It is so very weird that NPCs have way better clothing options than V does

+
One of the things I really enjoy playing open world, everything is lootable, role playing games is the ability to look awesome saving the world (or yourself)

I've played this game since day 1 and I have to say I am pretty disappointed that NPCs look more dapper than we do.

Case in point, I ran into an NPC last night that boggled me. What she was wearing was proof positive that CDPR has an awesome assortment of clothing available but we get stuck with various levels of the same gear. For example, this NPC was wearing a brown and orange tweed plaid skirt. The texture and pattern was actual tweed and I knew 100% someone on CDPR Dev team took a lot of time to design this. Hell, even her ribbed tights were highly textured (see screenshot...i didn't kill her she was dead when I got there :)

If Devs put so much care into these graphical creations, why are we stuck with balloon pants, cargo jeans, corp pants, hot pants, and uneven pencil skirts?

Is there a technical reason why V doesn't get these options? I really think we only have access to about 35 to 40% of the wardrobe out there. Is there something in the coding that allows NPCs to wear them and not us?

While we're on this topic...what ever happen to the latex/metallic cyber skin options? Were those cut from the game intentionally or was it never intended for us to do that?

Attachments

• NPCWardrobeExample.jpg
    NPCWardrobeExample.jpg
    972.4 KB · Views: 442

Icinix

Forum veteran
Yeah - there is also some things where having a netrunner suit and then a pair of shorts or a skirt over the top keeps the leggings look with the netrunner suit for a brief moment and you're hoping it glitches out and keeps it - but alas.

There were some netrunners dressed like secret agents and god what i'd give to wear that too. Here's to hoping they'll add more rad clothing in the future along with transmog so i can wear what i want with nice stats. :sad:

i'm really hoping we get a mod in the future that unlocks ALL clothing in the files and then giving us the option to transmog our favorite outfit.

Or have CDPR do it officially

I think when we find clothes we like, we are supposed to upgrade them in order to keep them. But it hasn't worked out that way. I, like many players, simply dump the old clothes when we find ones with (much) higher armor. I bet most players, like me, are wearing clothes that are so mismatched we look like clowns.

Guest 3847602

Yeah, regular clothes are kinda ugly, but legendary armour sets are beautiful:

Similar situation to TW3 and random drop vs witcher gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think when we find clothes we like, we are supposed to upgrade them in order to keep them. But it hasn't worked out that way. I, like many players, simply dump the old clothes when we find ones with (much) higher armor. I bet most players, like me, are wearing clothes that are so mismatched we look like clowns.
Problem with this is upgrades get progressively more expensive to the point where you end up just waiting to eventually (hopefully) find a higher-specced version of the same thing.

One of the things I really enjoy playing open world, everything is lootable, role playing games is the ability to look awesome saving the world (or yourself)

I've played this game since day 1 and I have to say I am pretty disappointed that NPCs look more dapper than we do.

Case in point, I ran into an NPC last night that boggled me. What she was wearing was proof positive that CDPR has an awesome assortment of clothing available but we get stuck with various levels of the same gear. For example, this NPC was wearing a brown and orange tweed plaid skirt. The texture and pattern was actual tweed and I knew 100% someone on CDPR Dev team took a lot of time to design this. Hell, even her ribbed tights were highly textured (see screenshot...i didn't kill her she was dead when I got there :)

If Devs put so much care into these graphical creations, why are we stuck with balloon pants, cargo jeans, corp pants, hot pants, and uneven pencil skirts?

Is there a technical reason why V doesn't get these options? I really think we only have access to about 35 to 40% of the wardrobe out there. Is there something in the coding that allows NPCs to wear them and not us?

While we're on this topic...what ever happen to the latex/metallic cyber skin options? Were those cut from the game intentionally or was it never intended for us to do that?

Clearly one person, skilled in fashion design and gifted with cyberpunk imagination was entrusted with the job of creating the NPC wardrobe options and another person, lamentably the opposite was assigned to make V's clothing.

Top Bottom