Jackie Welles - Night City's Golden Boy ❤

+
I never said that was Misty, and xxTotexx edited his comment coming to the same conclusion as you.

And I never responded to you. Self-centric much?

This location seems different from Mistys parlor, and presence of Jackie in this image implies further that it might indeed be mrs. Welles.
jackies.jpg

Whoah, c'mon guise we're all nerds here :howdy:

Bloodartist was reiterating that the lady with the powder blue hair isn't Misty. I really think it's Jackie's mum!! And I just :coolstory: I hope we can go over there for dinner or something and have an option to say something cheesy like, "Jackie! You didn't tell me you had a sister!" :ohstopit:

That screencap MrStuntAction posted has me nervous, but I havta remind myself choices have consequences and I honestly don't think CDPR would spoil Jackie's death like that if it wasn't avoidable. Because he's such a loveable character, imagine if it wasn't shown in the cgi trailer and how shocking and heartbreaking it would've been for us :cry:

A lot of people are expecting Jackie to die so I feel like they'll throw a curveball at us! It looks like Misty (Thanks to Bloodartist for pointing out the same necklace she's wearing from the demo) is holding a necklace out to V that has a bullet centered in it :giveup: most likely the one that killed Jackie...

I can't! I refuse to believe Jackie's death is set in stone for the story!

Edit: Mama Welles' hair is probably grey not powder blue lol
1602831275683.png

A lot of people are expecting Jackie to die so I feel like they'll throw a curveball at us! It looks like Misty (Thanks to Bloodartist for pointing out the same necklace she's wearing from the demo) is holding a necklace out to V that has a bullet centered in it :giveup: most likely the one that killed Jackie...

My guess is that Jackie dying is probably the bad outcome if you don't make the mission as intended to (or maybe is it mandatory to justify the chip and Dex shooting you off)...

While a traduced line from the Russian NCWire said that Johnny tells to V "I remember you at Viktor's crying you saw thing etc...", Probably leads us to think that probably that if you betray Dex, you just steal the chip or something, maybe Jackie doesn't die then, or/and, you ends the prologue at different places, dumpsters, at a ripperdoc, etc ...

One month to find out

My guess is that Jackie dying is probably the bad outcome if you don't make the mission as intended to (or maybe is it mandatory to justify the chip and Dex shooting you off)...

I'm starting to think that Jackie dying is like, a common outcome. And you might have to work hard to find the specific set of circumstances and choices in order to avoid it.

If CP2077 was a movie, then chances of him dying would be like, 99%. He is being set up according to every rule in drama. But since this is an extremely deep RPG which places much emphasis on player choice, it might not be as set in stone.

I'm starting to think that Jackie dying is like, a common outcome. And you might have to work hard to find the specific set of circumstances and choices in order to avoid it.

If CP2077 was a movie, then chances of him dying would be like, 99%. He is being set up according to every rule in drama. But since this is an extremely deep RPG which places much emphasis on player choice, it might not be as set in stone.

At the same time, we're not supposed to have a permanent companion for our mercenary jobs, which goes against Jackie being your partner.

At the same time, we're not supposed to have a permanent companion for our mercenary jobs, which goes against Jackie being your partner.

To be honnest, if he'd survived it, with all the shitshow it would be, he'd probably grab his mom and leave the state.

His death seems mandatory, but on the other hand, CDPR is so affraid of spoilers, maybe they want to trick us with the worst ending, since we'll obviously work our best to succeed that mission.

That is an excellent point. This might be the key reason why Jackie needs to be written out... Such a shame. Jason Hightower does an amazing job with the VA. But I know that I would prefer to be a lone wolf no matter how affable Jackie is.

Although, V DOES have a companion... or more of a microsoft office assistant... Johnny. He doesn't participate though.

That is an excellent point. This might be the key reason why Jackie needs to be written out... Such a shame. Jason Hightower does an amazing job with the VA. But I know that I would prefer to be a lone wolf no matter how affable Jackie is.

Although, V DOES have a companion... or more of a microsoft office assistant... Johnny. He doesn't participate though.

I dunno... If Jackie's just a "hand holder" through the tutorial/introduction to NC then why would they bother making a 90 AUD figure of him? Lol I mean what is it? 3-4 hours into the game before you meet Johnny and then there's 36 or so more hours of the main storyline- (this is just a guess idk how long the main story is). That makes me think he's not a small time character.

