Jackie Welles - Night City's Golden Boy ❤

+
W-what do you mean by this? :oops:
Post automatically merged:

Maybe it's a code. Uhhhh Steak cooking video... Rainbow Dash... making a chewing face.....
Steak... Chew.... uhhhhhhhhh rainbow horse... uhhhhhhhhh chew chew... um...
I can't figure it out

edit:
WAIT... chew chew is the sound that trains make, and the steak was being cooked with fire right? So trains have coal inside and they burn the coal to make the train go "CHEWW CHEWWWW!!!" and then smoke comes out and the train goes. and JACKIE..... ummmmm then uhh.... :facepalm:

help :giveup:

Someone said Jackie and Johnny Silverhand can interact together so it's confirmed Jackie's death is avoidable :coolstory: yay!!

Someone said Jackie and Johnny Silverhand can interact together so it's confirmed Jackie's death is avoidable :coolstory: yay!!

Got any source for this?

I find it interesting that he ranges from friendly to neutral to hostile towards you at first depending on which background you go with.

His relationship starts differently according to origin:
Corpo - Jackie is an old friend who knows you from before
Streetkid - You first meet Jackie during the car theft scene when he levels a gun at your face
Nomad - Jackie is your contact person for a job which involves you smuggling something to NC. You meet Jackie for the first time during it.

His relationship starts differently according to origin:
Corpo - Jackie is an old friend who knows you from before
Streetkid - You first meet Jackie during the car theft scene when he levels a gun at your face
Nomad - Jackie is your contact person for a job which involves you smuggling something to NC. You meet Jackie for the first time during it.

All roads lead to Jackie...
dying. :cry:

Yes. The way the story has been told to us (and even shown to us), heavily implies this.

Not only that, but its a tool of transfer of emotion. Bam, one character is no longer available, new one introduced. Transfer all of the friendship and feelings to the new one where as you might not otherwise. New guy is an arse, but hey still warm fuzzies for the new "ally" because they just took the place of the last one. New guy might not be trustworthy, but hey, still have those trust vibes from the ally before that this "ally" replaces. Based on statements of Keanu, not sure if Johnny can be trusted or should be trusted.

Duuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Don't get too happy about this. I've spoken with several of the Youtube content creators that focus on CP2077 and have searched myself, and none of us to date have been able to verify that these statements are true. Until we get a link, I would pause the enthusiasm. Right now all we know is that in a least some game-play directions Jackie dies, so its a bit like Schrodinger's Cat, except we know that greater than 50% of the time Jackie is dead...

Jackie being dead would make sense from a narrative perspective: at some point we have to go out into Night City on our own and forge our destiny. Up to this point all the indications we have seen suggest that he dies.
But let us not forget that CDPR has emphasized heavily the impact of actions and consequences in the game and the agency the player has to impact the outcome of events. I would not be surprised if there was a way to avoid Jackie's death. This is one of the reasons that I am planning on being a Corpo: I hope that my past knowledge of Arasaka will allow us to complete the mission just like Bugg wants it, on the hush.

I like Jackie so far. He seems like a big dumb joker. Not very bright, but always positive and good for a laugh, and likely getting into all sorts of trouble.

I am hoping I can keep him alive.

Top Bottom