Issues progressing through the prologue?

+
Hey there!

I'm extremely new to the Witcher franchise and CD Projekt Red titles in general, and i've run into a bit of an issue on The Witcher Enhanced Edition that I can't seem to wrap my head around and I thought there'd be no better place to ask than his haha.

Please excuse if this is just a really dumb mistake on my part, but it's very puzzling to me. I've got to the point where I'm meant to be retrieving the potion ingredients for Triss, and supposedly I need to go to the room upstairs to obtain these. I've looked at walkthroughs on YouTube as well as a few other forum posts and I can't seem to make sense of the problem I'm having. On walkthrough videos this issue doesn't seem to be there at all, and on forum posts most people are saying AARD fixes it, but it just doesn't for me.

20190819020143_1.jpg

The stairs are just broken and I can't get upstairs, and oddly my quest log says I've retrieved the "mineral" needed and to go back, but there's no additional dialogue options and I'm assuming I still have to get up there?

Any help would be appreciated as I was really enjoying the opening moments to the game and don't want my first Witcher experience to put me off playing the rest of it haha! Thanks in advance.

There are two staircases in the castle, but only one of them can be used. That screenshot is from the broken one that Geralt isn't supposed to be able to climb. You need to go through the kitchen to find the correct one.

I've made the same mistake myself, many times. The castle's layout is surprisingly confusing considering its small size. :D

Top Bottom