It's the Season of Magic!

+

Reality is so terribly tedious... let the Season of Magic begin!

Put the swords aside and open your spell books – in this month’s seasonal mode, whenever you play a special card, you will also cast a copy of it.

Season of Magic will last until Friday, June 28th, 10 AM CEST.

Could do some interesting things in this mode... hmm.

Bombs! Lots and lots of bombs. I might actually try and build a deck like that. :D

DRK3

Forum veteran
Only tried this new seasonal mode for like 10 matches, before i got tired of seeing Francescas, then Ardals...

I dont think this seasonal will be as balanced as last month's, it favours too much certain factions in detriment of the others.

If people play well this is basically whoever goes 1st in round 1 is going to lose the game, because you can just remove everything. Fortunately people don't play well.

I got tired of facing Francesca + Rag Na Roogh (which I also had initially), so I put Thaw in my deck. Now I faced Francesca decks with Thaw. Threw out Rag Na Rogh, now was facing Francesca decks without any row effects. Got rid of Thaw and put in Vigo's Muzzle, just to face Francesca decks without row effects but Vigo's Muzzle. Got tired of Francesca completely, thought I'd be smart and switched to a Usurper deck (the same special cards!) - not facing a Francesca deck even once.

Now I'm tired of this totally bonkers "match-making" system.

I got tired of facing Francesca + Rag Na Roogh (which I also had initially), so I put Thaw in my deck. Now I faced Francesca decks with Thaw. Threw out Rag Na Rogh, now was facing Francesca decks without any row effects. Got rid of Thaw and put in Vigo's Muzzle, just to face Francesca decks without row effects but Vigo's Muzzle. Got tired of Francesca completely, thought I'd be smart and switched to a Usurper deck (the same special cards!) - not facing a Francesca deck even once.

Now I'm tired of this totally bonkers "match-making" system.

Don't you know? Matchmaking is not rigged, it's all in your head, and when you change decks and get completely different opponents you didn't face for weeks, it's not rigged in any way :coolstory:

Says the Gwent Team - "Unitless decks are dead. Gwent is a game where armies, not lonely spellcasters, come together and clash." Decides to launch new anti-lonely spellcaster update with seasonal mode that doubles every non-unit card that gets played. Go home Gwent Team, you're drunk...

Is seasonal mode only, in 30 days is end.
For complete all misions is fast (for me only remains 2 misions).
If you d´ont like, play ranked mode whit yours all-unit decks.

Stop crying.

Is seasonal mode only, in 30 days is end.
For complete all misions is fast (for me only remains 2 misions).
If you d´ont like, play ranked mode whit yours all-unit decks.

Stop crying.
But I'm getting the same no unit stuff from Nilfgaard in ranked... I can't get a deathwish consume going if everything I try is either stolen and locked.

All decks have at least 13 units.
Unitless decks not exist now, and try to make the same whit 13 units is not profitable. I try it, and I lose all matches. All.

But I'm getting the same no unit stuff from Nilfgaard in ranked... I can't get a deathwish consume going if everything I try is either stolen and locked.

I personally add in almost all my decks one copy of Spring Equinox. It's a 4P card, and it's really useful in some matchups, specially against NG. Just row stack your units and unlock them all with Spring Equinox. I know it's not a perfect solution but it could be considered as a cheap tech card against negative effects like lock, doom or bleeding and can remove some annoying boons like shields or immunity.
Also, the viper witcher trio is very used in NG right now (because it's good), but it tells you what's coming. When the guy plays Letho, according to the effect you know if he can destroy or lock the next card you put. You just need to try and outsmart him, which is actually the good part in gwent imo.

Finally got around to trying out the seasonal mode. Amazing fun, even though I lost the match. Definitely going to play more of it!

Why can't I see the new season or play ranked games anymore?
I updated the game like 10 minutes ago and before that the season of the Viper finished (yes, today) and I got a reset to my rank, from what it looked like. Plus, I earned some keys as a reward. But I cannot spend them, get an error message.
So the game seems totally scuffed right now. Tried pulling another update via Steam, but couldn't find any. Suggestions?

Edit: Wow...ok, so I restarted the game for about the 10th time and the new season finally showed up. POG

Top Bottom