Items disappearing in New Game + in 1.10

+

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
Items disappearing in New Game + in 1.10

Some of you have reported items and schematics disappearing after 1.10. The issue will apply to DLC items in New Game +. We are working on a fix and will roll it out as soon as possible. In the meantime please hold on to your saves from before the patch.

The affected DLCs:
Temerian Armor Set
Beard and Hairstyle Set
Nilfgaardian Armor Set
New Quest - "Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear"
New Quest - "Contract: Skellige's Most Wanted"
Elite Crossbow Set
Skellige Armor Set
New Quest - "Where the Cat and Wolf Play..."

For those interested in a more technical explanation the issue is related to re-balancing of items and their stats in NG+. The changes were applied in 1.10 to game files referring to the items. However, DLCs could not yet be patched in 1.10 (this is due to the game's builds' structure, which requires a new DLC patching system on which we are currently working).

Edited 2015/10/09, 21:25:
Steam hotfix has just been released, the other pc platforms will follow shortly.

Edited 2015/10/10, 00:58:
The update on GOG is available in the form of a new DLC pack.

Edited 2015/10/11, 17:57:
The Origin hotfix was released on 09.10 as well. If you don't have it yet, open "View Game Details" and make sure you have all DLCs installed. Additionally, try using "Repair Game" option.

Last edited:
I installed the 1.10 patch, loaded my NG+ save and... my saddlebags and Wolven Gear (armor, swords) disappeared! :eek:

I'm in Novigrad now, playing on PS4. Fix this please. Thanks

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
I installed the 1.10 patch, loaded my NG+ save and... my saddlebags and Wolven Gear (armor, swords) disappeared! :eek:

I'm in Novigrad now, playing on PS4. Fix this please. Thanks

Please make sure to not overwrite your last save from before the update.

Just to be sure I fully understand. I can load the save and create new saves as long as I don't overwrite my last 1.08. The new 1.10 saves I create will be patched when the issue is resolved as long as the 1.08 save still exists? I won't need to actually return to that 1.08 save when the fix is implemented, losing any progress made between now and when the fix is released, correct?

I dont think that's what he meant at all... I'm not sure your not just trolling, but I think you should just wait for the patch fix before playing on. I don't think the fix can retroactively add items to your inventory if you have saved a game where they are missing.

Just to be sure I fully understand. I can load the save and create new saves as long as I don't overwrite my last 1.08. The new 1.10 saves I create will be patched when the issue is resolved as long as the 1.08 save still exists? I won't need to actually return to that 1.08 save when the fix is implemented, losing any progress made between now and when the fix is released, correct?

I'm counting on the fix being release within the next hours. From what I understood, the 1.08 save is the one we'll be needing. I might be wrong.

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED

No. I'm afraid we cannot ensure the items will re-appear if you progress without them in 1.10. I'm asking you to keep your 1.08 save in case it is necessary to return to it to get your gear or schematics back.

i'm in my first run, NOT NG+. if i load and play my savefile, the item will still disappear? or it's confirmed it's a NG+ issue only?

Vinthir

CD PROJEKT RED
It's an NG+ issue only, on your first playthrough you shouldn't experience this problem. If you want to make sure load your save and see if your DLC items are still there :)

Oh, that is unfortunate. In that case, I hope the fix comes soon. I was hoping to level up my New Game+ character for the expansion over the weekend.

It's not only that DLC or NG+ Items are gone. When I loaded my NG+Save-File, all of my Horse Equipment was gone, too. Saddle, Saddlebag and Blinder were gone. Playing on PS4.

Last edited:
Any idea on a timeline for this fix? I would really love to be able to play on my day off today...

EDIT: Or could we possibly get reverted to the old patch until this gets sorted out?

Last edited:
Top Bottom