It's time for CDPR to have Dev Q&As like MS does for Flight Simulator 2020

+
As agile as it is to respond to Voice of the Customer on things like the loot randomization, CDPR might want to take a page from Microsoft's Playbook and start doing Dev Q&As. As risky as that might be with the Legal Teams fending off lawsuits, you'd get a lot more user goodwill and have the opportunity to build a rolling list of features/fixes that could a) be voted on (yeah, lots of controversy can be had over this, but the mob rule wins usually anyway right?) and b) people can see the progress being made on general improvement with those trackers. Trust me, this place looked like the MSFS forums post launch, then Dev and Mod Teams turned it around in about 30 days. Learn from your peers folks.

That's 30-45 minutes out of your time once a month. And have Management do the talking, so they're empowered to make decisions on the spot if necessary. It's the MS Program Manager for FS, the head of Asobo Studios and the Producer of MSFS. That's it. Big names, empowered, good slides showing progress and why they're working on certain things (as voted in the forums). Trust me, there was a LOT of flak post-launch of FS, but MS managed to turn it around splendidly.

As agile as it is to respond to Voice of the Customer on things like the loot randomization, CDPR might want to take a page from Microsoft's Playbook and start doing Dev Q&As. As risky as that might be with the Legal Teams fending off lawsuits, you'd get a lot more user goodwill and have the opportunity to build a rolling list of features/fixes that could a) be voted on (yeah, lots of controversy can be had over this, but the mob rule wins usually anyway right?) and b) people can see the progress being made on general improvement with those trackers. Trust me, this place looked like the MSFS forums post launch, then Dev and Mod Teams turned it around in about 30 days. Learn from your peers folks.

They could've learned from a heap of peers. Including their own history when they couldn't fit half the TW2 endings in TW3 due to time-constraints. They could've learned from Hallo about overhyping and overpromising. From Bioware about presenting something as "gameplay trailer" that might not make it to the final cut. They could've learned from Hallo also about owning up to one's mistake and so on.

They stomped on their own history's positive examples and somehow decided that all they need to care about from 2018 onward is the marketing bit. Financially, they were right.

Now about making devstreams... hahah! At this point in time? Why? On PC the game is almost perfect! Nothing to be improved, if I'm to paraphrase mr. Marcin, just a few bugs to iron out. To consider making the said devstream, you first need to admit that you have a lot to work on just to be able to keep all your promises. And... they don't. Not really. Performance improvement and bug fixing. Everything else is stellar!

They could've learned from a heap of peers. Including their own history when they couldn't fit half the TW2 endings in TW3 due to time-constraints. They could've learned from Hallo about overhyping and overpromising. From Bioware about presenting something as "gameplay trailer" that might not make it to the final cut. They could've learned from Hallo also about owning up to one's mistake and so on.

They stomped on their own history's positive examples and somehow decided that all they need to care about from 2018 onward is the marketing bit. Financially, they were right.

Now about making devstreams... hahah! At this point in time? Why? On PC the game is almost perfect! Nothing to be improved, if I'm to paraphrase mr. Marcin, just a few bugs to iron out. To consider making the said devstream, you first need to admit that you have a lot to work on just to be able to keep all your promises. And... they don't. Not really. Performance improvement and bug fixing. Everything else is stellar!

I get most (if not all your reply) is /sarc. That being said, there is plenty of room for CDPR to take MS' cues and rebuild goodwill. If people don't want it, that's their problem. If they're so inclined to think the product is hot trash, hopefully they took advantage of the refund. I'm here for the long haul because I enjoy the Genre and think this game has potential. That being said, helping CDPR help us is the right thing to do.

I get most (if not all your reply) is /sarc. That being said, there is plenty of room for CDPR to take MS' cues and rebuild goodwill. If people don't want it, that's their problem. If they're so inclined to think the product is hot trash, hopefully they took advantage of the refund. I'm here for the long haul because I enjoy the Genre and think this game has potential. That being said, helping CDPR help us is the right thing to do.

I leave the greed to others that consider releasing alpha-stage games as finished products a completely acceptable practice. Sadly, CDPR did jump this wagon too, but I didn't want to backtrack. I PO'ed the game basing my decision on all their lies during NCWs and other marketing stunts and I'mma own it.

MS isn't the only example there. Digital Extremes comes to mind, the peeps at GGG, hell! Massive Entertainment... Plenty of them examples. Might help, indeed, seeing how the leaders of the company seem to favor... a politician approach to solving problems - making it highly incompatible with Hallo Games' route. So yeah... Maybe if they'd set up a tiny studio to keep us entertained on a fortnight basis - you know, to compensate for what their empty world can't do - then, yeah... it could work.

Top Bottom