Italian localization and voice acting

+
With voice acting: Polish, English, German, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese.
Text only: Italian, Latin American Spanish, Hungarian, Czech, Traditional Chinese, Arabaic."

I BEG YOU, all best games have italian voice acting, please don't leave us back, this game is a dream coming true, give us the full experience!
I will pay the double for it, pleeeasseee.....

With voice acting: Polish, English, German, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese.
Text only: Italian, Latin American Spanish, Hungarian, Czech, Traditional Chinese, Arabaic."

I BEG YOU, all best games have italian voice acting, please don't leave us back, this game is a dream coming true, give us the full experience!
I will pay the double for it, pleeeasseee.....
In high doubt something like that is ever going to happen. Praise your spirit though

In high doubt something like that is ever going to happen. Praise your spirit though
Why do you think is so hard to happen?
We have all Bethesda games voice acted, all Activision's, EA games, Blizzard, and many other.....
Few years ago Italian was one of the Multi4 languages, the most of commercial games where translated.

Blizzard/activision and EA are a tad larger than CD Project, and have some efficiencies of scale working for them. for instance they can have 10+ games out a year which means they can have full time translators working for which ever studio needs them and won't be lying fallow most of the time.

CD project on the other had aren't even a one a year sized publisher yet (and perhaps don't want to be) and so have to allocate resources on an ad hock basis for what something specifically needs. While Italian is clearly on of the big 4 lanaguages for the EU it may just fall by the way side as extra money they don't have.

sv3672

Forum veteran
I do not think it is necessarily a matter of the size of the studio, CDPR is not exactly small nowadays, and if the above information is correct, the game is already voiced in 10 languages (TW2 and TW3 were in 7), while I see recent Activision and Ubisoft titles on Steam in 8 voiced languages, so the number is not behind other AAA releases. Perhaps the market demand for Italian voice acting is just not deemed high enough to be worth the costs, but it also varies by developer which languages they support.

I do not think it is necessarily a matter of the size of the studio, CDPR is not exactly small nowadays, and if the above information is correct, the game is already voiced in 10 languages (TW2 and TW3 were in 7), while I see recent Activision and Ubisoft titles on Steam in 8 voiced languages, so the number is not behind other AAA releases. Perhaps the market demand for Italian voice acting is just not deemed high enough to be worth the costs, but it also varies by developer which languages they support.
I guess you centered the point, indeed i was hoping to leverage the good ethics of CDPR that we all know.
Anyway... i'm shure that this game will be the new milestone of its kind, the sales will be far more higher than costs.

Last edited:
I'm from Italy too but I don't feel the urge to have this title voice acting translated.

Let's face it: you need really good voice actors to make it good and for this very reason I'm done with dubbed movies and TV shows and prefer instead origial voice acting with subtitles. That way you can enjoy the voice and acting of the characters like they are intended to be in the first place and not have voice avting that is close to original.
Add to that that the translations can be inaccurate or clunky or sloppy: take a look at high budget movies, some dialogues are really cringeworthy.

So while I understand where you are coming from I'd rather like a good english version of the game instead of an immersion breaking italian one.

The paperweork, if any at all, I'd like to have it translated though.

I already have issues with the voice acting in the english version, i'd rather stick with one problem instead of having it on multiple versions. but, well, thats me being me, i hope your wish will be herad. Doesnt really change anything foir me and more power to you (y)

I'm from Italy too but I don't feel the urge to have this title voice acting translated.

Let's face it: you need really good voice actors to make it good and for this very reason I'm done with dubbed movies and TV shows and prefer instead origial voice acting with subtitles. That way you can enjoy the voice and acting of the characters like they are intended to be in the first place and not have voice avting that is close to original.
Add to that that the translations can be inaccurate or clunky or sloppy: take a look at high budget movies, some dialogues are really cringeworthy.

So while I understand where you are coming from I'd rather like a good english version of the game instead of an immersion breaking italian one.

The paperweork, if any at all, I'd like to have it translated though.
You are talking like you aready know that the translation will be bad.
On the last games i played like Destiny, Tomb Raider, Far Cry, the voice acting is perfect.... i love it and i'm shure that i'm not the only one.

A very huge THANK YOU to CDPR for dubbing this game in our language!!! We LOVE YOU!
Just preordered the game in gog.com ;)

Top Bottom