And on top of that- Devs have said that the main romances have all been shown, which makes me think Dexter, Viktor, T-Bug, Judy and Jackie are all main characters who can end up getting hurt or worse depending on your decisions.

Plus I'm scared :ROFLMAO: I'm planning on working for Evelyn so I can avoid Dex's mission entirely. I know you gotta get the chip, but I think there will be different ways to retrieve it depending on who you side with and CDPR are just showing one. The Devs also said there will be other characters who'll tag along with V on missions (not just JS).

Remember Johnny's in V's head and no one else can see or hear him lol. I feel like it will lead to some really funny situations where Johnny's talking shit about V's company unless V tells everyone there's a rockerboy in his head

Jackie living doesn't necessarily mean he has to be our partner and accompany us throughout the game. What I'm really curious about is the wheelchair we see in the (presumably Misty's) apartment. I wonder if its possible that Jackie gets seriously wounded or the like. The game's story is going to be very interesting, since aside from the fact that we go after and acquire the chip near the start of the game, we have no idea what the rest of the story will focus on.

since aside from the fact that we go after and acquire the chip near the start of the game, we have no idea what the rest of the story will focus on.

Since I dont know anything, I can speculate freely. My guess is on both Arasakas (Saburo and Yorinobu) individually trying to pry the chip from your dead body. Johnny breaking the black wall to be reunited with Alt, maybe getting revenge on Arasaka while at it. Maybe preventing the release of soulkiller 2.0 (or whichever version was the latest).

There are plenty of plot threads to extrapolate simply from already existing lore. I expect that there is not a single story to follow as such, but several separate ones.

Jackie living doesn't necessarily mean he has to be our partner and accompany us throughout the game.

Jackie barely survives "the heist" and his mom forbids him from doing any of that dangerous mercenary work..

Jackie living doesn't necessarily mean he has to be our partner and accompany us throughout the game. What I'm really curious about is the wheelchair we see in the (presumably Misty's) apartment. I wonder if its possible that Jackie gets seriously wounded or the like. The game's story is going to be very interesting, since aside from the fact that we go after and acquire the chip near the start of the game, we have no idea what the rest of the story will focus on.

Being wounded is definitely a possibility. Although it looked more like a hospital (or a back-alley hospital) rather than Misty's apartment.

Jackie barely survives "the heist" and his mom forbids him from doing any of that dangerous mercenary work..

But all of his friends are doing it.

We know from jurnos who played 4 hours that you will have 6 month time skip after prologue quest. This looks like the skip cinematic scenes. It will show V getting to know JAckie more and you two starting working together as mercs. Then it will bring you back to the game and you will start first quest with bathtub woman and truma team.

View attachment 11063132

:giveup: Who pushed Jackie? Devs pls respond! Not Night City's golden boy !!
:think:It matters not who it is, all that matters is that they are going down! :mad:
Nobody hurts V's friends and gets away with it! :disapprove:

Jackie is FAMILIA!
(this will make for very interesting in game story :D)
To be honnest, if he'd survived it, with all the shitshow it would be, he'd probably grab his mom and leave the state.

His death seems mandatory, but on the other hand, CDPR is so affraid of spoilers, maybe they want to trick us with the worst ending, since we'll obviously work our best to succeed that mission.

Yea exactly, Just because Jackie isn't next to V 100% of the time even if he lives, doesn't guarantee that he must die. He could just go somewhere else or who knows? :shrug:
We know from jurnos who played 4 hours that you will have 6 month time skip after prologue quest. This looks like the skip cinematic scenes. It will show V getting to know JAckie more and you two starting working together as mercs. Then it will bring you back to the game and you will start first quest with bathtub woman and truma team.
Really cool if true :D

Last edited:
:think:It matters not who it is, all that matters is that they are going down! :mad:
Nobody hurts V's friends and gets away with it! :disapprove:

Jackie is FAMILIA!
(this will make for very interesting in game story :D)

Yea exactly, Just because Jackie isn't next to V 100% of the time even if he lives, doesn't guarantee that he must die. He could just go somewhere else or who knows? :shrug:
Well said Fridgeband! We demand answers!

Top Bottom