Issues with Gunplay with Cyberpunk

+
You guys do realize people asked just for a more beefier sound... and you came with psychological moral stuff that this game is not this, not that, cdpr is not this, not that... the sound man, make it loud, it's easy... that's all.

Games like PUBG, Escape from Tarkov, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, F.E.A.R.... all of them have an amazing satisfying sound made possible without being made by an AAA developer with millions of a budget and 20 years of development experience for the same style. CDPR needs the right consultant, that's all, they can fix this, they just have to listen. The gunplay is good, but the balance of music and gun sound is terrible, either make the music louder than anything and feel the momentum, either make the guns loud and beefy to feel the impact, right now it's to a point that you feel absolutely no satisfaction when you kill someone.

Last edited:
I don't think the criticism is fair. Games like Destiny, Doom, Battlefield and The Division are games where gunplay mechanics are front and center. There is no game without awesome gunplay mechanics. Cyberpunk is so much more than gunplay, and it cannot be awesome at everything. Cyberpunk is more focused on RPG mechanics, world building and character development. Not gunplay.
Yeah cyberpunk 2077 might be better at everything else which is good. But what's wrong in making the gunplay satisfying. Then it becomes an all-rounder
Post automatically merged:

I've made this thread on Reddit, hoping developers will see it here.

Some comparisons:

1. Gun sounds:

Standard Pistol/auto fire in 2077:

Now compare it with same type of weapon in different game/similar setting:

You can hear how "beefier" is the sound in Syndicate, with a far more bass, reverb, that audio "oomph" that gives a real sense of power ( from a gun)

2. Hit reactions also need to be massively improved:

Max Payne III had some of the best animations/hit feedback:

Now compare this with last year demo's:

V unloads entire clip into enemy's head, they are completely unprotected, and he barely flinches!

3. Ragdolls:

There is some sense of force here, but they simply "fold over" too quickly ( almost looking like they had a stroke)

I'm super satisfied with what CDPR is doing with world, rpg mechanics, and every other aspect of the game...but gunplay seems like it we be weakest link here.

Similar problem was with Witcher: it was criticized ( so much) not because it did everything poorly, but in what mattered the most ( for combat): swordplay.

And majority of players here are definitely going to be using guns: Shooters are extremely fun/popular for a simple reason: single click->instant gratification. ( through visual/audio/hit feedback)
100% agreed dude...if the combat alone made as you said, cyberpunk will be complete. (at least in my opinion/expectation)

Last edited:
I remember Killzone had good dynamics at the time. The gunshot sounds were heavy and the impacts were satisfying.

I also should mention Metro series, they had a cool thing going where ammo itself was a currency (sort of). I think that is the way to balance the firefights, give a good amount of care to how effective the bullets are, depending on location of hit, while also noticing the sounds of each gun weighed with the impact and rag-doll physics it creates.

I'd be surprised if Cyberpunk gets to the level of Fallout series when it comes to gunfights, mainly on areas effected by damage to change the way the enemy walks and goes for cover. What would be cool though, is if the enemy still fights even after being maimed.

Top Bottom