Issues with Middle East Edition

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Issues with Middle East Edition

Hi there. So I wanted to play the witcher 3 - real bad. I even built a new PC just for the occasion. But the thing is, my folks aren't exactly open to the idea of human and/or mutant naked parts whatsoever. And yeeaaah, the witcher 3 has a lot of that stuff. And since I live in the U.S., a censored copy was hardly an option. But After a small amount of research, I almost immediately assumed that my only viable option was to purchase a retail Middle East edition online, in the hopes of obtaining a legitimate censored version. And since my brother had already purchased an xbox one retail Middle East edition with no problems, I figured there was no sweating it. So that's sort of what I did. I jumped the gun and bought a copy from the United Arab Emirates at jadopado.com. And now, I'm starting to think I was a bit too hasty.

After receiving my package and installing the game via retail CD/DVD ROM, I downloaded and manually installed the1.01 patch (arabic) from play.thewitcher.com. And after launching the game and watching the opening cutscene, to my surprise - it was completely uncensored! I even tried uninstalling the game and downloading the Arabic version through GOG Galaxy - but to no avail. Am I missing something here? Is it even possible to play the censored version on a PC in the U.S.? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I think, but I'm not sure, that only certain parts were censored. So you might still see some nakedness and blood.

And this is a problem, why?

Hi there. So I wanted to play the witcher 3 - real bad. I even built a new PC just for the occasion. But the thing is, my folks aren't exactly open to the idea of human and/or mutant naked parts whatsoever. And yeeaaah, the witcher 3 has a lot of that stuff.

Basically, my family isn't in favor of sexual media, and refuse to allow any form of it in our house. So the only way I can really play it, is to play a censored version. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my first post.

Last edited:
It may be because your IP address identifies you as NOT being in the Middle East, so Gog is automatically providing you with the non-censored version. You can try Gog support, see if they can advise on how to get it.

I think, but I'm not sure, that only certain parts were censored. So you might still see some nakedness and blood.
From what I've heard, the censored version contains no real nudity with the exception of some of the monsters. And the gore might've been toned down just a tad...but oddly enough, violence doesn't seem to bother the folks that much, so violence isn't really the issue here.

---------- Updated at 02:21 PM ----------

It may be because your IP address identifies you as NOT being in the Middle East, so Gog is automatically providing you with the non-censored version. You can try Gog support, see if they can advise on how to get it.
Thanks. I'll look into this.

Last edited:

Sigh*

There's no cause to be rude, if someone wants a censored version of the game because they couldn't play it otherwise then by all means they're entitled to play. Some countries have differing views than to yours but it is impolite to be so blatantly annoyed about such a thing. Good day.

There's no cause to be rude, if someone wants a censored version of the game because they couldn't play it otherwise then by all means they're entitled to play. Some countries have differing views than to yours but it is impolite to be so blatantly annoyed about such a thing. Good day.

Assumptions is the mother of all fuckups.

I "Sighed*" because I couldn't help the poor guy any further. It's a pain in the ass when cultural boundaries prevents one from enjoying a certain version of a great game.

I contacted GOG support earlier this morning. Hopefully they can shed some light on the matter. However, it could take some time, so any further information would be fantastic. I would like to find my answer as quickly as possible.

I contacted GOG support earlier this morning. Hopefully they can shed some light on the matter. However, it could take some time, so any further information would be fantastic. I would like to find my answer as quickly as possible.
You can also skip the scenes. Though you might need some spoilers for this.

Basically, my family isn't in favor of nudity, and refuse to allow any form of it in our house. So the only way I can really play it, is to play a censored version. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my first post.

How in the world do you use a toilet or shower in your household? I can only imagine!!

I'm sorry for you man, this game shouldn't be played with any kind of censure. I can only encourage you to wait until you're out of you're home to enjoy it the way it should. If you can't wait, well, try playing while your family's away if it doesn't break any rules I might not know.

Hope you can find some sort of solution for this so you might at least enjoy some of this masterpiece.

Assumptions is the mother of all fuckups.

I "Sighed*" because I couldn't help the poor guy any further. It's a pain in the ass when cultural boundaries prevents one from enjoying a certain version of a great game.

Your first post gives the impression that nudity shouldn't be an issue when it clearly is for the OP. The assumption that you're being intolerant of someone's cultural heritage may well be based (not unfairly) on this.

I'm sorry for you man, this game shouldn't be played with any kind of censure. I can only encourage you to wait until you're out of you're home to enjoy it the way it should. If you can't wait, well, try playing while your family's away if it doesn't break any rules I might not know.

Hope you can find some sort of solution for this so you might at least enjoy some of this masterpiece.
Heh, thanks. I must say, it truely looks like a fantastic game - and if this doesn't work out, I just hope I can convince them somehow.

I'd like to remind everyone that the purpose of the thread is to help find a solution to a specific problem. Off-topic posts have been deleted, and further incidents are likely to attract the kind of censorship that you definitely DON'T want.

I contacted CD Projekt RED's support, and they responded with unfortunate news, saying that censored versions are exclusive to PS4 and Xbox One only. This thread is therefore no longer needed, and can now be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom