It still baffles me to this day how much of a failure this game has been

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
CDPR: Let's make all of these amazing assets that people will love

Also CDPR: let's also make it so the player can't wear any of the clothing, customize any of the cars, use any of the NPC hairstyles

Examples:

NPC: Has dual holster for pistols

Jackie Welles: Dual wielding pistols

Player: No holster, no dual wielding

Gun: Has slots in game data for receiver, barrel, scope, magazines, muzzle

CDPR: you get a few shitty "mods" that barely improve weapon performance. Oh yea some guns support mods, but you can't attach them. Also, NPCs get mods that you don't, like Phantom

Fallout 4 (2015): Hold my beer

Guns: Has a bunch of great skins

Game: Has palette tinting system

CDPR: You have to repeatedly kill enemies to get the gun skin you want and the inventory icons don't actually tell you what color it is

Skyrim from 10 years ago: Has 3D inventory system

Cyberpunk, a game in development for 8 years: *cries in icons*

GTA 5 (2013): *has working traffic, crime system, and no permadeath*

Cyberpunk: Let's throw 5 cops at the player and call it good

Also Cyberpunk: Oh, the player left their car in the middle of the road! That's not a crime, traffic will just sit there and beep

Also Cyberpunk, again: Oh yea, the distant traffic isn't even comprised of LOD models. Distant traffic is now S P R I T E S, because we can't optimize the engine

Indie developer: Sucks it up and uses Unreal Engine, finds success, has amazing game

CDPR: We could have licensed Unreal Engine, but we didn't, so here's 30% of a game we spent 8 years on

Who wants me to keep ripping this game apart? Worst $60 I ever spent. I preordered too, and withheld my right to a refund in good faith. That was a mistake.

Guest 4564903

It was in development for around four years and not eight.

While the police system in Cyberpunk 2077 is not what they said it would be it really does not need a GTA5 style system, lets face it GTA 5 is a great laugh but it is not a serious game, messing with civilians and the police is one of the biggest things its got.

I'm glad they did not use the Unreal Engine, the game looks amazing and the city is so detailed.

There are so many cars in the game you can own, customizing does not seem that important because of that.

I suppose at the end of the day most things are subjective, for me picking up the game after patch 2.0 for a reduced price, playing on a high end rig and using a lot of mods the only problem I have with the game is the remaining bugs and glitches, as long as they fix them I honestly don't care about a police system that I never encounter as I don't feel the need to kill random NPC's. I don't care about things that are not in the game as I play not just this but all games for what they are and not what they could or should have been.

I'm not hvaing a go at your opinions, you are damn well entitled to them and get why you are upset and its a pity as I wish everyone was having as much fun as I am with this game and if CDPR had kept to their word and optimized the game properly that would be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom