Ithlinne question

+
Ithlinne question

After the patch, i have plenty of scraps. I'm missing only 5 neutral golds and 4 golds for my NR deck, so i was thinking of crafting a couple of ST golds. I have Zoltan, Saskia, Saskia-dragon and Aglais. Is Ithlinne worth crafting for a non weather spamming deck?

I run her in dwarves for double immune boost/tbolt. I rarely use her for FL > Rally to FL > CS, but it's acceptable for some situations. Double Tremors is also very powerful if you get good value. In general a double spell play can be strong. So yes, she is worth it. You just need to run the right spells since she hands over 4 pts. So something like alzurs only makes her a 10 pt gold. It's only worth it to nuke 2 important opponent units, and only if it kills them.

So... short answer yes. Long winded answer, it depends. If your deck isn't spell cancer or uses strong power bronze spells then maybe not.

Ithline is good in most ST decks ImO, because she's extremely versatile. WHen you run her, just having one bronze spell as a tech card against a specific type of threat and you cast it twice. She's often worth at least 20 points, sometimes far more than that.

Looks like i'll have to craft her then. It's not that any of the other ST golds are very appealing, sadly ( well, Milva looks interesting ). Maybe i should worry more about silvers. Besides NR, where i crafted most of them, i have relatively few silvers in general ( neutral, ST etc ). Thanks for the tips.

I liked Milva in the CB, but with all the changes made to both the condition for her to work (no longer possible to get card advantage, for example) and the awful lack of non buffed card that have a chance to be the highest value on your board without being buffed AND that you want to replay is hurting her a lot. PRetty much the only way to play her easily is in dwarf decks, using her to pull back denis cranmer and play him a third time, or to reset the resilience of a resilient unit that was locked/played last round.

Zefyris;n8976010 said:
I liked Milva in the CB, but with all the changes made to both the condition for her to work (no longer possible to get card advantage, for example) and the awful lack of non buffed card that have a chance to be the highest value on your board without being buffed AND that you want to replay is hurting her a lot. PRetty much the only way to play her easily is in dwarf decks, using her to pull back denis cranmer and play him a third time, or to reset the resilience of a resilient unit that was locked/played last round.

I'm not familiar with the CB. I understand that the dwarf deck is the strongest, but i want to make an elf deck or a mix of elfs and dwarves. I was thinking that if you have average strength units and the opponent has at least one or two super buffed units, Milva could be a good card for the last round. I don't know, it's just a theory for the time being. I have to play a ST/Milva deck to try it out.

Ithline is not that good atm imo. Since the most of others are just bad it may seem as a solid choice(and will work just fine), if you got all of the desired neutrals. Otherwise id suggest spending dust elsewhere since there are only 4 golden cards you could run in the deck, 2 of which being kind of staple (Zoltan and Saskia), you may want to run something more valuable (renew/regis/gigni). Schirru is a fine alternative choice if you run into lots of unit stacking archetypes(discard/weather sk, weater/mulligan st, reveal/tempo ng, unit stacking variations of nr), but he kind of requires more setup and can backfire sometimes if not used correctly)

If you're going for elves I'd try some type of ambush/mulligan or control/mulligan. A mix of both where you rely on Toruvial/Aelrinn and either Vanguards/various tempo options/control as win conditions are stronger than some people think. Operator can also be effective with Vanguards and mulligan. The best approach is to just try stuff out.

Raskei;n8983830 said:
Ithline is not that good atm imo. Since the most of others are just bad it may seem as a solid choice(and will work just fine), if you got all of the desired neutrals. Otherwise id suggest spending dust elsewhere since there are only 4 golden cards you could run in the deck, 2 of which being kind of staple (Zoltan and Saskia), you may want to run something more valuable (renew/regis/gigni). Schirru is a fine alternative choice if you run into lots of unit stacking archetypes(discard/weather sk, weater/mulligan st, reveal/tempo ng, unit stacking variations of nr), but he kind of requires more setup and can backfire sometimes if not used correctly)

Since i already have Zoltan and Saskia and plenty of neutral golds ( Renew+Regis vampire+Igni which i use atm are very good ), looks like i don't have to bother with crafting ST golds for now, which is sad. I kind of see why some people complain about the neutral golds. I guess i should focus on silvers.
I don't like Schirru very much. Most of the times i'm able to play around him. I mean, he's so obvious: "hello, in case you didn't know, i have a scorch"! The only times Schirru is good, is when the opponent plays him in a previous round and you snatch him with Renew. ;)

Restlessdingo32;n8984340 said:
If you're going for elves I'd try some type of ambush/mulligan or control/mulligan. A mix of both where you rely on Toruvial/Aelrinn and either Vanguards/various tempo options/control as win conditions are stronger than some people think. Operator can also be effective with Vanguards and mulligan. The best approach is to just try stuff out.

I'm a little confused about what "control" is. Is it playing lots of special cards in general or is it weather spamming? I despise weather as it is ( as simple as Gwent was in W3, the weather made more sense ) and besides Dethmold, i don't use weather cards myself ( i only used RNR for a while, when i didn't have better golds ).

bilbo.baggins;n8985040 said:
Since i already have Zoltan and Saskia and plenty of neutral golds ( Renew+Regis vampire+Igni which i use atm are very good ), looks like i don't have to bother with crafting ST golds for now, which is sad. I kind of see why some people complain about the neutral golds. I guess i should focus on silvers.
I don't like Schirru very much. Most of the times i'm able to play around him. I mean, he's so obvious: "hello, in case you didn't know, i have a scorch"! The only times Schirru is good, is when the opponent plays him in a previous round and you snatch him with Renew. ;)

I'm a little confused about what "control" is. Is it playing lots of special cards in general or is it weather spamming? I despise weather as it is ( as simple as Gwent was in W3, the weather made more sense ) and besides Dethmold, i don't use weather cards myself ( i only used RNR for a while, when i didn't have better golds ).

Hmm, I'd describe control as anything done with the intent to upset the opponent side of the board. So, killing important units they need to secure a round win, locking them down, denying rows, etc. In other words, you try to dictate what is played and when, and their decisions. Once popular decks are established it becomes fairly effective. So mulligan/control runs mulligan units with control units, like trappers/DB archers/etc.

Weather qualifies... It could be argued it's often superior to units in many cases. I continue to dislike the weather mechanic changes from CB to OB partially for this reason. I've steered clear of ST Spell spam because of it. Well, that and ST Spell has too many counters. The only reason that deck works is people play against it wrong, don't carry counters for it or get a bad draw.

bilbo.baggins;n8985040 said:
I don't like Schirru very much. Most of the times i'm able to play around him. I mean, he's so obvious: "hello, in case you didn't know, i have a scorch"! The only times Schirru is good, is when the opponent plays him in a previous round and you snatch him with Renew.
He is sort of tricky, but can be devastating if played as a last say and may also force opponents to misplay while trying to play around it. It is also awesome in utilising Operator's garbage and/or unused/useless spells later into the game. Still not the best option ofc))

I've thought about it and i think i'm going to craft her anyway. I have a little over 6400 scraps and i want to collect all the cards, eventually. First priority though, is crafting some cards to, finally, build my Radovid's Circus deck! ( top on the list Priscilla and Bekker's mirror )

Top Bottom