It's happening :D

+
So a question... What is Cloud Save Backup? I see it on my GOG launcher. Does the game save files save to somewhere in the cloud and not on my Hard drive?

Yes. That is exactly what it is. The benefit is that you could even swap out your computer to a different one, install the game again, and the download the save from cloud to continue where you left off.

The negative is that it is possible to have a discrepancy between local and cloud saves if you for example forcibly close the game (due to power outage for example), and you may lose a bit of progress if youre not careful which save is the more recent one.

The negative is that it is possible to have a discrepancy between local and cloud saves
OK so given this scenario, I play the game for an hour, then I save and quit the game shut my PC down.
Is there different saves cloud vs local? If so, do I get to choose which happens? Do we know if the game has the auto save at certain points (like upon sleep save game or on fast travel save game) do we know that yet?

OK so given this scenario, I play the game for an hour, then I save and quit the game shut my PC down.
Is there different saves cloud vs local? If so, do I get to choose which happens? Do we know if the game has the auto save at certain points (like upon sleep save game or on fast travel save game) do we know that yet?

If you let the game to shut down normally like its supposed to, there shouldn't be any discrepancies. What I described happens only when there is some kind of issue (like a power outage I mentioned). And even then, there is only a problem is you accidentally load an older save instead of a later one.

Overall, cloud saves are a positive thing. (also you need internet connection)

VirusTotal shows Cyberpunk exe was created in 2071

1607356474881.png

Yay, it's going ... Phew, I was just getting concerned! My internet is a bit variable, so I have to allow some time for it. Thanks :mad:

So a question... What is Cloud Save Backup? I see it on my GOG launcher. Does the game save files save to somewhere in the cloud and not on my Hard drive?
Your game saves on your PC. After you quit the game that save game file gets automatically uploaded to the GOG servers. If you uninstall the game, then install it again with the same account, your save file will still be there. ;)

Top Bottom