it feels like you pretty much make no difference in this game [Spoilers]

+
Right, I'm just confused with how that is a good thing in a video game. In a movie it would make sense and that's why to me CP2077 is basically an interactive movie and it's not a good thing.

I said exactly this weeks ago, in the suggestions sub-forum and got crucified for it.

I guess you can't really convince people wearing rose-tinted glasses to see the reality of things too early on. And now more and more players are finishing up their first playthrough, and boy do I feel fucking vindicated now.

Even worse, than that
This about sum it up?
download (63).jpg

I said exactly this weeks ago, in the suggestions sub-forum and got crucified for it.

I guess you can't really convince people wearing rose-tinted glasses to see the reality of things too early on. And now more and more players are finishing up their first playthrough, and boy do I feel fucking vindicated now.
I've been saying it from a few days after release myself and I haven't gotten too much push back personally but I've seen plenty of people trying to justify or come up with excuses for the game. There's a lot of psychological manipulation that goes into marketing such huge products and the emotional investment is too much for some people to come to terms with so they continue the charade instead of facing reality. Such people have my sympathies for the most part.
download (61).jpg

Post automatically merged:

I get it that some people enjoy this 200 hours game with no meaningful choices and which the story is about someone else and your character is put on the backseat for it, but next time CDPR, don't scam people by selling this game as an RPG, because it's not. You have a problem when Fallout 4 is more RPG than your game.
Sadly this...I hate Fallout 4 but having to admit it's a better game and more of an RPG than CP2077 stings.
download (2).gif

Sadly this...I hate Fallout 4 but having to admit it's a better game and more of an RPG than CP2077 stings.

Me: "I thought this was an rpg?"
Them: "NO! It's an action adventure!"
Them in a video: "were bringing you the next generation of roleplaying"
Me: "Wait....."
Them: "We told you 736 years ago, it's an ACTION ADVENTURE!!!"
Me: "I know, but the video is from last week and the dev said....."
Them: "OUR MARKETING GUYS TOLD YOU 736 YEARS AGO! IT'S ACTION ADVENTURE!!!"
Me: :facepalm:

Relax, it's a linear visual drama in genre of criminal arthouse with trash and kitsch elements)

No they told you through marketing it was a deep "next gen" RPG, then changed it less than a month out, i believe, to Action/Adventure, which i believe was the right call since it most definitely is no RPG let alone "next gen" one.

How ppl take that is upto them, i personally have no time to sit and piss, moan, bitch, cry liar liar an in some cases harass and threaten ppl and devs online over what is at the end of the day nothing but a game.

I was disappointed sure, frustrated definitely but ultimately still enjoyed what was offered which will change from person to person and understandably so, but again, for me, not to the extent some go.

I gotto movies, can pay alot more for it depending on who i take, an come out hella disappointed in a movie that was nothing like i thought it be and there marketing done a great job covering it, but i go "bah that was shit" and simply move on.

I've bought many games that turn out "not as advertised" and go "bah shit" and move on.

Shit happens and will continue to do so long after im gone, i can either sit and bitch about how everyones a lying SOB bstrd out for my money or i can just accept the fact sometimes i win and sometimes i lose and find the "thing" that does work for me

Good point. CDPR did change the description of CP2077 on Twitter to "Open World Action Adventure" but also continued to describe it or talk as if it were an RPG in other communications. I tried to argue that they deserve credit for being open about it not being an RPG at a certain point but as you point out, different people were saying different things, sending mixed messages and so I was wrong to give them credit in that regard.

Seems like their various teams and divisions have no idea what the other is doing just like when the Twitter team was guaranteeing the release leading people to take their vacation days only to find out the Twitter team didn't have the right information.

It feels like nothing we do matters with this game indeed.

download (64).jpg

Those are the only times it happens.
there are plenty more.. people here just tend to overreact.. like not so long ago somebody claimed that weather system in this game doesnt allow for rain or sandstorm except for few "hardcoded" missions... Yet, i have experienced sandstorms in this game several times already...

and i love that, not sure it was on purpose but most games you are the centre of the universe and the entire universe is your playground while in this you are just fighting to stay alive, doesnt matter who you kill not much changes, nightcity swallows you up and its a great feeling because it makes the storyline feel more personal
I think there's this sort of catch-22 because while it's great that the world doesn't revolve around your character, at the same time, when you really try to immerse yourself in the world it gets very limited. You don't get the sense that many of the major events taking place actually affect it -
i.e. whether you kill the leaders of the VDBs or not
and even Arasaka lacks a sense of presence despite them supposedly being so powerful - or even when you're building reputation, that mainly just unlocks stuff you can buy. It has no truly organic effect on the underworld, etc. itself.

Top Bottom