Its hard to read anything on TV

+
Its hard to read anything on TV

I am playing on PS4, using a quite big TV. But it is impossible, to read anything, because the letters are way to small. If I want to see, what I currently picked up, I have to stand up and run to the TV.
If I want to read a quest or Item description - yep, jog to the TV and study...
It would be nice to have a scale option - VERY nice!

They status quo is destroying my fun on playing the game, {I am on a bad mood since I started the game yesterday}

edit: {} translation: I am astonished, how much it influences the immersion, because there is lots of interesting stuff to read, and this is part of the game experience.....

Last edited:
I don't understand your "bad mood", you're actually playing the game while the vast majority of us are still waiting. You'll pardon me for not shedding a tear for you.
That's like saying "it's OK that they sold you a car without a steering wheel, at least you have a car". The part that he got it early is completely irrelevant to the matter at hand.

That's like saying "it's OK that they sold you a car without a steering wheel, at least you have a car". The part that he got it early is completely irrelevant to the matter at hand.

Yes, it was. And if anyone else thinks that it's an acceptable way of responding, expect to see a moderator when you turn round.

@merano - there's been others mentioning the same thing, so I think it's probably been brought to the devs attention.

Dear dev team, I just want you not to forget this problem. You have put so much work in the lore - sign post descriptions, books, quest descriptions, that its a shame, that all this will past by unseen by lots of gamers, because its to hard to read the small letters.
Once a day I walk to my TV an look surprised at the items I collected - but even in front of my TV letters and books are no fun to read because of bad contrast and reader unfriendly formatting....

Playing on a 50" Samsung and it's a pain having to get close, just to read my books I've collected or Alchemy screen.

I'm playing on a 46" plasma TV, sitting about 10 feet away. The following items are difficult to read: Buff Timers, Dialogue Subtitles, Loot Window, Loot Notifications, Pretty much ALL of the HUD interface other than the Quest Tracker Window.

Scalable HUD Font would be great, heck, an additional 25% would do the trick for most.

TIA

The Font does need improvement, but for me, since I play on PC monitor, I would love the Tracked Quests Font thats under the minimap to be smaller. But for TV, yea, the normal font in books, and subtitles needs to be larger.

Maybe the font can be modded, to add custom fonts and sizes, color? Is there any info on this yet?

I think this is because CDPR is a PC developer and don't have the necessary console (TV) experience.

But I am sure they'll fix it in future patches.

play on my 55 inch sony on pc and perfect as well. Granted my eyes are probaly 6 feet from screen so if you on a couch 10 ft + and have bad vision i can see you might have a problem.

Fonts dont need to be adjusted, i would recommend having it adjustable as most dont have 20/10 vision and or play way to far away from their screens

I really hope the change is optional, but it's consoles so I worry :/, for me the text is fine and in many cases I wish I could remove it. Animals are a big one, the joy of seeing rabbits running around is lost when I see text pop up above them. and would like if they could tone down the range when you see NPC names.

I had the same problem when I first started playing, and I have perfect eyesight.
Then I sat closer to the TV. Problem solved.

I am playing on PS4, using a quite big TV. But it is impossible, to read anything, because the letters are way to small. If I want to see, what I currently picked up, I have to stand up and run to the TV.
If I want to read a quest or Item description - yep, jog to the TV and study...
It would be nice to have a scale option - VERY nice!

They status quo is destroying my fun on playing the game, {I am on a bad mood since I started the game yesterday}

edit: {} translation: I am astonished, how much it influences the immersion, because there is lots of interesting stuff to read, and this is part of the game experience.....

So it's CDPR's fault you're sitting too far away?

Facepalm.

Top Bottom