is my question: Why on earth does the game allow you to craft cards beyond the maximum amount? Why not grey out the option and have a tool tip state "you already have the maximum amount" or something? I really hope this isn't intentional. This can potentionally be very hurtful.

So yeah I think there is some ground of improvement about the spare cards to round things up.

Additionally - and I know this isn't some kind of technical problem, I just like to get it out there - I think it's quite frustrating and unfair if your income (of the ingame currencies scraps and ore) strongly depends on your opponents kindness and capriciousness. Meaning if you lose the game the only way to receive some income is having your opponent sending you a gg. This is especially frustrating if you just started playing and lose match after match after match without any income. I could only overcome this by milling the cards of all factions execpt for one and crafting some cards for the left over faction. Then I started to win some games and finally get some income to improve my collection. But I just don't think this is a good or fair system. I assume this is intentional to force you to buy cards out of frustration but that's really not a good system. So I would ask for some basic income after a game no matter if you won or lost. Maybe make it so that, if only one of the parties sends a "gg" only the opponent gets some extra income but if BOTH send a "gg" both parties get a larger amount of extra income. This would motivate the people to send out that "gg". Especially if people win I feel like right now most people couldn't care less if they send out that "gg" or not because what do they care? They've already won the pot. Having a little extra motivation could do the trick and losing wouldn't always feel like a waste of time.

Lastly chats. Are there any plans to introduce a chat system in the future? Because I had more than one occasion where I would have liked to say something to my opponent. Having basically no interaction makes it feel really stale and unhuman....

Cheers,
Mapf

All points are valid.
I'm the one who spent a lot of resources on redundant cards.

And even if chat would create a possible way for griefing, still I'd like to have one. Because as it is now I actually don't even pay attention to names of people I play with.

Top Bottom