It's fine on my PC

+
r5 3600 at 4.45ghz with rtx 2060 oc to 2115mhz core 7800 memory. 32gb 3333mhz 1666flck ram settings on cl 15 timings.
bc my ram isn't 100% stable i do get the occasional memory error that causes a crash, but that's on me bc I don't wanna change my oc.
high settings with some on med/low/off (like mirror quality bc rt reflections are on. watched jayztwocents and ltt explain the best settings. i followed those for the most part))
all rtx options on except lights
dlss balanced (in nvidia settings i have dsr 3x, smoothing 35%)
getting fps in the 80s but capped at 77 for a smoother experience.

game is wonderful and runs very well, was worried after all I had read online. but, i'm glad i got it. enjoy, everyone.
edit: running 1440p*155hz refresh, forgot to say that.

Source for that claim? It seems to be more a case that you are enjoying the game on your PC, so that's all that matters. Bugs aside, the game has clearly been hastily cut and stitched together and is far from complete. This just looks like yet another excuse for PC users to mistake the power of the hardware they own for personal achievement. Aside from the fancy graphics that everyone was expecting to be downgraded on console (and are, to the point of looking sub par in comparison to other games on the hardware), what is it about the game that is so complex that the poor old consoles can't hope to compete? Why is the forum full of PC users having issues? Or is their hardware, despite meeting the minimum requirements, not good enough in your eyes?

I answered that here .

and other places in other ways if you read my history. Also gave my opinion on why not to support low end PC hardware and last gen consoles.

Post automatically merged:

Thank you all, what a nice surprise to see a nest of reasonable replies! Unexpected!

I agree it is nice to to see here. So much of what I consider misplaced rage in the technical pc area.

Wish they had spent the past 5 years working on W4 with Ciri replacing Geralt.

I vote this but with a change player character with very long Ciri romance arc .

Last edited:
I'm running an I9 7900x at 4400mhz, 32g ram, EVGA XC3 ultra RTX 3090, with the game running on an NvME drive, and like several pc users here my issues with the game have been far less than apparently what console users are dealing with. The issues I've run into are cars spawning half submerged in the ground, a few T pose NPCs, and really poor AI dealing with driving and traffic. Several times I've seen cars seeming to explode in the distance and fly in the sky. I assume this is them spawning on top of each others or bad collisions. I've also had NPCS talking over the top of others multiple times but nothing really game breaking. Since 1.04 I haven't had any crashes either.

Performance wise it does ok. With buying the 3090 I was hoping to run it with full RTX and all the bells and whistles at 60fps, but that's not the case. With everything maxed ( except motion blur, film grain, and chromatic ab off because I dislike those effects) at 4k with DLSS on Quality the game runs in the low 30fps range. If I turn DLSS to balanced, and turned down cascading shadows down to medium I can run it in the low 50fps range which is acceptable for me. If I turn RTX off all together and turn everything else back to max and DLSS quality I can get around 90fps so it is possible to dial in a high fps if I want to.

As for the game itself I give big props for the story, and setting. Very enjoyable for me. However bugs aside there are areas where it just doesn't hold up to todays standards. The AI's driving is really sub par. The fact that I can park a car on the sidewalk with half of my left side tires hanging off the curb and the AI is completely unable to navigate around that and back up for a block or two seems to illustrate this well. The AI in general is a bit of a mixed bag. It will have moments that shine, and then the next moment do something that seems totally braindead. There does feel like there is a lot that is still missing from the game compared to how developers described it in the past. Hopefully we will see that remedied in upcoming updates. I've rambled enough

Top Bottom