It's really dissapointing.

+
for some reason i can't delete my message completely so ill leave this :beer:

Last edited:
I've played 50 hrs so far and have not finished the story.
I think Side quests are average compared to the Witcher 3.
I mean I have no historical concept of what the Cyberpunk world is
what a waste to build this and not tell the background story.
Its really ironic because they had constant communication with Pondsmith and yet
they did a better job in TW3 without Sapkowski's direction, making THREE games
after the books successfully expanding such a complex world with well-written and consistent characters.

over here the majority of side quests are gigs, and there are so few opportunities to learn
about this world.
4 corporate wars, the net hack or whatever (mentioned by Nix)
I want to know more.

And for christ sake, Aerondight doesn't feel earned. In TW3 you had to prove yourself,
over here you can just abuse the broken crafting system to get infinite money.
Not that I needed to do that because I already got 50 street cred easily and had collected enough money by then.

Also combat really falls off at around level 20 where I found this insane blue revolver that crits for 13k in the head.
Didn't really care for stealth gameplay after that. I've literally used this revolver from 20-27 Big issue!

phillip, i get that you've suddenly decided to turn back the clock, back to the olden days, when games were never buggy and justice ruled the streets, but is it really the best place or time?

I expressed the point on that turned back clock, simply to point out actually what you missed. Games were buggy then companies and gamers suffered for it. And where did justice ever rule the streets? In a comic book maybe. And maybe my choice of content was ill-fated, but it begets me to believe you ignored many points.

And I stand by my said statement that they attempted too much with ill proper focus. Many of us see that, at least from this thread. If maybe 1 or 2 items that were attempted and "failed" were removed to shift focus to other areas that was seen lacking in, then quite honestly this may have been diamond in the rough. It still has that potential. I think it is, we are clamoring to figure out "how" they plan or "if" they can make this better.

@r4zm remember, you tell a man to stand in the corner and not think of a white elephant they will think of the white elephant.

I agree with everything you said. Many people argue that all of us had just big expectations (eh not really) but it's 2020 and I think there's this "core" expectation from a game with this set price.
People love to compare games, which I never do cause is just doesn't make sense. Like with Witcher 3, yeah, many people loved it, and so did I because what, I played it like what...4-5 years ago? There wasn't bigger game (both story wise and gameplay wise) before, well maybe there was but you're getting my point. The problem with Wticher 3 is though...it's a game made from a book, so the core story was already there. With Cyberpunk, they had to create a whole believable world with charactes and a story from scratch (I guess?). But what I'm trying to say...since then I've played many open world games with a better RPG system than with Cyberpunk, that's why is it so easy to compare and make people feel let down, sure...if this game came out few years back, then yup, everyone would be happy. But as I said, for a game in 2020, with such a HUGE propagation it's a big let down.
As you said, shooting is probably the best thing in this game (and the story, but I find some parts also a bit meh-ish).
Many of you also love the music...me personally not so much, but it has a Punk in the game's name so that's maybe why (many radios sound the same to me, I like like 3 stations and I feel like they're playing 4 songs all over again). I really wish there was some oldies station, like 90's 80's, it would fit the world really well cause even it's 2077, it feels in some way like before 2020. Regarding music, I really don't like the same music start playing when I'm in action, aka shooting, hacking and cutting everyones' heads.
NPC's feel odd, yeah. But I don't mind I guess? I never mind NPScs on other open world games, mostly because there were from 3rd person's view so I mostly focused on my character amd where I am going, but I understand from 1st person's views it gets more noticeable. And it gets more noticeable when you're walking from point A to point B which is like...200m apart (or less) and you meet the same looking NPC 10 times (yeah, I'm speaking about you, you old white suit wearing asian looking lady -.- ).
It's also a linear story to me, I don't mind a linear stories at all, wish it was advertised differently then.
I also could say even more but I think I already said enough, also sorry fo my english.

It is disappointing on many levels.

Open worlds don’t seem to be CDPR’s forte.

Should’ve made it hub based and focus on making those hubs interesting and varied. Leave these huge open areas, that didn’t really work in Witcher either away. I’d bet the game would be better for it.

TW3 is a great openworld rpg...but cyberpunk 2077 doesn't feel like a game CDPR made....

Top Bottom