I've never played an RPG before, should I get the Witcher 3?

+
I've never played an RPG before, should I get the Witcher 3?

I've never played an RPG before but The Witcher 3 is getting 10/10 everywhere I look. However, I've previously held off games like Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age Inquistion for the same reason, even though I've enjoyed games like Destiny with RPG elements in them.

Should i get? And what should I expect from it?

Its a genre like any other no one can really tell you if you will like it or not, but if you are going to dip your toe into a new genre to see if you like it, it is probably best to play one that is getting good reviews.

[edit]
Expect a game were you are confronted with morally grey choices and the seemingly "best" choice might turn around and be the not so great choice after all. Expect mature themes, expect blurred lines between good guys and bad guys. Expect a game that is vast and maybe a little intimidating if you are unfamiliar with an open world game. Really the only way to know if you will like an RPG is to try one.

Last edited:
I used to play FPS. Then I played Skyrim. I never looked back.

But seriously, try it yourself. No one can tell whether you would like it or not. Although if you enjoy open world, mature and sophisticated story telling, looting for better equipment, you would most likely like the game.

I've never played an RPG before but The Witcher 3 is getting 10/10 everywhere I look. However, I've previously held off games like Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age Inquistion for the same reason, even though I've enjoyed games like Destiny with RPG elements in them.

Well, you should expect a mature World with alot of Violence, hate and racism, a badass "Hero", beautifull women and awesome monsters. I played both Witchers and both Games are extreme good. Hell year, you should buy this Game.

If you like a mature medieval-themed RPG with magic and monsters, then buy it now. If not, don't. :)

Well i think u should check the story and some gameplay videos first if you like them both u can easly play on the lowest difficulty so you can nearly play it as an action game with rpg elements in it.

It depends if u like the RPG-Genre sir.

If you never played an RPG before and decide to give it a try then I guess Witcher 3 will be a good choice since you dont need to play the first 2 games of the series for the story.

You can expect a really really deep story full of emotions with tons of side quests and smaller storys. Really good looking graphics and a vast open-world to explore with secrets and weird places in every corner and much more like leveling up your charakter and improve your skills in fights and the mini game "gwent". Make decisions which will affect your game later. There is sooo much you will be able to do u cant imagine.

But the most greatest thing for me is the "wild hunt" itself. I want to know everything about it.

As people stated above about the game's world and story.
If you liked Destiny, The Witcher 3 is somewhat similar; perks to upgrade and inventory to manage, while the combat is like an action game, with plenty maneuvering. It's somewhat more complex, with some other features like alchemy, but not more obtuse; it's pretty straightforward.

You should absolutely get it! RPG's require a bit more patience though as it takes more time than regular games to complete. You have the main story, side quests, wondering around/exploring, etc. Get it, take your time and immerse yourself in an amazing world! :D

If you've never played an RPG before, it's a good way to find out now whether you like the genre or not. ;)
And you can always play it on easy and don't bother with all the RPG mechanics, just explore, do quests and experiene a - quite long - interactive story instead.

You can expect a single-player role-playing game, wherein you assume the role of the Witcher, a monster-hunter, and mutant. The series is story-driven, and contains a rich lore. There's no multiplayer, nor are you in direct control of a tactical team of characters -- just the Witcher, and his skills. (There will be limited play shifts to another character for story purposes, though.) You can also expect a great deal of combat, with a variety of mediaeval weapons, and a limited set of magical signs. You cannot customise your character to the same degree as in other games. There is a strong emphasis upon preparing for battle, and tailoring your skills to each fight.

Yes... buy the game, try something new, be open and have fun.

Really hard to say to someone who has never played an RPG.

The game does have elements that can turn people off. You should really research the game before playing it though. DA:I got rave reviews, but that game was one of the worst WRPG I've played lol.

Never again will I buy base on score.

Don't buy !!!
Play call of duty instead!!!

This game is not meant for you!!
By the way it's good you didn't play DA:I its shit and mordor is a good hack and slach game (in that you fight like a god almost untouchable and continues chain of slaughter )

Last edited:
Top Bottom