It’s the Underdog Leader Challenge!

+

rrc

Forum veteran
So guys, are you enjoying the event? How's your performance? Here's my current status:
View attachment 11000602

I'm solely playing season mode for this event. My observation is that against Demavend my Harald deck wins 70% of the time, against Calveit it loses 75% of the time. Against leaders not part of the event, it's also more losses than wins, but I expected that. My deck is dependend on 2 cards in R3. If I get them on hand I win, if not I lose. And the chance is higher to not get them on hand (or just one).

Your experiences? Demavend players? Calveit players?
Whaaaattt!!! 19 points. That is crazy. In one of the previous challenges, I remember someone sharing a big number, I think it was around 12-15 towards the end of the season. 19 at this stage is just too much! Well done my friend!

I am not actively participating in the faction challenge since ST is not part of this. I chose Calveit even though I like NR more than NG, as, lorewise NG is more friendly towards ST and Demavand had two elf heads in his basket and laughed at them.. so... :shrug:

Whaaaattt!!! 19 points. That is crazy. In one of the previous challenges, I remember someone sharing a big number, I think it was around 12-15 towards the end of the season. 19 at this stage is just too much! Well done my friend!

I am not actively participating in the faction challenge since ST is not part of this. I chose Calveit even though I like NR more than NG, as, lorewise NG is more friendly towards ST and Demavand had two elf heads in his basket and laughed at them.. so... :shrug:
Isn't the key not to lose one's head? Okay, that was easy XD

So guys, are you enjoying the event? How's your performance? Here's my current status:
View attachment 11000602

I'm solely playing season mode for this event. My observation is that against Demavend my Harald deck wins 70% of the time, against Calveit it loses 75% of the time. Against leaders not part of the event, it's also more losses than wins, but I expected that. My deck is dependend on 2 cards in R3. If I get them on hand I win, if not I lose. And the chance is higher to not get them on hand (or just one).

Your experiences? Demavend players? Calveit players?

Es freut mich, Deutsch zu lesen!
I've done a mix of seasonal and classic, non-ranked. Probably more seasonal than classic at first, then when I hit the bloodthirst phase, just about 100% classic, non-ranked. Since these are the "underdogs" (auf Deutsch Unterhund?) I thought it best to not go for ranked. Last season I played nothing but ranked including my entire Dana faction challenge. Looking at last 15 matches I have 10 wins, 5 losses. While walking the dog I thought to myself why not give ranked a try? Worst case I lose my 2 pieces of Gaunter. Obviously I expect the ranked play to be more difficult. I'm using Holger Blackhand, all the boats except Wild Boar, and off coarse the finisher, or in very rare cases an early play when desperate for removal, Dagur Two-Blades. With seasonal I found that targets I damaged didn't live long enough to get any bloodthrist proc. I was running Wild Boar of the Sea early on too but it kept bricking most of the time or only getting two targets at best. Against Calveit I'm always asking myself where is Peter? And where is Leo? If one of those gets spent on a buffed boat or priest, I usually take a chance on them not having the other in hand. I usually push Calveit round 2. Try to force the leader ability out.

https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/guides/15781

I was so thrilled with my translation of the screen shot I didn't notice the 19 points. What am I telling you about my desk for? Ha! Needs to the be the other way around.

Attachments

• HaraldsPerformance.jpg
    HaraldsPerformance.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 78
I was so thrilled with my translation of the screen shot I didn't notice the 19 points. What am I telling you about my desk for? Ha! Needs to the be the other way around.
Actually, your deck appears to be better on the long run. The deck I use is specifically made just for the event, and gains advantage from Viper Season's bleeding/viality.

It wouldn't perform well in ranked mode.

It's this one:
Harald Event Deck

"Unterhund" made me laugh ;) Playing in German makes it soooo difficult for me to take part in discussions, as I always have to translate the card names first...
Post automatically merged:

Thank you! Are you sure it wasn't the last event? Because I did mention back then that I got to 17 at the end. I wanted to top it this time xD

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I just can not for the love of the almighty gods win with Harald. Really sucks to be honest. At the point in the ladder where I am now, I only see NG. NG everywhere. Soldier Boost, removal, locks. Just sucks.

I played like 15 Games now, I only need 2 wins to finish this stupid assignment. I tried every imaginable combination of cards, even decks specifically designed to beat NG. Lost every Game. G G.

Last edited:
I just can not for the love of the almighty gods win with Harald. Really sucks to be honest. At the point in the ladder where I am now, I only see NG. NG everywhere. Soldier Boost, removal, locks. Just sucks.

I played like 15 Games now, I only need 2 wins to finish this stupid assignment. I tried every imaginable combination of cards, even decks specifically designed to beat NG. Lost every Game. G G.
Try the deck I posted and only play in season mode. Use the synergies of the deck wisely and the vitality/bleeding additions from season mode will support you. Push to win R1. Pass R2. You can basically use everything in R1 except Dagur. Good luck! (And if you happen to play against me, please don't humiliate me :D )

Actually, your "Unterhund" made me laugh ;) Playing in German makes it soooo difficult for me to take part in discussions, as I always have to translate the card names first...

Slightly OT: „Unterhund“ is really epic. Actually, It never occurred to me that there is no proper translation of underdog in German. At least I can’t think of anything right now. Geheimfavorit is close but not quite the same ;)

@tulamide: just switch the Client to English! I can’t join the discussion in the German forum because I don’t know what a „Krabbenspinnendrone“ is :p ... makes it much easier to follow threads here or on reddit ...

BR

Breli

Slightly OT: „Unterhund“ is really epic. Actually, It never occurred to me that there is no proper translation of underdog in German. At least I can’t think of anything right now. Geheimfavorit is close but not quite the same ;)

@tulamide: just switch the Client to English! I can’t join the discussion in the German forum because I don’t know what a „Krabbenspinnendrone“ is :p ... makes it much easier to follow threads here or on reddit ...

BR

Breli
There is no need for every word to have exact one word translation in other languages. It could be because of many reasons, which have mostly linguistic and cultural or also other kind of reasons. I would be very curious how would you translate into English something like "Donaudampfschifffahrtskapitänskajütenschreibtischflaschenhalter". (Yes, that is one word.) :p

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
There is no need for every word to have exact one word translation in other languages. It could be because of many reasons, which have mostly linguistic and cultural or also other kind of reasons. I would be very curious how would you translate into English something like "Donaudampfschifffahrtskapitänskajütenschreibtischflaschenhalter". (Yes, that is one word.) :p
Are you sure there is not a dozen spelling mistakes in that word? :p:p

BR

Breli

Simple: Außenseiter.

harald.png

I'm done with Harald. For at least a year. Or always. He's such a bitch. And all my effort didn't even have any influence whatsoever on the results. From the beginning it was a second place. Are people only playing Calveit?

Could you, please, update all contracts "Complete X quests while supporting Y faction during a challenge event", which were inaccurately counted?

CDPR is working on retroactively updating the contracts.
So ... (using words of Donkey from Shrek 2) ... "Are we there yet"?

Mine contract for Northern Realms is still not updated and additionally, I am also not sure, if extra 50% experience is working properly for Jan Calveit too.

View attachment 11000776
I'm done with Harald. For at least a year. Or always. He's such a bitch. And all my effort didn't even have any influence whatsoever on the results. From the beginning it was a second place. Are people only playing Calveit?
I am in the same boat. I liked my Harald deck, what I did not enjoy so much was playing about 3 out of 4 games against almost identical Calveit decks.

Top Bottom